cleaning_my_anxiety_away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ. I don't follow cleaning instagram-ers so never knew about all these. Cleaning your anxiety away? THAT is her insta name? It's like they're trying to find any angle they can do be relevant and relatable. I have anxiety, loads of people do, I wouldn't dream of making an insta about it. Is she just using mental health as an angle to spend loads/show off?

Reactions: 6
Christ. I don't follow cleaning instagram-ers so never knew about all these. Cleaning your anxiety away? THAT is her insta name? It's like they're trying to find any angle they can do be relevant and relatable. I have anxiety, loads of people do, I wouldn't dream of making an insta about it. Is she just using mental health as an angle to spend loads/show off?
It’s very irresponsible in my opinion. Seems like a flippant username, and also ironic as some people’s anxiety is so bad it manifests as OCD where they become obsessed with cleanliness and hygiene. Surely this account is just reinforcing that, which is why I think it’s irresponsible and dangerous.

She must have cleaned her anxiety away being she’s off to the p&g event today in a London 🙄.

Reactions: 7
It’s very irresponsible in my opinion. Seems like a flippant username, and also ironic as some people’s anxiety is so bad it manifests as OCD where they become obsessed with cleanliness and hygiene. Surely this account is just reinforcing that, which is why I think it’s irresponsible and dangerous.
☝ THIS.

This is the reason these accounts grate on me so much. Play the mental health card as and when it suits. Exactly as you said, years ago I had a period of crippling, couldn't leave the house for months anxiety and this is how it manifested itself. I couldn't settle unless everything was shiny. It's so irresponsible and such bad taste to use it as a fashion trend

• Heart
Reactions: 5
☝ THIS.

This is the reason these accounts grate on me so much. Play the mental health card as and when it suits. Exactly as you said, years ago I had a period of crippling, couldn't leave the house for months anxiety and this is how it manifested itself. I couldn't settle unless everything was shiny. It's so irresponsible and such bad taste to use it as a fashion trend
I completely agree. I work in mental health. Extremely bad taste indeed. It needs to stop.

• Heart
So do I, with individuals who have been sectioned and the last thing they want to do is make cleaning pages on instagram 🙄
Exactly. I couldn't get to the doctors for 3 months because I thought they wouldn't believe me 🤷‍♀️ I know everyone has a different experience but your very last instinct is to put yourself out there to that degree, I just dont buy it

Reactions: 2
That's what I thought, playing the mental health card when it suits. It really infuriates me, especially when I've been through periods of depression and (as other people said) not being able to leave the house due to anxiety. Why oh why did I not think of just doing some cleaning to cheer myself up!? I'm so stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have anxiety and I can't leave my house. I find it laughable when these people carry on living normal lives, going to shops and events, the school run etc when there are people like me who actually are suffering with real anxiety disorder and we can't go out of our door.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.