Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thankfully we live in the modern day so can judge the past without rose tinted glasses fogging up the view, and sorry not sorry, what was commonplace thinking back then is now offensive.

I felt the same watching other scenes from the Classic soaps. So much prejudice and bigotry. I'm glad things changed.
Does anyone remember the really scandalous story of the time…
When Curly kissed….a black woman! Ok, woman of colour in today’s terminology.
It was a real scandal and lots of people were appalled.
It was ground breaking at the time

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’ve been thinking long about the Roy and Hayley storyline a lot this past few weeks, and how much we as a society have changed for the better (same sex marriage is legal, better laws protecting LGBTQ people, easier for trans people to change their documents) but yet we’ve almost gone backwards, too. Bigots arguing over pro-nouns, calling people snowflakes, arguing over who should be allowed in sports teams and toilets etc, but really, it’s just a person born into the wrong body who wants to lead a normal, often uneventful life like everyone else, maybe fall in love, be “one of the girls” like Hayley desperately wanted. That’s what it’s all about. It may be difficult to understand for some, but it’s not their business. The whole matter has been over complicated and perhaps it’s going to take Hayleys story again to remind people that everyone deserves a happy life, and everything else is just noise.
Late to this but what a great, kind and insightful comment 👏❤

Reactions: 3
When Greg was standing in the front room looking outside the window why didn’t Sally take the children out the back door? Or even lock the dining room door? Were the gurrls doing crafts? It all seemed ridiculous to me!

Reactions: 6
When Greg was standing in the front room looking outside the window why didn’t Sally take the children out the back door? Or even lock the dining room door? Were the gurrls doing crafts? It all seemed ridiculous to me!
I thought the same! Or she could have taken something in with her to bash him over the head!

Reactions: 2
Catching up on Friday's episodes - what a load of shite! Sally managed to get to the front door and instead of opening it, she bangs on it shouting "help me". The girls could've easily opened the door when Greg let them go to the loo. Greg wasn't armed so why were the police fannying about?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Catching up on Friday's episodes - what a load of shite! Sally managed to get to the front door and instead of opening it, she bangs on it shouting "help me". The girls could've easily opened the door when Greg let them go to the loo. Greg wasn't armed so why were the police fannying about?
It was proper wank. Greg is so unthreatening that lil Sophie could have kicked him in the shins and got away!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It was proper wank. Greg is so unthreatening that lil Sophie could have kicked him in the shins and got away!
I think Sally was right to be scared. I’ve unearthed a previously unseen still of Greg making his way to Coronation Street and I have to say, I’d be petrified if this was coming for me too…

40E5F6CA-2159-4719-A9D0-A99B248E2C3E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Good riddance to Greg 'Frank Spencer' Kelly.

Easily one of Corrie's worst villains (as in their portrayal), along with that camp Callum (played by that covid denier Sean Ward) from a couple of years ago.

Both are remembered for the wrong reasons - utter crap. 😆

• Haha
Good riddance to Greg 'Frank Spencer' Kelly.

Easily one of Corrie's worst villains (as in their portrayal), along with that camp Callum (played by that covid denier Sean Ward) from a couple of years ago.

Both are remembered for the wrong reasons - utter crap. 😆
I didn’t think this recent appearance of Bad Egg Greg showed us Johnny Briggs’ best acting either - he was like something out of Murder She Wrote! Looking at the phone receiver pensively after the call had finished, staring off into yonder at the thought of Alma finding out he’d been doing the horizontal tango with her from Smack the Pony.

The hero we didn’t know we needed in all this Double Denim Kev - even when hoisted up by Mike and Martin, he still gave kicking that front door in a good go. Nobody comes between him and his gerrrrrllls. Except Sally. And Alison. And the garage.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I didn’t think this recent appearance of Bad Egg Greg showed us Johnny Briggs’ best acting either - he was like something out of Murder She Wrote! Looking at the phone receiver pensively after the call had finished, staring off into yonder at the thought of Alma finding out he’d been doing the horizontal tango with her from Smack the Pony.

The hero we didn’t know we needed in all this Double Denim Kev - even when hoisted up by Mike and Martin, he still gave kicking that front door in a good go. Nobody comes between him and his gerrrrrllls. Except Sally. And Alison. And the garage.
Mike has been gross in this whole storyline. Look at him, then look at Julia Stone, he was an idiot to think it was genuine! No sympathy for the sleaze.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Mike has been gross in this whole storyline. Look at him, then look at Julia Stone, he was an idiot to think it was genuine! No sympathy for the sleaze.
It can’t be that long until he hooks up with Linda, something for us all to look forward to…

• Sick
  • Haha
And the way he brought up Stephen again as trying to justify himself, so smarmy and condescending.

Did Sally actually tell her children ‘help yourselves to salad’ and expect them to?! 😄

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.