Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you both! this gives me hope. Having them in is completely fine but taking them out is awful. I only have mine for 6 months thank God!

I've had fixed braces and am now having invisalign. So far, I've had no pain whilst i've got them in. It feels odd but there's no pain at all. Taking them off is the only pain i have at the moment, and my teeth don't need to move around a dramatic amount so I'm hoping the pain will be minimal for me. Metal braces are more convenient in terms of no need to take them off constantly to eat etc BUT the wires in my metal braces used to break all the time, they used to dig into my mouth and the pain of them was horrific when they were tightened/first put on - I struggled to eat properly for days
My dentist said they could get a perfect result with fixed braces and 80% with aligners and that the difference would only be noticeable by professionals. I'm 39… so the thought of metal braces isn't fun. But the thought of subsisting on water for 6 months is not good either. I'm borderline underweight as it is. If it's painful to remove the aligners I'd just not eat for days. I have to weigh the pros and cons and ask the orthodontist a lot of questions next week.

I got mine today!! They are grand when they are on but oh my word taking them off 😨 I will 100% be loosing weight will defo cut down my snacking lol
I took mine off to have dinner this evening and it was a lot less painful. still painful, but less!

My dentist said they could get a perfect result with fixed braces and 80% with aligners and that the difference would only be noticeable by professionals. I'm 39… so the thought of metal braces isn't fun. But the thought of subsisting on water for 6 months is not good either. I'm borderline underweight as it is. If it's painful to remove the aligners I'd just not eat for days. I have to weigh the pros and cons and ask the orthodontist a lot of questions next week.
I would suggest getting advice from your orthodontist for sure. Vanity isn't worth jeopardising your health x

Reactions: 2
I went for a consultation and the dentist recommended invisalign express, he said my case is not complex at all (just moving 6 front teeth and closing a gap), he quoted me £2480 and the treatment time is 16 weeks. Has anyone else had invisliagn express? How did it go?

Reactions: 1
I went for a consultation and the dentist recommended invisalign express, he said my case is not complex at all (just moving 6 front teeth and closing a gap), he quoted me £2480 and the treatment time is 16 weeks. Has anyone else had invisliagn express? How did it go?
I think that’s what I had (called something else then) I had 7 trays two weeks per tray, I’m guessing yours is 8 trays at two weeks each? Worked fine for me, did exactly what I wanted. My sister also had Invisalign Lite which was 14 trays and hers was great too. It sounds legit for you as the front 6 teeth are the easiest to move, for me I had a gap at the front and my sister had an overlap at the front so again both of us it was the front 6. Is that price for both top and bottom teeth? Seems a steal if so, I paid £1750 just for the bottom and my sister paid about £2k just for the top!

I think that’s what I had (called something else then) I had 7 trays two weeks per tray, I’m guessing yours is 8 trays at two weeks each? Worked fine for me, did exactly what I wanted. My sister also had Invisalign Lite which was 14 trays and hers was great too. It sounds legit for you as the front 6 teeth are the easiest to move, for me I had a gap at the front and my sister had an overlap at the front so again both of us it was the front 6. Is that price for both top and bottom teeth? Seems a steal if so, I paid £1750 just for the bottom and my sister paid about £2k just for the top!
The dentist said they’d move 6 on top and 6 on the bottom (just move the bottom back a little to make room for the top to move back), but not too much. They’re charging me £500 for the clincheck, £1800 for the invisalign (but they called it a “single arch”, I don’t know if that means top and bottom?), but then they’re charging me £90 each for 2 essix retainers for top and bottom :)

I think they’re a gold or platinum invisalign provider and they seem really nice. I do want to go to a couple of more places though just for peace of mind that I’m going to the right person

@Scorpihoe definitely check because single arch means either too or bottom, so if they’re charging £1800 per arch it’ll be £1800 x 2 if you want the top and the bottom doing! Mine was £1750 for single arch. £500 for the clin check seems steep 😬 I’m pretty sure mine was free?!

Reactions: 3
My dentist just sent my data to Invisalign and said it'll cost 500 CHF, that's 408£ at the current rate. Swiss prices are on average much higher so 500£ sounds steep.

My dentist just sent my data to Invisalign and said it'll cost 500 CHF, that's 408£ at the current rate. Swiss prices are on average much higher so 500£ sounds steep.
That’s what I’m thinking too. I did think it sounded expensive for the clincheck, but then again I haven’t asked other people what they paid so I didn’t know if that was okay or not

@Scorpihoe definitely check because single arch means either too or bottom, so if they’re charging £1800 per arch it’ll be £1800 x 2 if you want the top and the bottom doing! Mine was £1750 for single arch. £500 for the clin check seems steep 😬 I’m pretty sure mine was free?!
Definitely, mine is £1850 just for top teeth

I’ve completed my whitening treatment/used all 4 syringes and some of my teeth still haven’t changed colour. Especially the teeth that have attachments on them. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes, they told me it would still whiten with the attachments.
I asked my dentist about whitening during the invisalign treatment and she said there was no way that she would even try to whiten anyones teeth while they had attachments on as they’d end up with a really uneven colour.
Tbh it makes sense as I’m not really sure how the whitening gel would even reach the parts of your teeth which are covered by attachments? If I were you I’d hold off on any more whitening and go back to your dentist and raise it with them because that doesn’t sound good to me

Reactions: 7
I’ve got an appointment this week, so will speak to them about it. He did say when he gave me that kit that if I wasn’t happy with the whitening, they’d sort it out… something along those lines. I hate complaining, though!! 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ I keep telling myself, I’m paying all this money, so i want it doing right.

Has anyone’s treatment been over a year? This is what I have been quoted 😫 If so, how did you find it?

And/or has anyone had to have teeth removed also? If so, how did you find it? I.e. dealing with an obvious gap and what not

I’m on my first aligner, have to wear them for two weeks before changing! It was so tight at the start but doesn’t feel like that now I’ve been wearing it for 11 days…. Is that normal enough?

I’m on my first aligner, have to wear them for two weeks before changing! It was so tight at the start but doesn’t feel like that now I’ve been wearing it for 11 days…. Is that normal enough?
Very normal! Aligner 2 will feel tight and then follow the same pattern.