Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there any other alternatives to Invisalign? Like a cheaper version of it but still does the same job?
I’m going to book a consultation for it once I’ve seen my own dentist.

I’m assuming the longer you need it, the more expensive it is? And If you have it on the top and bottom teeth?
Late reply - sorry!
My dentist said Clearcorrect is a slightly cheaper version of Invisalign but does pretty much the same job and follows similar processes. I’ve not researched it though!
Interested too in the cost query… I was quoted around 3k for Invisalign (with teeth whitening and the retainer included) and I assumed that was start to end, regardless of how many trays you need but now i’m questioning myself!
I’m hoping to go ahead with it before the end of the year.

I used smile direct club last year and it worked perfectly, cost me £1500 so much cheaper than Invisalign which is what I was originally going to go for. I was recommended sdc by a work colleague who sold me after she showed me her before and after pics, I went for a free consultation appointment and got my teeth scanned and I got the aligners posted out 3 weeks later and teeth were straight after a 16 week course.

I haven’t had this but I’m seriously considering Invisalign. I want me wisdom teeth removed first though before I consider anything. My dentist are being arseholes though and won’t remove them as they aren’t impacted. Driving me mad because I feel like I have too many teeth in my now

Reactions: 1
I would like to get clear braces - hate the silver obvious braces though. It's just for a little gap in teeth, not too bad, I've seen worse but just would like it closed. I'll have to save up, quite expensive.

Oh you can pay monthly????

Never had in is alone had the generic train track silver braces yes they aren’t that good looking but 25 years later my teeth are straight and I only had them on for six months they were a right mess to begin with I had four teeth removed I could fit a pound coin through the gap in the middle and fangs to bring down 100% recommend.

I would like to get clear braces - hate the silver obvious braces though. It's just for a little gap in teeth, not too bad, I've seen worse but just would like it closed. I'll have to save up, quite expensive.

Oh you can pay monthly????
I paid monthly with smile direct club, paid off in 1 year

I haven’t had this but I’m seriously considering Invisalign. I want me wisdom teeth removed first though before I consider anything. My dentist are being arseholes though and won’t remove them as they aren’t impacted. Driving me mad because I feel like I have too many teeth in my now
I’ve just finished Invisalign, best thing I ever did, and improved my confidence so much. I didn’t remove my wisdom teeth either xx

Just started with Invisalign. I didn’t expect this much pain and discomfort from them to be honest. It has eased slightly but couldn’t sleep for the pain last night and ive felt so unwell all day the plastic in my mouth is making me feel quite off colour! Hope it gets easier 😭

Just started with Invisalign. I didn’t expect this much pain and discomfort from them to be honest. It has eased slightly but couldn’t sleep for the pain last night and ive felt so unwell all day the plastic in my mouth is making me feel quite off colour! Hope it gets easier 😭
It does get better! Only advice I have is change trays at night and take some meds before to get a better sleep! Xxx

After a while the pain becomes satisfying as you can feel them moving 😍 agreed with changing your trays before bed and lots of ibuprofen if you want it

Reactions: 3
It does get better! Only advice I have is change trays at night and take some meds before to get a better sleep! Xxx
Thank you! I will do - I’m on weekly changes so next Wednesday I’ll change but will definitely be doing it before bed hopefully I sleep through the worst lol😂

I had them on my top teeth. Make sure you go to a reputable cosmetic dentist, and wear your retainer after!

I also had composite bonding afterwards which made a huge difference

I had them on my top teeth. Make sure you go to a reputable cosmetic dentist, and wear your retainer after!

I also had composite bonding afterwards which made a huge difference
It’s been suggested I may need composite bonding once I finish my treatment (not even started it yet!). As if Invisalign isn’t expensive enough, then I have to pay more for bonding… 😩😂

I had Invisalign, best money I’ve ever spent! I had braces as a teen but didn’t wear my retainers (so annoying, when I have kids I will be SO strict with them about this!!)

I had whitening done afterwards and had a fixed retainer.

I was very strict with the trays, I know some people who rarely wear them/ lose them snd it’s taken ages. Be strict and you will see results!

yes, it’s sore. I had pain whenever I removed them as they were tight! I kind of liked it though as I felt like they were moving when they hurt 🙈

Reactions: 2
It gets better the first week or 2 is the worst I couldn’t bite anything and was so irritated, get some solpadiene 😂

It gets better the first week or 2 is the worst I couldn’t bite anything and was so irritated, get some solpadiene 😂
Ahhh I really hope it does! Not been too bad today but I absolutely dread taking them out and putting them back in!! I’m getting stocked up on pain relief tho definitely just in case !

It’s been suggested I may need composite bonding once I finish my treatment (not even started it yet!). As if Invisalign isn’t expensive enough, then I have to pay more for bonding… 😩😂
It is expensive as hell but it does make a big difference!! I only got it on my top 6 teeth to keep costs down, but had whitening too

I considered Invisalign, but my Orthodontist said in my case it would take much longer, be more expensive and not give a best result. The alternative they gave me was a fixed, ceramic brace which is much clearer compared to a traditional train-track brace. With the ceramic he said it would take slightly less time (circa 18 months), be cheaper (I think a £700 difference) and give a much better and tailored result.

I opted for a ceramic fixed brace instead and not going to lie, my mouth is SO sore. I have these extended brackets which feel like razers in my mouth and have led to a cut in my mouth. I'm not sure if they can file them down as it's not the actual wire. I'm only on the first week, but so far haven't been able to bite into food so my dinner has been consisting of soup, cottage cheese (which I have to fish out from my brace) and water.

I know if I was wearing Invisalign - I would have already removed them due to the pain. At least in this way, while it is uncomfortable and YES I have cried a lot today - they are on my teeth and I can't be tempted to take them out.

However saying all this, I do wish I had chosen to get braces at the start of the year as I'd already be half-way through my brace journey - but oh well!

• Sad
Have you got any wax to put on the brackets? That could help the rubbing. You could also try bonjela.

it will get better, but I know the pain you’re in!

I considered Invisalign, but my Orthodontist said in my case it would take much longer, be more expensive and not give a best result. The alternative they gave me was a fixed, ceramic brace which is much clearer compared to a traditional train-track brace. With the ceramic he said it would take slightly less time (circa 18 months), be cheaper (I think a £700 difference) and give a much better and tailored result.

I opted for a ceramic fixed brace instead and not going to lie, my mouth is SO sore. I have these extended brackets which feel like razers in my mouth and have led to a cut in my mouth. I'm not sure if they can file them down as it's not the actual wire. I'm only on the first week, but so far haven't been able to bite into food so my dinner has been consisting of soup, cottage cheese (which I have to fish out from my brace) and water.

I know if I was wearing Invisalign - I would have already removed them due to the pain. At least in this way, while it is uncomfortable and YES I have cried a lot today - they are on my teeth and I can't be tempted to take them out.

However saying all this, I do wish I had chosen to get braces at the start of the year as I'd already be half-way through my brace journey - but oh well!
It’ll be worth it. And it will certainly get more bearable for you. I’m sure you already are but are you keeping dosed up on pain relief? As Lola said try some dental wax which you can put on any sharp bits and then when you get to the dentist next ask them about it. You can do this!! X