Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had attachments a couple of days and oh my life I HATE THEM! My smile is ugly af and they hurt and are so hard to take out and put back in. I had filing on some of my teeth too so my mouth is killing!
I'm going back in a few months and apparently my teeth should be in their final position by then - I didn't realise it'd be so fast! Ortho said she'd like to do some more filing then to make them more symmetrical but to be honest I'm not fussed, especially if I'd have to keep the attachments on longer for refinements 😰

I've had attachments a couple of days and oh my life I HATE THEM! My smile is ugly af and they hurt and are so hard to take out and put back in. I had filing on some of my teeth too so my mouth is killing!
I'm going back in a few months and apparently my teeth should be in their final position by then - I didn't realise it'd be so fast! Ortho said she'd like to do some more filing then to make them more symmetrical but to be honest I'm not fussed, especially if I'd have to keep the attachments on longer for refinements 😰
I hated mine for the first week too but now I pass no remarks at all! Honestly it will fly in, just give it time to settle and time for you to get used to removing/putting them back on… you will be flying in no time! I’m on to my 5th aligner on Friday

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So I’ve finished my treatment. I’ve had my bonding done and I’m thrilled. I never knew my teeth would look this good!! I’m so happy. Shame it costs so much 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@TwooTwooTwitTwitTwoo how you getting on with your tooth removal? Have you started to see the gap close yet?
It's healed really well thank you and I am beginning to see a difference. The tops of the teeth seem to be moving closer more than the bottom at the gum line if that makes sense.

The major downside is that both those teeth are really wobbly. I've been told they are secure in the bone but I'm still quite freaked out by it. This particular aligner is a pain too. It's so hard to get off. Longest it's taken so far is 45 mins and a lot of drool (and swearing).

How are you getting on?

I hated mine for the first week too but now I pass no remarks at all! Honestly it will fly in, just give it time to settle and time for you to get used to removing/putting them back on… you will be flying in no time! I’m on to my 5th aligner on Friday
That makes me feel a bit better, thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Are the invisalign hard to adapt to? I am going for my consultation the end of the month and am on the fence between invisalign or clear tracks?

Are the invisalign hard to adapt to? I am going for my consultation the end of the month and am on the fence between invisalign or clear tracks?
I dont think so. It's a long process but they aren't hard to get used to

I cannot find my invisalign anywhere. I took them off to have dinner, then took more food up to my room so i put my invisalign on my bedside table. Cannot find the case ANYWHERE .. I only have two days left of these trays but I have my half way check in on Thursday with my orthodontist :oops:

I think they are great. I had my half way check last Friday and cant get over the difference already. I’m so happy with them now so can’t wait to see what they will be like by the end 😁

I cannot find my invisalign anywhere. I took them off to have dinner, then took more food up to my room so i put my invisalign on my bedside table. Cannot find the case ANYWHERE .. I only have two days left of these trays but I have my half way check in on Thursday with my orthodontist :oops:
Maybe give them a ring, they will probably tell you to wear your last aligner until you get in to see them

Last edited:
At first they feel tight and uncomfortable, and I had some blistering from the plastic catching. It takes a bit of getting used to talking without a slight lisp (for me anyway). I had fixed metal braces as a teenager and I preferred Invisalign. Fixed metal braces I’m sure will have improved since I was a teenager though.

Reactions: 2
I think they are great. I had my half way check last Friday and cant get over the difference already. I’m so happy with them now so can’t wait to see what they will be like by the end 😁

Maybe give them a ring, they will probably tell you to wear your last aligner until you get in to see them
I dont have my last aligner is the problem. I'll give them a call today 🙃

I'm only a few weeks in with a motion device on my top teeth and Invisalign on the bottom. In terms of the teeth, not even discomfort. The first day of a new aligner feels as if my teeth are being held firmly but it's not unpleasant. It's so subtle I forget about it. The metal motion device and elastics have rubbed the insides of my cheeks but that's calming down. I've got no pain tolerance so have been really surprised. I was expecting to have to take pain.

I went for Invisalign over ceramic fixed because you can eat whatever you like as long as you brush (or at least a good rinse) before putting the aligners back in. Clear ceramic can stain and it's just easier to clean your teeth when you don't have something fixed to them. I guess it's easier if you need a filling.

On my second to last tray, my teeth are looking straight af and tbh I would be happy to leave them as they are now, but one of the teeth at the bottom hasn’t rotated as it was expected to, so my dentist says it’s on to the refinements now 🥴. Kinda cba at this point, but may as well keep going

Reactions: 6
On my second to last tray, my teeth are looking straight af and tbh I would be happy to leave them as they are now, but one of the teeth at the bottom hasn’t rotated as it was expected to, so my dentist says it’s on to the refinements now 🥴. Kinda cba at this point, but may as well keep going
That's how I feel too! I've got 5 left so not quite at the stage you are, but when I went in to get attachments put on the dentist said she'll probably want to do refinements and cba! Just get them off me!

I was changing them every 2 weeks but then a month ago my dentist decided to speed it up bc she noticed one of my teeth wasn’t rotating correctly so now I change them every 10 days
Sorry I meant how many hours a day lol. Should've rephrased

Sorry I meant how many hours a day lol. Should've rephrased
Oh hahaha pff I started off very well, wore them for 22 hours a day minimum, but now I would say it’s more like 17 hours a day. Recently I’ve really slacked off on wearing them though coz it’s summer and I’ve been day drinking, but my dentist said it’s not a prob and they’re still straightening out as expected!