Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I changed to my 3rd aligner yesterday! Time is flying by
I changed to my second one last night and I feel like it's a real milestone, daft as that may sound. It felt like a really long two weeks!

I'm still having considerable difficulty removing the bottom one to eat which is frustrating but I'm hoping it will get easier the straighter my teeth become.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I changed to my second one last night and I feel like it's a real milestone, daft as that may sound. It felt like a really long two weeks!

I'm still having considerable difficulty removing the bottom one to eat which is frustrating but I'm hoping it will get easier the straighter my teeth become.
It’s weird how quick it’s going in lol not complaining tho hahaha
I really hope so! I found it very hard to remove them at first but have kinda got into a knack of it now lol seems to be easier to remove from my right side and then kinda pop it lol

Reactions: 1
I had my first clincheck appointment. 23 initial trays and the orthodontist suggested braces for my molars in parallel to the Invisalign in front to move my molars better than what Invisalign could do on its own. I have my next appointment in 2.5 weeks and lots to think about till then.

I’ve been told I don’t need a fixed retainer (the wire) and just a normal retainer that I wear to sleep in will be fine for me. Anyone else in the same situation?

I’ve been told I don’t need a fixed retainer (the wire) and just a normal retainer that I wear to sleep in will be fine for me. Anyone else in the same situation?
I’m getting a normal one just to use at night because I have a problem with bruxism (which is part of the reason I ended up with jaw problems and misaligned teeth in the first place)

Yea I’m the same once I have finished short term Invisalign.

How many trays do you both have for your invisalign? mine is short term too (I think) And i will have a fixed retainer. I would definitely push for one

How many trays do you both have for your invisalign? mine is short term too (I think) And i will have a fixed retainer. I would definitely push for one
I’ve had 14 weeks and then 10 weeks. I’ve finished now and just waiting for my bonding to be done and then I get my retainer.
I think I will try and push for a fixed one.

I’ve had 14 weeks and then 10 weeks. I’ve finished now and just waiting for my bonding to be done and then I get my retainer.
I think I will try and push for a fixed one.
I have 14 trays in total so 30 weeks give or take. one of the first thing i queried about was a fixed retainer, i definitely would try to get one! It's really bizarre they said you won't need it

I went for a consultation and the dentist recommended invisalign express, he said my case is not complex at all (just moving 6 front teeth and closing a gap), he quoted me £2480 and the treatment time is 16 weeks. Has anyone else had invisliagn express? How did it go?
Sorry really late to this, I don’t know if it’s “express” as that’s not a word my dentist ever used but I had 12 weeks / 12 aligners to move 3 teeth and I’m really happy with the results. The first few weeks getting to grips with the trays were not my fav but all in very happy, progress happened really quickly.

I have 14 trays in total so 30 weeks give or take. one of the first thing i queried about was a fixed retainer, i definitely would try to get one! It's really bizarre they said you won't need it
I mean, if it’s included In what I have paid, I should get a fixed one 😂 I did ask if I’d get both at the beginning of my treatment and I was told it would be visible through the black triangles I now have in between my teeth. But some of them have closed up and I’m getting bonding to fill in the spaces…. So I don’t see why I can’t have a fixed one.

Reactions: 2
I mean, if it’s included In what I have paid, I should get a fixed one 😂 I did ask if I’d get both at the beginning of my treatment and I was told it would be visible through the black triangles I now have in between my teeth. But some of them have closed up and I’m getting bonding to fill in the spaces…. So I don’t see why I can’t have a fixed one.
I've been told I'll have black triangles but have been advised to have a fixed retainer on top and bottom. They aren't part of the treatment plan though and will cost £150 per arch. I'm planning on having them as £300 more seems a sensible amount to pay to protect as best I can from tooth shift.

Reactions: 3
2 more full days and I’m onto my 4th aligner! I can’t believe how quickly the time is going

• Heart
Reactions: 3
2 more full days and I’m onto my 4th aligner! I can’t believe how quickly the time is going
I'm meant to change to my 3rd on Fri but my dentist only gave me two, so I have to wait until my appointment on Monday to get it. The extra days feel like ages! 😆

Totally jinxed myself! This 4th aligner is so much worse than the ones before… nippy and more pressure 😫