Clemmie Telford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she trying to pretend she’s not middle class and called Clemmie?😁.

Looking like Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen lackey suffering a midlife crisis is not the way to go Clem T.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She tries to come across as if she is trying sooo hard to look working class and has to shop in charity shops to clothe herself, hence the thrown-together-but-nothing-matches look, whilst comparing her situation of trying to sell her £900k home to living on the streets. It's all a bit try-hard and doesn't work IMO. Just own your privilege Clemmie, it's not your fault! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s what the cool kidz do innit?

Clemmie is the epitome of cool dontcha know?
😂😂😂 I think I'll stick with being chronically uncool then. Honestly, she looks like a preschooler who just slung on everything that caught her eye in the wardrobe that morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Honestly she looks bloody awful. I don't usually care what people wear but most of her outfits are ridiculous 🤔

Reactions: 5
The advertising industry is one of the most oppressive for women. Encouraging them to focus on their appearance over more important things, creating the perfect home and consuming excess amounts of tit they don't really need by stealthily creating feelings of inadequacy. When it is hidden in the form of gifts it is even more problematic. I'm just making a living by making other women feel a bit tit and buy things - do we see a problem here?

Reactions: 11
The advertising industry is one of the most oppressive for women. Encouraging them to focus on their appearance over more important things, creating the perfect home and consuming excess amounts of tit they don't really need by stealthily creating feelings of inadequacy. When it is hidden in the form of gifts it is even more problematic. I'm just making a living by making other women feel a bit tit and buy things - do we see a problem here?
Also what has the last bit of her post got to do with declaring gifts and freebies. Using the mental health/disability (child) to get likes and attention and validation. Nothing to do with declaring what you are trying to flog to followers who essentially give you the platform to make yourself a ‘job’...
(That made sense in my head)

Reactions: 3
The article I think she was referring to was about the evolution of the influencer industry and as far as I can tell it barely touched on advertising transparency. Most of the big influencers are able bodied, white attractive women. She is one of them. I don't understand her point actually.

Reactions: 8
The article I think she was referring to was about the evolution of the influencer industry and as far as I can tell it barely touched on advertising transparency. Most of the big influencers are able bodied, white attractive women. She is one of them. I don't understand her point actually.
Probably just trying to get engagement from higher tier influencers.

Interesting discussion going on under that post now, although Lucy seems a bit prickly towards anyone that doesn't agree with her.

Ex journalists keep throwing out this argument that gifts and freebies are rife in the world of traditional print and bloggers are being held to higher standards, which is "not fair". As far as I am aware the ASA rules are the same regardless of the medium, so I wondered whether there was something specific to journalists and had a look at the NUJ code of conduct. Points 2 and 10 seem to suggest there must be a LOT of ex 'journalists' breaking the code of conduct? Seems like journalists should be right on board with transparency rules, and the risk of conflict of interests, and not trying to hide gifted products from their readers.

And this is what the Guardian code of conduct says :
Commercial products No Guardian journalist or freelance primarily associated with GNM should endorse commercial products unless with the express permission of their head of department or managing editor. Neither should they be involved in producing advertisement features (advertorials).

Reactions: 3
I think the point is, if you are going to be an #ad machine, make it flipping relatable and as natural as possible. If you have a tit product don't be all QVC is, call the shots.

I get the journo's point that blogging is a great way for parents to make money more flexibly and I support that whole heartedly, let's not do the bullshit bit about flogging crap because someone has paid you, not actually conducting proper reviews and how things can work for your budget / lifestyle.

I get the journo's point that blogging is a great way for parents to make money more flexibly and I support that whole heartedly, let's not do the bullshit bit about flogging crap because someone has paid you, not actually conducting proper reviews and how things can work for your budget / lifestyle.
Completely agree.
Writing advertorials is not the same as being a journalist.

Reactions: 4
Completely agree.
Writing advertorials is not the same as being a journalist.
Exactly, and I would also add that blogging shouldn't be about advertorials, surely it's about authenticity and reliability. Something unmumsy mum has done well and Katie Ellison to a lesser extent, but she uses products that fit into her lifestyle as oppose to just flogging.

Reactions: 4
I went to unfollow her and watched her stories. She’s posted her son in a hideous minirodini outfit with tootsamaginty socks 🙄 how out of touch and privileged. And clear example hear of money not equally taste. Both tagged but not an ad or gifted 🙄
Her husband has taken 3 children away so she can influence others with tit. How kind.

I went to unfollow her and watched her stories. She’s posted her son in a hideous minirodini outfit with tootsamaginty socks 🙄 how out of touch and privileged. And clear example hear of money not equally taste. Both tagged but not an ad or gifted 🙄
Her husband has taken 3 children away so she can influence others with tit. How kind.
She’s not good at delivering a monologue is she, monotonous more like.

Yes she needs her insta mum dark hair back. Despite how creepy this is :
Mega creepy, mega bizarre. Are they just Insta friends, or friends from before? Again... so bizarre.

Also, I want to give her some moisturiser, she looks so hard up. lol.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.