Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After watching about 2 minutes of that excrutiating ‘interview’ with MOD and Budget Clemmie, I now have visions of those ‘breakfasts’ being full of middle class women in fugly expensive dresses, fringes and glasses all standing up and shouting ‘I’m Clemmie’ ‘No, I’m Clemmie’, Spartacus style.
And then they’d all troop outside to take photos of each other posing and rocking peace signs in front of some brightly coloured street art.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They were like the “cool group” at school. Well, in their own heads.

There is a fabulous “interview” with the two Clemmies on Youtube. You can almost smell the self importance. They really believed their own hype. A friend of mine sent it to me to cheer me up and give me something to laugh at during a hard time 😂

They really do think they are celebrities or really important people.

Just watched this for the first time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 omg so painful
Budget clem sighing ‘and most recently at Facebook..’ she was a contractor on a 9 month (?) contract. This isn’t big or impressive. At least mod does actually have a skilled worthwhile job.
Budget clem is so in awe of mod it’s eye watering.
Mod thinks she’s so bleeping cool 🤣 so funny to think of her demise

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just had a watch too. Something that struck me is when they're talking about the 'instamum' community and about how much they've all made friends and found their people. They made it sound like it was some welcome, open community but we all know that it was reserved for middle class mums with big followings. There's not a chance in hell they would have welcomed me in with open arms. I'd be stuck in the 'bleak' maternity leave that budget Clemmie had before she had a big following.

Reactions: 14
I just had a watch too. Something that struck me is when they're talking about the 'instamum' community and about how much they've all made friends and found their people. They made it sound like it was some welcome, open community but we all know that it was reserved for middle class mums with big followings. There's not a chance in hell they would have welcomed me in with open arms. I'd be stuck in the 'bleak' maternity leave that budget Clemmie had before she had a big following.

Oh yeah, it was only for those who’s faces fit.

Middle class, privately educated women with London houses, who could afford multiple holidays, festivals (and all the sequins to go with them), and ski trips. And let’s be honest, they only friends for what they could do for each other.

They all met via those “Mothers Meetings”, it was all a business transaction from the start. They were in the right place at the right time and some like MOD, absolutely milked it for all it was worth.

It all seemed quite toxic looking back.

As an aside - I’ve just found the Mothers Meeting youtube channel and good lord, there are some clangers on there! The useless panels talking utter tit with MP and MOD trying to look sincere!

(Don’t judge me, my 2 years old has just come out in Chicken pox and all she wants to do is nap on me, I’ve got a lot of time on my hands!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Mothers Meeting really produced some monsters, it’s like NCT on crack. They all came out from there

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I like clementine as a full name but clemmie makes me think of phlegmmy or clammy... not the nicest of words!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also if it weren’t for Tattle those witches would be still out there flogging overpriced “cool” stuff to new mothers, taking advantage of a period of huge vulnerability

Reactions: 14
Right, don’t judge but I went to a Mothers Meeting once. I used to live in Shoreditch and it was right round the corner from me, so I went while I was on mat leave. It was so bleeping weird. Everyone dressed to the absolute nines in Rixo, and Scamp and Dude. The panel was Mother Pukka, MoD and some poor, really normal looking lovely woman who was launching a meditation app and was obviously only there for the PR.
MP and MoD nasally monotoned absolute drivel for about an hour about how hard it was to find time for yourself when you were a mum. Then Jenny Mothers Meetings took over and presented a PowerPoint that was embarrassingly bad and riddled with spelling mistakes. I know she makes a big thing out of being dyslexic, but my partner is dyslexic and he’s obsessive about spell checking all his work presentations and making sure there are no mistakes.
I think with the insta huns that dyslexia was a cover for being thick as well as a substitute for a personality trait.
Ha! Am enjoying the nostalgia of the insta mums’ heyday. What a time to be alive and on maternity leave that was. I wonder if any of them have the self-awareness to look back on it all and cringe all the way inside out of their arseholes. Or are they oblivious to how irrelevant they are these days? Surely the dried up sponcon and lack of book deals must be a clue?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Looking back it was all so damaging to normal women, this was a time when they were doing constant undeclared ads and you always felt you weren’t good or cool enough - in fact they’re just a bunch of try-hards, like Budget Clemmie long boarding in Peckham, the festivals as if it was Woodstock etc. And don’t get me started on “adult headache”!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Looking back it was all so damaging to normal women, this was a time when they were doing constant undeclared ads and you always felt you weren’t good or cool enough - in fact they’re just a bunch of try-hards, like Budget Clemmie long boarding in Peckham, the festivals as if it was Woodstock etc. And don’t get me started on “adult headache”!
Oh tit, the long boarding 😂😂😂

I’d forgotten about that little fad. What the hell did they think they were doing?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh tit, the long boarding 😂😂😂

I’d forgotten about that little fad. What the hell did they think they were doing?!
Memories of her long boarding on her commute have just come rushing back to me what a pretentious twit 🤣🥰

• Haha
I had a new born at the time and was so vulnerable to all that tit. I seriously was going to drop £200 I didn’t have on one of those Sleepy Head things. Luckily I came to my senses and figured out it was all a bleeping pyramid scam to sell undeclared tat to new mothers with PND.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had a new born at the time and was so vulnerable to all that tit. I seriously was going to drop £200 I didn’t have on one of those Sleepy Head things. Luckily I came to my senses and figured out it was all a bleeping pyramid scam to sell undeclared tat to new mothers with PND.
The whole lot of them are absolute shits for making people feel that way. Pretending to be relatable and your mate, while all the time it was just undeclared ads and gifts.

I also had a newborn when they were at their “peak”
I remember genuinely feeling like I was letting my child down because I couldn’t afford a Tiba & Marl changing bag 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just watched a bit of the video. Can't believe the Clemmies were only mates for about 4 years! The went in like they were proper besties, but really only briefly in each other's Iives. As if Budget Clemmie had MOD an internet friend come for the birth.

As if Budget Clemmie had MOD an internet friend come for the birth.
Clemmie Hooper/MoD delivered Clemmie Telford’s youngest child, Greta. There’s an (admittedly very nice) photo of them together after the birth which seems to have been scrubbed off the Internet. I did find these:

Infamous bathroom:

6C80C200-F546-4F17-9CE9-E1C74D122483.jpeg

Guess the Clemmie:

B5A61DB2-384B-43C1-B114-E44C16819BAC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I also had a newborn when they were at their “peak”
I remember genuinely feeling like I was letting my child down because I couldn’t afford a Tiba & Marl changing bag 🙁
I nearly bought one at peak instaMum time too then I read the bag was made from some tit faux leather and for all that money I was shocked. Dodged a bullet

Reactions: 3
They were like the “cool group” at school. Well, in their own heads.

There is a fabulous “interview” with the two Clemmies on Youtube. You can almost smell the self importance. They really believed their own hype. A friend of mine sent it to me to cheer me up and give me something to laugh at during a hard time 😂

They really do think they are celebrities or really important people.

A golden find! Clemmie seemed to have got a memo to dress like a zoo animal, wth was that outfit.
“…bullet points so anyone can write…” No, Clemmie, people can write in sentences and paragraphs quite well.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.