Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone’s treatment been over a year? This is what I have been quoted 😫 If so, how did you find it?

And/or has anyone had to have teeth removed also? If so, how did you find it? I.e. dealing with an obvious gap and what not
I already had a tooth missing and had Invisalign to straighten my teeth and make space for a dental implant. I don’t know if it will be the same for you, but my aligners were painted white (where the gap was) to match my teeth to make it look like I wasn’t missing a tooth.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone’s treatment been over a year? This is what I have been quoted 😫 If so, how did you find it?

And/or has anyone had to have teeth removed also? If so, how did you find it? I.e. dealing with an obvious gap and what not
Whilst not in the process yet, my first suggested plan was going to be over a year but my new one is a shorter time but with a tooth removal. I believe (but have not confirmed) that they 'paint' the inside of the Invisalign so the gap isn't visible when you are wearing it. I'm having the tooth removal and the Invisalign fitted on Thursday so I can tell you for definite what happens for me then, if that's any help, if there's nobody else in the situation that can share their experience.

• Heart

16 months here! 👋🏼 It flew by to be honest and I got so used to them. I just reminded myself the alternative was train tracks. I think it makes me stick to my regimen now as well, wearing the night retainer etc, as I’ve invested so much time and money already!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Whilst not in the process yet, my first suggested plan was going to be over a year but my new one is a shorter time but with a tooth removal. I believe (but have not confirmed) that they 'paint' the inside of the Invisalign so the gap isn't visible when you are wearing it. I'm having the tooth removal and the Invisalign fitted on Thursday so I can tell you for definite what happens for me then, if that's any help, if there's nobody else in the situation that can share their experience.
Hi quoting myself to reply to @theweekend. I had my Invisalign fitted this morning. The tooth extraction went very smoothly, no pain during it or anything. However my dentist does not paint the gap unfortunately so it's really obvious I am missing a tooth. I'm not overly keen but I'm hoping it won't take too long to close. It's a bottom tooth as well which is preferable to a missing top one.

It's weird not being able to close my teeth together properly and I'm not looking forward to taking them off to eat. I did have a practice doing it at the dentist and it went OK but I did feel a bit stressed when one part got stuck. There are so many attachments as well. I've got one on eleven of my bottom teeth and six of the top. Still, no turning back now 😬.

Hi quoting myself to reply to @theweekend. I had my Invisalign fitted this morning. The tooth extraction went very smoothly, no pain during it or anything. However my dentist does not paint the gap unfortunately so it's really obvious I am missing a tooth. I'm not overly keen but I'm hoping it won't take too long to close. It's a bottom tooth as well which is preferable to a missing top one.

It's weird not being able to close my teeth together properly and I'm not looking forward to taking them off to eat. I did have a practice doing it at the dentist and it went OK but I did feel a bit stressed when one part got stuck. There are so many attachments as well. I've got one on eleven of my bottom teeth and six of the top. Still, no turning back now 😬.
I have no comment on the missing tooth scenario, but I did want to say re the attachments, as I also have 16. You’ll be amazed at how adept you become at taking them in and out. My first few weeks I was sure I’d pull a tooth out with them 😭🤣 Try from different sides as my right is easier to remove from than my left!

• Heart
I have no comment on the missing tooth scenario, but I did want to say re the attachments, as I also have 16. You’ll be amazed at how adept you become at taking them in and out. My first few weeks I was sure I’d pull a tooth out with them 😭🤣 Try from different sides as my right is easier to remove from than my left!
Thank you. I've just taken them out for the first time at home. It took me twenty minutes and I got myself into a right tizz. I was absolutely certain I was going pull a tooth out. I've got a bridge and that's already wobbly just from today so I'm slightly concerned about that and the tooth it's attached to. I really hope it gets easier than this 😭. No idea how I'm going to manage at work tomorrow.

Thank you. I've just taken them out for the first time at home. It took me twenty minutes and I got myself into a right tizz. I was absolutely certain I was going pull a tooth out. I've got a bridge and that's already wobbly just from today so I'm slightly concerned about that and the tooth it's attached to. I really hope it gets easier than this 😭. No idea how I'm going to manage at work tomorrow.
The first few days are grim but I promise it gets easier! I felt the same the first few days I had it, I honestly was terrified to take them in and out because I was convinced I was going to rip out some of my teeth. It gets so much better though

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The first few days are grim but I promise it gets easier! I felt the same the first few days I had it, I honestly was terrified to take them in and out because I was convinced I was going to rip out some of my teeth. It gets so much better though
That is a huge relief because it was truly awful and I'm beginning to wonder what on earth I've let myself in for.

That is a huge relief because it was truly awful and I'm beginning to wonder what on earth I've let myself in for.
I've had mine on for two weeks, the first two days taking them off were hell but it was ok after that. It does get better

• Heart
Can I ask did you ladies go with a dentist for your invisalign or an orthodontist?

Can I ask did you ladies go with a dentist for your invisalign or an orthodontist?
I think it has to be with an orthodontist? I went to my childhood dentist but they have an outsourced orthodontist. They are the best invisalign providers in my city too

Thanks so much for this!

I’m still so unsure 😫 My quote is HIGH which is fine because I am a complex case, but the length of time is an issue - I can really see myself getting burnout with the whole thing after 8 months or so.

I only work one day in the office thankfully (how in Christs name did anyone do this pre pandemmy) but they said I would have 2 visible gaps for around 5 months 🙁 I can’t imagine tryna eat lunch at work with 2 teeth missing for 5 months!!! I just don’t know if I care enough tbh

Thanks so much for this!

I’m still so unsure 😫 My quote is HIGH which is fine because I am a complex case, but the length of time is an issue - I can really see myself getting burnout with the whole thing after 8 months or so.

I only work one day in the office thankfully (how in Christs name did anyone do this pre pandemmy) but they said I would have 2 visible gaps for around 5 months 🙁 I can’t imagine tryna eat lunch at work with 2 teeth missing for 5 months!!! I just don’t know if I care enough tbh
How much was the quote and how complex is the case, if you don’t mind me asking? Having 2 teeth removed seems like a lot 😧 have you tried going to different orthodontist to see if they could give you any other options?

How much was the quote and how complex is the case, if you don’t mind me asking? Having 2 teeth removed seems like a lot 😧 have you tried going to different orthodontist to see if they could give you any other options?
So the quote was £4.5k, everywhere I’ve been quoted a similar price and said I would need teeth removed, but I’ve only paid for one proper consultation (£75) with the orthodontist I liked best for a proper review and treatment plan.

WELL I can only have one tooth removed, and they said it would close quicker, but it would be in the centre of my bottom row! Which is an absolute no go for me 😂 I just couldn’t

I’m not able to get around the tooth removal by pushing them forward either as my gums are so thin and I’ve already experienced some regression just from brushing. My bottom row are just incredibly overcrowded, they have settled quite alright tbh and look fine from the front but it’s v noticeable from the side and top down how tight they are together. So it all just seems a bit much rn and I may just make my peace with them 😂

So the quote was £4.5k, everywhere I’ve been quoted a similar price and said I would need teeth removed, but I’ve only paid for one proper consultation (£75) with the orthodontist I liked best for a proper review and treatment plan.

WELL I can only have one tooth removed, and they said it would close quicker, but it would be in the centre of my bottom row! Which is an absolute no go for me 😂 I just couldn’t

I’m not able to get around the tooth removal by pushing them forward either as my gums are so thin and I’ve already experienced some regression just from brushing. My bottom row are just incredibly overcrowded, they have settled quite alright tbh and look fine from the front but it’s v noticeable from the side and top down how tight they are together. So it all just seems a bit much rn and I may just make my peace with them 😂
My gap is right in the centre at the bottom. Apparently it should close almost completely but if it doesn't I can have composite bonding done to fill the 'black triangle of doom'.
I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about having teeth that won't be symmetrical anymore but hopefully it won't too noticeable. Currently I'm more concerned about my teeth surviving the first week of taking this thing in and out 😆.

• Heart
Honestly, at first it feels like the treatment will go on forever and it feels like a real inconvenience having to take the aligners in and out when you eat. It took me a while to remove my first set too. Like with most things, you just get used to it and after a while it flies by. I did find it annoying that I couldn’t drink anything (other than water) because I’ve always got a cup of tea or coffee on the go.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Honestly, at first it feels like the treatment will go on forever and it feels like a real inconvenience having to take the aligners in and out when you eat. It took me a while to remove my first set too. Like with most things, you just get used to it and after a while it flies by. I did find it annoying that I couldn’t drink anything (other than water) because I’ve always got a cup of tea or coffee on the go.
I'm definitely feeling the inconvenience although it is still very, very early days. The good thing is that my dentist has told me I'm fine to drink warm drinks without removing them as long as they are not very hot. Currently enjoying a nice warmish cup of tea! My dentist is in the middle of her own Invisalign treatment so has advised on the basis of things she's found that are OK. I was so relived about that bit!

Reactions: 5