Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wolf359

Chatty Member
It was always bloody breakfast, wasn’t it? Always breakfast. Which they would all film themselves rushing off to like very important people. And always goody bags and expensive flowers on the tables. All so that they could talk about themselves.

It was always head girl, Mother Pukka in her serious journalist glasses, interviewing her mates, in front of all their other mates, talking about stuff that they all knew about each other anyway. Nodding sagely and taking it all very seriously with the odd tear thrown in.

Fucking baffling. What a waste of everyone’s time.

And then there would be the obligatory group photo, usually huddled around a smug looking MOD who was positioned to look like the fucking second coming.

Ah, I almost miss those days.

ETA - the photo also always included dress like a mum being quirky in the corner. Oh Zoe! You sequinned loon! 😂 God love the lot of them.
Lol! So true. Who did they think they were talking to? What did they think they were doing?? It was like a G8 summit for insta huns.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
MP is on a programme that tells people how to save money. On one programme she advised a woman to cancel her expensive weekly meal subscription service. A couple of weeks prior to that…she was flogging an expensive meal subscription service.
She’s a total flake. She’s cleverly positioned herself as the knowledgeable instahun by wearing some dark rimmed glasses and standing in front of a brick wall.

• Haha

Buffy

Why don’t more people see though this complete bollocks?
For me personally I had just had a baby I was sleep deprived, suffering PND & I was basically in awe of them!

I wanted the Tiba & Mark backpack & the Scamp & Dude Jumpers I didn’t go to any baby classes because I thought everyone would be like “them” and I wouldn’t fit in unless I was living that type of life.

Anyway i think what I’m trying to say is yes 5 years on I can now see it was all utter Shi!
But at the time I was I guess you can say a vulnerable new mom.

• Heart
  • Angry

Maria1

Chatty Member
Hard work is great advice but being born into the right family with the right income is a tremendous factor too and Clemmie is a prime example of this.

• Heart

Antonina

Chatty Member
Looking back it was all so damaging to normal women, this was a time when they were doing constant undeclared ads and you always felt you weren’t good or cool enough - in fact they’re just a bunch of try-hards, like Budget Clemmie long boarding in Peckham, the festivals as if it was Woodstock etc. And don’t get me started on “adult headache”!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Limetree

Who can afford a million pound house without selling their current house? When they were “almost bankrupt” a few years ago and one doesn’t work and the others does podcasts????

It's like the FODs; they come from London and are shocked how big a building they can get for their money. So grab bigger the better.

What they don't see is that actually they can have much nicer, albeit smaller, house with a better parking option, garden, etc just up the road but without the insta value.
They do exactly the same in London. They move here from wherever they grew up/studied and buy a decent size property but in a cheap area - spend most of the time subtly complaining about the people who have lived there all their lives, complain they cant get 'a decent coffee' etc - but leave before, heaven forbid, their kids attend a London secondary school. And then make an absolute fortune. They dont even contribute to trying to improve an area, they are entirely self serving and would campaign for a coffee shop over something else that would benefit the wider community. All of that lot have done it. It's unbelievably transparent. (And short sighted as often London schools are often far better resourced than those outside - not saying this funding thing is morally right but it is a fact). And now they are off to do the same elsewhere no doubt.

• Heart

Madbadsad

🙋‍♀️ I also was loopy on birth hormones and bought a Tiba & Marl changing mat (couldn’t afford the bag) and a mother tshirt. AND I went to a Mothers Meeting- which was crap! All of which I now really cringe about.

But at the time I had no idea that they would have all got this stuff for free as the ads weren’t declared. You do lose your sense of identity for a while when you have a baby. This all very cleverly fed into that insecurity.
They appeared to be a ‘community’ 🤢 of friends who had it all.

Obviously it was a load of 💩
I feel so much better reading this 😂

• Heart

Rosieee

VIP Member
"Due to unforeseen events we cannot move and have to take a rental accomodation". I can assure you Clemie that we all saw it coming in here, it was unforeseen only to you 🤣
Also who goes on holidays just before a big move like that? Even my friends who very are well off did not go on holidays the year they renovated and moved. She really lives on another planet.

• Haha

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
It was always bloody breakfast, wasn’t it? Always breakfast. Which they would all film themselves rushing off to like very important people. And always goody bags and expensive flowers on the tables. All so that they could talk about themselves.

It was always head girl, Mother Pukka in her serious journalist glasses, interviewing her mates, in front of all their other mates, talking about stuff that they all knew about each other anyway. Nodding sagely and taking it all very seriously with the odd tear thrown in.

Fucking baffling. What a waste of everyone’s time.

And then there would be the obligatory group photo, usually huddled around a smug looking MOD who was positioned to look like the fucking second coming.

Ah, I almost miss those days.

ETA - the photo also always included dress like a mum being quirky in the corner. Oh Zoe! You sequinned loon! 😂 God love the lot of them.
This is everything!! Sage nodding and meaningful eye contact with each other whilst discussing inequality. As you say all white, middle class able bodied women with complimentary Jo Malone goody bags. Or at each other’s ’book launches’.
What a bunch of twats

• Haha

Rosieee

VIP Member
"Definitely not at a point where we can afford a new one" she says as she's just had 2 holidays abroad in 2 months and owns 2 houses. Fuck off trying to relate, you're just a rich girl with terrible budget skills.

• Heart
  • Wow

Cascara

I like to have honest conversations about difficult topics………, unless you say something in my comments and then I just block you 🤷🏼‍♀️ She wouldn’t know a difficult conversation if it smacked her in the face!
That’s really unfair to Clemmie, and completely underestimating her. Don’t you remember how difficult the poor love found it having her idyllic school run spoiled by seeing a rough sleeper drinking cider in the park? And how she told everyone on Instagram how it had RUINED her ‘grammable day? What do you call that, if not a ‘difficult conversation’?

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
White middle class privilege has never been so apparent than in this berk getting a book deal and a successful podcast. I despair.

hattie20

VIP Member
Just catching up with her.

Oh christ, “work hard” is my big bear. Only really used by the privileged. I’d love to know how I could work any harder on my 12 hour care home night shifts? Because working my fingers to the bone even more than I do isn’t going to get me anywhere or stop people speaking to me like I’m thick!

The house move is laughable. Again, reeks of privilege. She doesn’t know she’s born.

• Heart

Maria1

Chatty Member
If Clemmie's hairdresser reads here, why not offer free haircuts to a womans shelter or a charity rather than a woman who can well afford to pay?

barryjones

VIP Member
It’s what I label as middle class feral about some of the parents at my daughters school
😂😂 totally stealing this one.

I know exactly what you mean. Only care about people thinking they have money but live in filth with rude kids that never get told no.

I honestly think the white middle class mum influencer niche is done. Especially now with fuel and electric prices soaring - people don’t want clueless clemmie’s telling them how many holidays they’ve booked.

• Heart

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Some subjects, like CSA, you just have to admit are beyond your remit as an insta-flogger. There is no segue from over-sharing your own kids online to CSA back to cross fit and free haircuts that won’t come across as massively insensitive and possibly retraumatising for any victims.

Unfortunately she lacks the self-awareness needed to understand her limitations in this area.

It’s like when she did that paid partnership with NatWest to talk about financial abuse - “you guys, I just found out financial abuse is a thing!” Oh do fuck off.

I work with survivors and victims of abuse and this sort of sloppy unprofessional subject treatment really makes me angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 15