Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Never in the World one of my attachments came off in my second week! They’re going to monitor it to see if it needs replacing.
For example, if you’re not happy at the end of your 12 weeks, do you have to pay extra for more aligners? Or do you keep going until you’re happy and it’s included in what you paid for already?

I sent an email including photos showing what I wasn’t happy about they called me back and no there was no charge for the next ten I didn’t question it I guess it was obvious that I was right

I got a retainer Inc at the end of the first round and at the end of the second round but as needed a third once the fixed retainer was removed they charged me £50 for that so that was the only additional cost

Reactions: 1
Started mine this week - have found today a bit annoying but think that may be because I was with 👶🏼 so felt really rushed getting them out / eating / back in?

I’m not really in pain it’s more just annoying having to constantly be conscious of my teeth, does this fade? I’ve got them for 3ish months so thankfully not super long but I’m already bored of taking them in/out for food, miss my cups of tea ngl, definitely will lose weight from this too as I just can’t be bothered to eat outside of designated meals!

Started mine this week - have found today a bit annoying but think that may be because I was with 👶🏼 so felt really rushed getting them out / eating / back in?

I’m not really in pain it’s more just annoying having to constantly be conscious of my teeth, does this fade? I’ve got them for 3ish months so thankfully not super long but I’m already bored of taking them in/out for food, miss my cups of tea ngl, definitely will lose weight from this too as I just can’t be bothered to eat outside of designated meals!
It is a pain I’m ngl. Taking out to eat is a ball ache. I’m 3 months down and have 3 months to go and can’t wait to be done with them.

• Haha
I've got my Clincheck in a couple of weeks. I know I have short roots so need to find out if they are within recommended limits. I'm keeping everything crossed that they are but I do feel really reassured by the process. I don't want to end up in a worse situation.

Interestingly compared to a couple of years ago this denist is saying I won't need any teeth removed and it's also two grand cheaper. Whilst I'm not convinced about the tooth removal (my bottom teeth are really over crowded) I have more confidence in what I'm been told this time around and don't just feel like they want my money. I have my list of questions ready for the next appointment!

It is a pain I’m ngl. Taking out to eat is a ball ache. I’m 3 months down and have 3 months to go and can’t wait to be done with them.
This is exactly how I’m feeling lol, I’ve only got just over 2 months of them to deal with thankfully but blah. Although today’s day four for my first tray (been told to do two weeks of this one) and it’s gotten a LOT better. I’m hoping it’s only going to be 3/4 bad days per tray? 😳

If I was to do it again, I'd probably buy the overnight aligners. Taking them out to eat (especially outside of home!!), cleaning them, the pain with a new tray etc etc... Such a faff. I've still got another 4 trays to go (from 19) but the results are definitely there.

If I was to do it again, I'd probably buy the overnight aligners. Taking them out to eat (especially outside of home!!), cleaning them, the pain with a new tray etc etc... Such a faff. I've still got another 4 trays to go (from 19) but the results are definitely there.
I’ve never even heard of the overnight aligners! Is this also by Invisalign? I’m guessing they’ll be tighter because you’re spending less hours in them?

I looked at my trays for the next coming weeks and you can already tell the difference, I’m only doing it to move one tooth because wisdom teeth gave me minor crowding and by the end of tray four the tooth is halfway there thank god!

I don’t know if anyone here has had the
fixed metal braces before, but they are also limiting in regards to how you chew and the type of food you can eat. Food also can get stuck in them so you have to brush your teeth or poke around your mouth after eating. I remember them being very painful.

Clear braces are annoying to have to take in and out and clean etc, but I’m more confident with the clear braces, and for me they just ache a bit, it isn’t painful I have mine for about 9 months.

everyone has different experiences and dental treatments so I’m just adding my own comparison of the two types of brace.

Wonky teeth are such an expensive faff!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve never even heard of the overnight aligners! Is this also by Invisalign? I’m guessing they’ll be tighter because you’re spending less hours in them?
I went cheap 😂 and used a company called Straight My Teeth, not sure if Invisalign have a Night Only option.

And I'll second @Dianne's comment that fixed metal braces are more painful and more inconvenient IMO.

I don’t know if anyone here has had the
fixed metal braces before, but they are also limiting in regards to how you chew and the type of food you can eat. Food also can get stuck in them so you have to brush your teeth or poke around your mouth after eating. I remember them being very painful.

Clear braces are annoying to have to take in and out and clean etc, but I’m more confident with the clear braces, and for me they just ache a bit, it isn’t painful I have mine for about 9 months.

everyone has different experiences and dental treatments so I’m just adding my own comparison of the two types of brace.

Wonky teeth are such an expensive faff!!!
I had fixed metal braces for 3 years as a teen, which is why I only need 2 months as an adult because it’s only very minor overcrowding as a result of a wisdom tooth! But agree found braces a nightmare, especially as the metal wire would come round and poke my gum, also the eternal fear of breaking a bracket off, stuff getting stuck in the brackets, my school jumper getting stuck in the spikey bits for elastics when I took it on/off, the list of tit is endless!

At least I now get to rly look forward to meal times for some time out the braces 😂

Reactions: 3
Thinking of all of you dealing with adult orthodontics right now! I had a fixed upper metal brace a few years ago to fix an overjet and it's the best money I ever spent. I'd recommend the basic metal every time, personally. Much cheaper and they can deal with more complex issues than the trays can. I was on another forum and people experienced the 'puzzled stare' with the clear or white ones quite often. People can see there's something on your teeth, but it takes them an awkward amount of time to figure out what. You get the fun of faffing about with the retainers after they come off for that invisalign experience.

I highly recommend a waterpik to clean between the brackets since you can't floss, and it's useful if you choose to have a fixed retainer, too.

Has anyone done this with crowned tooth? Just wondering if it’s possible? (I know I should speak to my dentist and/or a dentist that works with Invisalign 🙃)
Just found this thread, but I have crowns on my front two teeth and I’ve been able to go ahead with Invisalign 😊 I’ve been told that mine is a bit more expensive than the average even though I don’t have much crowding but because of the complexity due to the crowns - i have the fear they will fall out every time I take the retainers out but I’ve come to realise they are a lot stronger than I give them credit for! I also don’t have the little bumps fixed to the crowns, but do on the teeth around them

Reactions: 2
Just secured a place to proceed with Invisalign, beginning next Friday (scans etc) as my local centre has a £1000 off currently.
My only worry now is that I naively thought it would only take a couple of months, however i’m going on a 2 week all inclusive holiday next May and I want to spend my days drinking all the cocktails 🤣 has anyone had a similar issue?

Just secured a place to proceed with Invisalign, beginning next Friday (scans etc) as my local centre has a £1000 off currently.
My only worry now is that I naively thought it would only take a couple of months, however i’m going on a 2 week all inclusive holiday next May and I want to spend my days drinking all the cocktails 🤣 has anyone had a similar issue?
Have you had your initial consultation? For me, scans and X-rays were appointment 1, but I didn’t get my aligners to start treat my until appointment 3! Time frame will very much depend on how many trays you need from there 😁

Yeah I had quite a few appointments before actually getting the trays. I’ve to get 6 months worth. I’m almost 4 months in and can see a big difference so I may not need them the full 6 months. It all depends on the individual. You can still drink cold drinks with them in. It’s just hot drinks and food you need to take them out for, which is a major pain.

• Heart
Agree with the above I ended up in the system for 13 months did 2 rounds and I’ve still got two teeth I’m not happy with but I’m sick as a chip with it all my teeth are much better so that’ll have todo

I’m not sure if this advice would apply for people who need a longer term of treatment as mine is only 2 months, but my dentist said you just have to make up the lost hours before moving onto the next tray. So I’m on a tray per week for 22 hours a day, if I took it out to go out for a 12 hour day I would delay moving up to my next tray a day.

Although saying that I did put my second tray on the Monday night when I’m due a switch Tuesdays? I’d rather sleep through the initial discomfort. I’ve not really found it painful at all past the initial annoying feeling of having something in my mouth.