Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm definitely feeling the inconvenience although it is still very, very early days. The good thing is that my dentist has told me I'm fine to drink warm drinks without removing them as long as they are not very hot. Currently enjoying a nice warmish cup of tea! My dentist is in the middle of her own Invisalign treatment so has advised on the basis of things she's found that are OK. I was so relived about that bit!
Does the tea not stain your aligners? I’m not much of a tea or coffee drinker but I’m very into squash, howevrr I’ve never tried drinking it with the aligners in for fear of staining them purple

Reactions: 3
I’ve had mine for about 4 months now, they are still really annoying but I am used to it. For transparency this is my treatment plan and cost. I am complex case too 🙄😂🙄😂

Before I had the aligners fitted i needed to have a root canal re-done and a bottom tooth at the front removed. So that was about 1k before I even started the aligners.
I have 26 trays (more than likely will need more) and change them every week.
When my teeth are straight / in the position he wants them to be in, I need a veneer on my front tooth replacing (same one as root canal) and my other front tooth will need filing down as for some reason it’s extra long. Because I have some teeth missing (you can’t tell because they would be over crowded with them) I am also having composite bonding to even them out.
On top of that, I might just get my old fillings replaced with white ones because they will really annoy me otherwise.

Total cost will be circa 7k ….

Reactions: 2
Does the tea not stain your aligners? I’m not much of a tea or coffee drinker but I’m very into squash, howevrr I’ve never tried drinking it with the aligners in for fear of staining them purple
I drank some coffee with mine, I was told it’s not the end of the world as the aligners will stain naturally, but the real issue is the coffee/tea/drink getting stuck in between the aligner and the tooth and causing more damage and decay because it’s stuck there. It would also therefore cause more discolouration to the tooth.

I used to have a mid morning coffee and then an early lunch so I’d take the aligner out for lunch and then brush my teeth. So I’d only have it out for a minimal time. Saying that I was quite lax with wearing my aligners on dates, weekends, nights out etc and I still got good results…

Reactions: 4
Personally I wouldn’t be put off by time of treatment. How long have your teeth bothered you? That time is going to pass anyway, in a year from now you could have almost nice teeth or you child still be thinking ‘should I get my teeth done’. I heard the other day that having good teeth makes you 20% more attractive which was interesting. I do think it’s worth having, my fiancé’s was a year long which was a pain for him but his teeth genuinely look incredible now

I used to drink squash and iced coffee, it does start to stain them but if you stick them in those cleaning tablets daily it’s not that bad. I tried to only drink water the first week of a tray and then had other drinks the second week so it wasn’t too long before I had to change it

Glad to hear people aren’t sticking to totally plain water haha I’m only on my second aligner and with the first one I always felt like I was starving because I didn’t want to take the aligner out to eat lol I’m on my second one now and it’s not as sore as the first one at all which is a relief lol I think I’m going to chance drinking sugar free squash with a straw lol it’s so bad also but I didn’t wear my aligner on a night out because I was scared I’d loose it after a few drinks 🙈😂

• Haha
I'm on my second set of trays - i didnt drink anything with them in originally other than water. But i drink a lot of coffee and realised i was leaving them out for too long .. i brush my teeth twice a day and soak my trays in anti bac twice a day too.

how does everybody clean their trays?

Reactions: 1
I'm on my second set of trays - i didnt drink anything with them in originally other than water. But i drink a lot of coffee and realised i was leaving them out for too long .. i brush my teeth twice a day and soak my trays in anti bac twice a day too.

how does everybody clean their trays?
I asked my dentist and he said to soak them in diluted mouth wash when I’m eating every few days! He said to me that they shouldn’t get mega dirty when your brushing your teeth before putting them back on! Also said they shouldnt get major grubby cos I’m changing them every 2 weeks to a fresh new set

I asked my dentist and he said to soak them in diluted mouth wash when I’m eating every few days! He said to me that they shouldn’t get mega dirty when your brushing your teeth before putting them back on! Also said they shouldnt get major grubby cos I’m changing them every 2 weeks to a fresh new set
I cant always brush my teeth before putting them back in after eating which is why i soak them twice a day. But yeah, in terms of staining etc I was never concerned as you are changing them every couple of weeks .. mine haven't stained at all and I've had this set on for a week so far

I cant always brush my teeth before putting them back in after eating which is why i soak them twice a day. But yeah, in terms of staining etc I was never concerned as you are changing them every couple of weeks .. mine haven't stained at all and I've had this set on for a week so far
Good point I work from home so never thought about that, handy for being able to brush lol

Yeah honestly, I never brushed my teeth when I was out and about. I just couldn’t be arsed with that, especially with a mad toddler running about. If anything I’d swish with mouthwash. I think I’d gag brushing my teeth in public toilets 🤢

Yeah honestly, I never brushed my teeth when I was out and about. I just couldn’t be arsed with that, especially with a mad toddler running about. If anything I’d swish with mouthwash. I think I’d gag brushing my teeth in public toilets 🤢
Me too. I was reading a subreddit and somebody said they brush their teeth out and have a travel toothbrush but I can't imagine anything worse. I'd rather put trays back in my mouth without brushing my teeth than brush them in public toilets

I haven't had them in long enough to notice any staining yet. All I know is that being told it's OK to drink tea is going to make this whole process much easier for me. I hope they don't stain 😬.

I’ve been wearing mine for 4 weeks now. It was my last one and I’ve had to wait a while to see my dentist. It looks gross when I take it out… I use denture tablets to clean them.

I’ve had mine for about 4 months now, they are still really annoying but I am used to it. For transparency this is my treatment plan and cost. I am complex case too 🙄😂🙄😂

Before I had the aligners fitted i needed to have a root canal re-done and a bottom tooth at the front removed. So that was about 1k before I even started the aligners.
I have 26 trays (more than likely will need more) and change them every week.
When my teeth are straight / in the position he wants them to be in, I need a veneer on my front tooth replacing (same one as root canal) and my other front tooth will need filing down as for some reason it’s extra long. Because I have some teeth missing (you can’t tell because they would be over crowded with them) I am also having composite bonding to even them out.
On top of that, I might just get my old fillings replaced with white ones because they will really annoy me otherwise.

Total cost will be circa 7k ….
Gosh that is a lot. How are you feeling about it all?
I have similar teeth issues to you. I've had a bottom front one removed for Invisalign treatment, my top front tooth is a veneer that may come loose and need replacing once treatment has finished and one of my canines is a bridge due to a childhood dental issue (which may also need replacing after treatment). I also have fewer teeth on top than on the bottom but like you, you can't tell because with them my teeth would be really overcrowded.

You're a few months ahead of me so I'd be interested in hearing how you're getting on as your treatment progresses 🙂.

I think I can see a small change in my teeth already and I’m only on aligner 2!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Gosh that is a lot. How are you feeling about it all?
I have similar teeth issues to you. I've had a bottom front one removed for Invisalign treatment, my top front tooth is a veneer that may come loose and need replacing once treatment has finished and one of my canines is a bridge due to a childhood dental issue (which may also need replacing after treatment). I also have fewer teeth on top than on the bottom but like you, you can't tell because with them my teeth would be really overcrowded.

You're a few months ahead of me so I'd be interested in hearing how you're getting on as your treatment progresses 🙂.
I’m feeling ok, I’ve noticed a difference this past couple of weeks so I’m happy. I think the bonding and replacing my veneer is really going to finish it off well . NGL the whole thing is very tedious!!! But at 44 years old I think I deserve it 😂

• Heart
I’m 1 week in and seriously struggling already with removing my aligners and having to clean my teeth before putting the aligners back in! I usually would have 4 coffees a day…. Does anyone have a coffee with your aligners in?

I’m 1 week in and seriously struggling already with removing my aligners and having to clean my teeth before putting the aligners back in! I usually would have 4 coffees a day…. Does anyone have a coffee with your aligners in?
I have tea! Just not hot enough to warp the tray. On tray 20 and had no issues.

Reactions: 3
I drink coffee with mine in. I usually have 2-3 coffees a day and realised I was leaving my trays out for far too long. Just make sure you clean them properly. I'm almost a month in and mine are fine!