Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once you have finished your invisalign trays, do you have your teeth fixed in place from behind with wire?
My top teeth are straight but could do with neatening up. I have noticed one of my front teeth is pushing more into my other front tooth and is making it look quite a bit shorter 😱😱
I have mentioned to my dentist previously that I don’t really like my teeth because they’re not “perfect”. He told me these celebrities have fake teeth and we’ve become accustomed to seeing this. He said my teeth are natural and nothing wrong with them. I never at any point said I wanted teeth like a love islander 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Once you have finished your invisalign trays, do you have your teeth fixed in place from behind with wire?
My top teeth are straight but could do with neatening up. I have noticed one of my front teeth is pushing more into my other front tooth and is making it look quite a bit shorter 😱😱
I have mentioned to my dentist previously that I don’t really like my teeth because they’re not “perfect”. He told me these celebrities have fake teeth and we’ve become accustomed to seeing this. He said my teeth are natural and nothing wrong with them. I never at any point said I wanted teeth like a love islander 😂😂
Yep I have wires behind the four front teeth at top and bottom. You don’t feel them after a few weeks. Invisalign is great and soo worth it! I’ll admit i wasn’t the best at wearing them as much as I should have and still had great results. Something like 32 trays over 14 months. My teeth were pretty wonky with the front incisors crossing over the two front teeth which they said would only carry on as I got older.

Reactions: 1
Yep I have wires behind the four front teeth at top and bottom. You don’t feel them after a few weeks. Invisalign is great and soo worth it! I’ll admit i wasn’t the best at wearing them as much as I should have and still had great results. Something like 32 trays over 14 months. My teeth were pretty wonky with the front incisors crossing over the two front teeth which they said would only carry on as I got older.
You sound like you had the same issues as I have. I’m on week 7 of hopefully 12 and I pick up weeks 8-12 from the orthodontist next Monday. I’ll ask if I’ll need a permanent wire it wasn’t mentioned at the first appointment

Thank you!
My bottom teeth are starting to turn as well! Well, one of them is 🥴 I don’t know why because I look after my teeth. I’m 35 and I noticed it a couple of years ago, so can imagine it will keep twisting.

I had braces as a child and made the mistake of not wearing the retainer. I had a large gap and within a few years this had come back as well as all my bottom front teeth all overlapping each other probably due to my wisdom teeth coming through. I was so self conscious that I decided to get fixed metal braces upper and lower AGAIN. It cos me only £1000 for both as they gave me a discount for being a previous customer. It was honestly the most painful year of my life due to the ulcers and sores the metal caused but it was so WORTH it. I wouldn’t bother getting clear ones you can still see them and my friend had them - If you eat anything remotely coloured it stains them anyway

Oh one thing to add that I hadn’t realised is that after Invisalign you have a night retainer to wear pretty much indefinitely to keep them straight. Not a huge deal though!

Reactions: 3
I have invisa meant to wear all the time (except for meal times). I found it hard as I developed a lisp lol, so I wear them just at night. It’s taking longer but I’m not in a huge hurry

So I went for my consultation today. I’m being sent further information tomorrow but been told that I could have Invisalign or Clearcorrect. Hadn’t heard of Clearcorrect before; the dentist explained it’s pretty much the same as Invisalign but slightly cheaper and it’s covers a tiny part of your gum along with your teetb, whereas Invisalign only covers your teeth.
The price for both was slightly more than I’d hoped for so I’m undecided what to do now. Apparently I have a slight crossbite on one side (hadn’t realised until she pointed it out!) and she said it’s unlikely they can fix that but it shouldn’t take too long to straighten my front few teeth...
Off to trawl the internet! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I had invasalign for a year have just got my bonding done and now onto my permanent retainer.
My treatment was only suppost to be 5 months but covid had other plans.

I had braces in my teens teeth moved because l didnt wear my retainer!

I would recommend invisalign for the subtle look. I did remove mine for nights out etc.
I just couldn't face train tracks even though in the long run quicker and cheaper.
Vanity really!!

I’m really tempted to get Invisalign. As a teenager my dentist told me I didn’t have to have braces as my teeth wasn’t that “bad”. I hated the dentist as a child (we’re talking HUGE phobia, crying, kicking the dentist) and didn’t bother with braces and I’ve always regretted it! I managed to overcome my fear and going the dentist doesn’t bother me too much now.

I don’t like my teeth, my top 2 and bottom 2 overlap and it’s quite noticeable. Don’t get me wrong, they’re not dreadful but I’ve been thinking about getting invisalign for years now. I’m nearly 27 and think well what’s the point? Am I too old now, is there any point?😂
I’ve also still got a baby tooth and I’m constantly paranoid it’s going to fall out, there’s nothing behind it to push it out😂

Reactions: 2
I’m really tempted to get Invisalign. As a teenager my dentist told me I didn’t have to have braces as my teeth wasn’t that “bad”. I hated the dentist as a child (we’re talking HUGE phobia, crying, kicking the dentist) and didn’t bother with braces and I’ve always regretted it! I managed to overcome my fear and going the dentist doesn’t bother me too much now.

I don’t like my teeth, my top 2 and bottom 2 overlap and it’s quite noticeable. Don’t get me wrong, they’re not dreadful but I’ve been thinking about getting invisalign for years now. I’m nearly 27 and think well what’s the point? Am I too old now, is there any point?😂
I’ve also still got a baby tooth and I’m constantly paranoid it’s going to fall out, there’s nothing behind it to push it out😂
You've got another 70 years hopefully. Feckin go for it!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I did Invisalign March to August last year.
all straight now.
I also paid for the Invisalign retainer.

I’m in my 50’s and have Invisalign. I have a very noticeable gap on the bottom and an overlap on the top. The bottom gap is closing really well and I think I see a difference on the top, not sure yet. I don’t wear 24/7, just at night. Tbh I was dribbling and had a lisp no matter how long and hard I tried 🤣. It will take longer but ah well. Go for it, you have years to see the benefit. I really wish I’d done it sooner.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m in my 50’s and have Invisalign. I have a very noticeable gap on the bottom and an overlap on the top. The bottom gap is closing really well and I think I see a difference on the top, not sure yet. I don’t wear 24/7, just at night. Tbh I was dribbling and had a lisp no matter how long and hard I tried 🤣. It will take longer but ah well. Go for it, you have years to see the benefit. I really wish I’d done it sooner.
You‘ve made me feel better about it that you’re not wearing it all the time. I started on Monday so still in the pain stage and it feels so daunting I have to have them in so much!

You‘ve made me feel better about it that you’re not wearing it all the time. I started on Monday so still in the pain stage and it feels so daunting I have to have them in so much!
Since my post the gap in my bottom teeth has closed completely. It’s incredible. And it’s only been a couple of months just at night. Good luck

Honestly it’s such a great time to get it done I’m on week 12 of 12 my top teeth were the photo attached and now they’re perfect I’ll be at the orthodontist next Monday to get the retainer sorted

Attachments

I’m about to start Invisalign in the new few months as part of a 12-18 month plan with other work alongside.
I figured whilst I’m here sorting a bridge issue (going from a bridge to implant by the end) I might as well straighten and take my teeth up a few shades whilst I’m going through it all.

I don’t look at myself and think I have major teeth issues but enough that they’ll be noticeably better by the end of it all. Genuinely cannot wait, the one good thing about prolonged face mask wearing for sure!

Is there any other alternatives to Invisalign? Like a cheaper version of it but still does the same job?
I’m going to book a consultation for it once I’ve seen my own dentist.

I’m assuming the longer you need it, the more expensive it is? And If you have it on the top and bottom teeth?