Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got suresmile aligners in, I’m on week 3. I have to change them every 10 days. I got it through my dentist and I’m paying it up over 2 years.

It was definitely painful the first 2 weeks and I had a panic getting the top ones out the first time I tried. It felt like I was ripping my teeth out 😬 but a few weeks later and I’m much more used to it and the pain isn’t so bad. I can already feel them moving. I have a top tooth that looks like I’ve been punched. I can’t wait til it’s in line with the other tooth! Bothered me for years.

I really didn't get like the pain and weird feelings of pressure in my gums but it’s amazing how quickly you get used to something!

I had a 12 week course of Invisalign then did the 12 weeks of wearing the retainer all the time but once off I wasn’t happy two teeth hadn’t moved enough I was still conscious plus I had some movement 47 year old teeth really don’t want to move into a different position if they can help it

So I went back and they agreed and I did another 10 weeks! This ended this week and he’d mentioned putting a fixed retainer wire on top teeth my daughter has one so I thought it was a good idea after how much movement I had experienced but I’m really struggling with the wire it just feels in the way and is chafing my tongue as I fiddle with it and when talking a lot Ill give it a good few weeks more and see where I’m at

I considered Invisalign, but my Orthodontist said in my case it would take much longer, be more expensive and not give a best result. The alternative they gave me was a fixed, ceramic brace which is much clearer compared to a traditional train-track brace. With the ceramic he said it would take slightly less time (circa 18 months), be cheaper (I think a £700 difference) and give a much better and tailored result.

I opted for a ceramic fixed brace instead and not going to lie, my mouth is SO sore. I have these extended brackets which feel like razers in my mouth and have led to a cut in my mouth. I'm not sure if they can file them down as it's not the actual wire. I'm only on the first week, but so far haven't been able to bite into food so my dinner has been consisting of soup, cottage cheese (which I have to fish out from my brace) and water.

I know if I was wearing Invisalign - I would have already removed them due to the pain. At least in this way, while it is uncomfortable and YES I have cried a lot today - they are on my teeth and I can't be tempted to take them out.

However saying all this, I do wish I had chosen to get braces at the start of the year as I'd already be half-way through my brace journey - but oh well!
I have the ceramic ones too as apparently invisilign wasn't the right option for me. In the first week I wondered what the hell I had done, I could barely close my lips over my teeth but after the first week it felt much better, after that I felt normal again. I'm hoping I'm nearly done now, they said 14 months originally and that was last November.

Help. I’m a few days into my 1st Invisalign aligner and my lower jaw one keeps popping off my back tooth. Is that normal? I hope I’ve not damaged it removing it.

Help. I’m a few days into my 1st Invisalign aligner and my lower jaw one keeps popping off my back tooth. Is that normal? I hope I’ve not damaged it removing it.
That sounds like it’s a bad fit. I’d go back to your dentist. Mine are tight over my teeth and actually hard to get off (and painful!).

Reactions: 1
That sounds like it’s a bad fit. I’d go back to your dentist. Mine are tight over my teeth and actually hard to get off (and painful!).
Yes, mine are tight and it hurts when I remove. It’s only after I’ve had a coffee this Morning and put it back in that I’ve noticed it feels bouncy 😕

Yes, mine are tight and it hurts when I remove. It’s only after I’ve had a coffee this Morning and put it back in that I’ve noticed it feels bouncy 😕
I found that sometimes when my teeth were moving a lot. It obviously creates space/gaps and so the aligner moves. I would speak to your orthodontist though as if it’s only your first one sounds like it might be uncomfortable for another week or two.

when removing it remember to loosen it all around your tooth-line rather than just unhooking the front and pulling (this caused mine to crack a few times)

I found that sometimes when my teeth were moving a lot. It obviously creates space/gaps and so the aligner moves. I would speak to your orthodontist though as if it’s only your first one sounds like it might be uncomfortable for another week or two.

when removing it remember to loosen it all around your tooth-line rather than just unhooking the front and pulling (this caused mine to crack a few times)
I second that !’

Oh yes they def will! They move so quickly. It’s amazing
The dentist is going to be like, what have you done to it??! When I only had it fitted this week 😩 it’s the last back tooth that is really small and short so the aligned doesn’t have much to go over, that I can feel it squishing with saliva when I put my tongue on it.

The dentist is going to be like, what have you done to it??! When I only had it fitted this week 😩 it’s the last back tooth that is really small and short so the aligned doesn’t have much to go over, that I can feel it squishing with saliva when I put my tongue on it.
I used to quite like that feeling and sometimes you got a really attractive squeaking noise too 🤣

• Haha
Has anyone done this with crowned tooth? Just wondering if it’s possible? (I know I should speak to my dentist and/or a dentist that works with Invisalign 🙃)

Reactions: 2
I forgot to add… I’m sooo hungry. I’m usually snack all day at work.
It’s a pain having to take them out to eat. I usually have a fair few teas and coffees throughout the day but dentist told me not to take them in and out. Apart from the pain I’d say that’s the most annoying thing. But I can see and feel a big improvement already so it’s definitely working 😃

It’s a pain having to take them out to eat. I usually have a fair few teas and coffees throughout the day but dentist told me not to take them in and out. Apart from the pain I’d say that’s the most annoying thing. But I can see and feel a big improvement already so it’s definitely working 😃
Wait. He told you not to take them out when drinking tea and coffee?! I thought it melted the aligners 😂

Wait. He told you not to take them out when drinking tea and coffee?! I thought it melted the aligners 😂
Sorry the way I wrote that was confusing 😂 yes it does, my dentist told me to take them out when eating and having hot drinks. I just meant it’s a pain because I like to drink tea and coffee a lot during the day! I’m drinking less than I used to, which is probably better for my health 😅

Sorry the way I wrote that was confusing 😂 yes it does, my dentist told me to take them out when eating and having hot drinks. I just meant it’s a pain because I like to drink tea and coffee a lot during the day! I’m drinking less than I used to, which is probably better for my health 😅
Towards the end I was definitely drinking tea and coffee with them in especially if I was having a new set on a weekly basis. And you can drink cold drinks and some hot ones with a straw. Definitley not dentist recommended though 🤫