Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got my first six sets this morning and oh my life I've never been so excited for lunchtime so I could take them off for a few minutes!! My teeth are so achey. I hope I don't take ages getting used to them.
Took a couple of weeks for me. Maybe take some pain for a few days. It does get better though. I’m almost at the end and I’m so glad. They are a pain in the butt 😅 but I’m excited to have straight teeth for the first time in my life!

Reactions: 1
Took a couple of weeks for me. Maybe take some pain for a few days. It does get better though. I’m almost at the end and I’m so glad. They are a pain in the butt 😅 but I’m excited to have straight teeth for the first time in my life!
Oh god! Surely not 😅 I'm on the paracetamol and ibuprofen but doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's not painful to be fair, just achey! Feel like I want to bite straight through them. That's fab, get you! You'll be out and about with straight teeth in no time 😂

Oh god! Surely not 😅 I'm on the paracetamol and ibuprofen but doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's not painful to be fair, just achey! Feel like I want to bite straight through them. That's fab, get you! You'll be out and about with straight teeth in no time 😂
Yeah it was more taking them in and out that hurt. It’s such a weird sensation having them in. My next appointment I’m getting my bumps filed off and fitted for my retainer. Going to get some bleach which you can use in the retainer so they’ll be white and straight! I’m going all out 😁 now I just need to lose about 3 stone and I’ll be ready for my magazine shoot 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah it was more taking them in and out that hurt. It’s such a weird sensation having them in. My next appointment I’m getting my bumps filed off and fitted for my retainer. Going to get some bleach which you can use in the retainer so they’ll be white and straight! I’m going all out 😁 now I just need to lose about 3 stone and I’ll be ready for my magazine shoot 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah I'm hating it not gonna lie. Just keep reminding myself of the end result and hoping it'll get more bearable! Hahaha amazing! I'll be looking out for you on the cover of cosmo 😂

• Haha
I pick my invisalign up on Thursday. Im sooooo excited. My friend got hers last week so we are gonna be done around the same time but she had no pain at all! I was really surprised to hear that

I have an appointment with my dentist this week and he will present his plan for a smile makeover. Your stories have helped me tremendously to prepare for this. So many questions I can ask (refinements and costs thereof) etc. Thank you all for sharing. It really is so helpful to hear from people who are going through it.

Reactions: 3
Waited a month for my consultation only to be told that my teeth are more of a complex case and they would need to refer me elsewhere to an Orthodontist 😠 So frustrating, I assumed they would have one within the practice!! Am I dumb for not checking this before? Defo an FYI for anyone going for a consultation - it's worth checking as my teeth are not extreme by any means, just some overcrowding on the bottom where I rejected braces in my teens so I'm really quite surprised.

Waited for ages and paid for a pointless appointment (only £45 so didn't bother arguing it) but now I've got to wait some more and pay again! Life

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Waited a month for my consultation only to be told that my teeth are more of a complex case and they would need to refer me elsewhere to an Orthodontist 😠 So frustrating, I assumed they would have one within the practice!! Am I dumb for not checking this before? Defo an FYI for anyone going for a consultation - it's worth checking as my teeth are not extreme by any means, just some overcrowding on the bottom where I rejected braces in my teens so I'm really quite surprised.

Waited for ages and paid for a pointless appointment (only £45 so didn't bother arguing it) but now I've got to wait some more and pay again! Life
It might be worth getting a second opinion. Mine is considered a very complex case, including overcrowding on the bottom requiring a tooth removal and my dentist managed to come up with two possible treatment plans for Invisalign.

What is interesting is that when I went to other practices a couple of years ago the first place said they couldn't help at all, didn't even do a scan and the second place, the result they were came up with involved having two teeth removed and was nowhere near as impressive as the projection of the most recent one. I think different dentists/orthodontists have different levels of training or are more up to date with advances in the treatment anyway.

I know how deflated I felt after than first appointment though so I understand your frustration. It's horrible to get yourself geared up for something only to have it halted suddenly. I hope you find a way forward with it.

• Heart
I think different dentists/orthodontists have different levels of training or are more up to date with advances in the treatment anyway.
Yeah you're definitely right! I mentioned having declined braces within the first 5 mins and I could tell from then on he wasn’t interested. That’s why it feels a bit unfair, if it was that easy for him to decide against me then there should really be some screening questions beforehand (or at least some more information as to who they cater to) to stop people wasting their time and money.

Luckily I got a confirmation of referral email from the new practice as soon as I left, although I’ll probably still have to wait another 4 weeks ☹ But tbh he seemed so unconfident that I wouldn’t really have felt comfortable going ahead with him anyway. Weird how much it seems to differ from practice to practice!

I would just ring up a bunch of places which offer invisalign and see if they have appointments available, idk if it’s the same in the UK but where I live, most practices offer free invisalign consultation where they’ll tell you whether or not they can do it for you, a rough estimate of how long they think you might need it for and a price quote. I was lucky in that the first place I visited offered me a very reasonable price and I really the orthodontist and the team, but I think it defo pays to shop around.

When you get your aligners do they all have to get the clear bridge things to hold them into place on your teeth? I’ve seen some people with them and some without

I had my dentist appointment today. First discussion of the treatment plan. It looks like 4-6 months of braces or aligners. Braces for a perfect result, aligners would get me 80% towards a perfect result. According to my dentist only a pro would see a difference (=not perfect perfect) in the end. Orthodontist appointment next week. I have a lot of googling and thinking to do till then.

I got my invisalign fitted yesterday. They are mostly ok, but the pain of taking them off is horrific. Please tell me it gets better 😭

• Sad
I got my invisalign fitted yesterday. They are mostly ok, but the pain of taking them off is horrific. Please tell me it gets better 😭
I got mine today!! They are grand when they are on but oh my word taking them off 😨 I will 100% be loosing weight will defo cut down my snacking lol

It gets better I promise!! I'm on day 7 now and I was where you are but now it's just annoying rather than painful.

• Heart
For me it started off painful and then it just became an ‘achy’ feeling. I barely had any pain other than at the start of my treatment. I had 14 aligners in total over 9 months

Is it achy the entire time the aligners are off or just while taking the thing off? I need to decide between fixed braces and aligners and I am currently at a loss.

I cannot lose any more weight and I live off tea so the whole 22 hours water only thing sounds so bad.

Is it achy the entire time the aligners are off or just while taking the thing off? I need to decide between fixed braces and aligners and I am currently at a loss.

I cannot lose any more weight and I live off tea so the whole 22 hours water only thing sounds so bad.
I’m on day one of my clear aligners! They aren’t sore at all when they are actually on, but taking them on and off is sore enough 😔 the whole taking them on and off for eating etc is annoying il be honest, esp when you know they are sore to take off. But here I’m only on day one haha so it might get better

It gets better I promise!! I'm on day 7 now and I was where you are but now it's just annoying rather than painful.
For me it started off painful and then it just became an ‘achy’ feeling. I barely had any pain other than at the start of my treatment. I had 14 aligners in total over 9 months
Thank you both! this gives me hope. Having them in is completely fine but taking them out is awful. I only have mine for 6 months thank God!

I've had fixed braces and am now having invisalign. So far, I've had no pain whilst i've got them in. It feels odd but there's no pain at all. Taking them off is the only pain i have at the moment, and my teeth don't need to move around a dramatic amount so I'm hoping the pain will be minimal for me. Metal braces are more convenient in terms of no need to take them off constantly to eat etc BUT the wires in my metal braces used to break all the time, they used to dig into my mouth and the pain of them was horrific when they were tightened/first put on - I struggled to eat properly for days