Clemmie Telford #5 There once was an a-hole from Peckham who likes to buy houses and wreck’em

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually like that colour in itself but it really does nothing for her kitchen. That needed something lighter to lift it as it seems to have little natural light. Is it a basement one?

Reactions: 3
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks every single one of her design ideas are putrid. I don't understand how you can spend so much on a house and make it look dull as ditchwater.

Reactions: 4
It's so funny because that person she tagged - the slate house has done what she's trying to do but done it really well. She's always a crappy facsimile of someone else's idea.

Ha yes she is desperately trying to rip off The Flint House but the contrast between the two is very stark isn’t it 😂

Reactions: 1
Please tell me that's not finished. Where are the head-height cupboards?
---
I'm guessing she is a stranger to the golden ratio.
Seriously, where are the wall cupboards?! I can’t believe the massive expanse of bare wall, in a kitchen! Talk about wasted space.

Reactions: 6
she's a nasty woman, I hate what she did to candice brathwaite. God, I dislike her, hope her marriage is on the rocks, like candice's was when she tried to cause her all that trouble.

she's a nasty woman, I hate what she did to candice brathwaite. God, I dislike her, hope her marriage is on the rocks, like candice's was when she tried to cause her all that trouble.
Clemmie Telford or Clemmie Hooper? The latter is the one who was nasty about Candice.

Or is there some ☕ you’ve heard?

Quite funny how budget Clem probably benefited from some spillover and people mixing them up when it was all gifting and mummy blogger mania, now it goes both ways and she’s getting the rightful vitriol MOD inspires.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think you’re confusing Telford with Hooper. I didn’t know Candice’s relationship was on the rocks though? I don’t think they (CB and Papa B) were actually married at that point either.

I can't stop laughing thinking about our poor clembo being mistaken with big dog Clemmie and getting all the hate 🤣 all the poor woman ever did was trying to be part of the gang so hard and failing at each turn she took. That is all 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I usually assume the sofa's going to positioned so you can watch a nice big telly (I hate the way some middle class people sneer at large TVs - my husband's family always do - I love a big old flat screen), not some french windows.

Am not sure this arrangement works any better Clem. The sofa as soon as you come in the door with a (?) sideboard in front of it?!
Thought that print said “Wank it off” and it didn’t even seem unlikely for this pair

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The more she shows of the house before the “reno” 🤮 the more I wonder if she’s okay.

Is it in an extremely desirable area or something (clutching at straws there given that it overlooks a graffiti laden carpark), is it in a fabulous school catchment area?

I just don’t understand why the hell anyone would take that on?

Reactions: 9
I just don’t understand why the hell anyone would take that on?
I think she looked at the Hoopers and tried to emulate what they were doing, because there’s definite similarities. A house like budget Clems in an actually desirable area would have probably cost twice as much. The difference is that the Hoopers had been done out before they bought it and their ‘renovations’ were cosmetic. I think DLAM has also moved to the coast so Clemmie felt left out. The difference is that Telford’s an idiot though, and should have adult supervision at all times (any other adult except her husband obviously).

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah I definitely saw it as a keeping up with the Hoopers' move except she's taken on WAY more than she can handle.

Reactions: 4
The Hoopers bought a house that had already been done up to a really high standard. All they did was rip out the cosmetic stuff and redecorate with a load of #gifted Insta tat. It wasn’t a ‘Reno’ so much as set dressing for grid pics.

In classic Telford style over substance, they found something that ticked all the superficial boxes: period property, by the sea, in Kent, lots of bedrooms. But typically overlooked the important details: front door opens right onto the street, abandoned car park opposite, building is an actual wreck that ought to have been condemned and razed to the ground.

Their flair for timing also meant that after four years of trying to buy the place, they’d missed the boat on all the freebies and had to actually fork out for their own overhanging wardrobe carpentry, bodged kitchen refit, exposed electrical wiring and basic plastic light switches.

Reactions: 19