Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know Des can be a bore but Sam is never bloody happy with what she’s got🙄

Reactions: 7
Hello!
Refugee from 'another forum' here (fellow refugees will know me by the trail of dead my username) ;)

Roy and Hayley aside, Classic Corrie has gone seriously downhill for me since Park took over and murdered Dirk and Percy taxied off into the sunset, but I may be joining you here on a permanent basis ifyerknowwotimean :)

Them Battersbys, though :(
I agree, when Park took over to modernize it, the show did lose a lot of its charm. I’m finding all who lived in Mavis and Derek’s house incredibly dull. The McDonalds/Fiona saga tedious and Samantha is so boring. I already miss the difference of characters, Phyllis, Percy, Derek, Mavis. They threw a bit of variety and light heartedness into the street.
It’s still better than today’s street but the demise from Park onwards is clear.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
"Leannes" acting seems better in classic corrie than in normal Corrie, i think she has been in it so long she has got lazy , out of the Battersbys at the moment she is the most convincing

I agree, when Park took over to modernize it, the show did lose a lot of its charm. I’m finding all who lived in Mavis and Derek’s house incredibly dull. The McDonalds/Fiona saga tedious and Samantha is so boring. I already miss the difference of characters, Phyllis, Percy, Derek, Mavis. They threw a bit of variety and light heartedness into the street.
It’s still better than today’s street but the demise from Park onwards is clear.
I agree its only been a few months since we lost 3 of them and its really missing their presence , Phyliss was always great as well, once we started losing these types of characters who could add a bit of simple comedy then you lost the heart of corrie, these days its one serious storyline after another all based on fantasy, and apart from Dev those that try to do comedy just fall flat on their face, as you say modern corrie has lost its charm sadly

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Hello!
Refugee from 'another forum' here (fellow refugees will know me by the trail of dead my username) ;)

Roy and Hayley aside, Classic Corrie has gone seriously downhill for me since Park took over and murdered Dirk and Percy taxied off into the sunset, but I may be joining you here on a permanent basis ifyerknowwotimean :)

Them Battersbys, though :(
What have you been up to gibby? How long will you be on the naughty step? Don't tell me it's permanent?😯

Reactions: 2
Anyone else miss the meerkats? I’m finding the Argos music incredibly repetitive

Reactions: 4
I’ve been dipping in and out of classic Corrie since the run started, it’s definitely lost some of its charm recently. I don’t remember finding the way Spider was written quite so irritating first time around, perhaps it’s because times have changed and ecological issues are taken seriously now but the whole eco warrior as a comedy character thing is really grating.

Reactions: 8
Rhona from Emmerdale as Spider's girlfriend!!!!
that is nearly everyone from Emmerdale who has been in corrie at some point , most of the Dingles except Sam have shown up, i cant remember them all now but every week on t'other forum (one that should never be named :mad:) :D , we were always seeing someone who went on to make their name in Emmerdale afterwards

Reactions: 3
Anyone else miss the meerkats? I’m finding the Argos music incredibly repetitive
They were getting a bit annoying towards the end but they were still infinitely than the Argos ads! I don't know why, but the music and footage reminds me of the McCain ads they used to show before Emmerdale.

I’m sorry to be that person...I record #classiccorrie to watch in my bed (I know how to show my husband a good time 😉) but the aerial broke down I’ve missed a few days. Last I saw, Des told Samantha to get out but she appears to be back but sneaking off to Chris’s 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I’m also guessing Hayley told Roy about Harold and he didn’t react well but the most shocking thing was the amount of people crammed on Des’s uncomfortable sofa watching the football!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m sorry to be that person...I record #classiccorrie to watch in my bed (I know how to show my husband a good time 😉) but the aerial broke down I’ve missed a few days. Last I saw, Des told Samantha to get out but she appears to be back but sneaking off to Chris’s 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I’m also guessing Hayley told Roy about Harold and he didn’t react well but the most shocking thing was the amount of people crammed on Des’s uncomfortable sofa watching the football!
That’s where I’m upto aswell! I record them and try and watch at least one episode on a night. I also watch classic eastenders!

Oh dear Lord who is this Log?! Poor Toyah! (That’s something I didn’t think I’d hear myself saying a few months back). I can’t remember the eco warriors being so badly done first time round.

Oh dear Lord who is this Log?! Poor Toyah! (That’s something I didn’t think I’d hear myself saying a few months back). I can’t remember the eco warriors being so badly done first time round.
What sort of name is Log anyway? She may as well be called twig.

The actress that played Log now plays Rhona in Emmerdale

that is nearly everyone from Emmerdale who has been in corrie at some point , most of the Dingles except Sam have shown up, i cant remember them all now but every week on t'other forum (one that should never be named :mad:) :D , we were always seeing someone who went on to make their name in Emmerdale afterwards

Harriet was in it months ago as an old flame of Terry Duckworth! I also saw Betty Eggleton in an episode of 'Tales of the Unexpected'!!

• Heart
Do you know what blows my mind?

Sally's real life daughter being in Bridgerton! I'm not sure why...I don't watch it myself but I know it's very popular on both sides of the Atlantic..

Harriet was in it months ago as an old flame of Terry Duckworth! I also saw Betty Eggleton in an episode of 'Tales of the Unexpected'!!
Rodney was also in an episode of tales of the unexpected (I know he's known for a lot more than emmerdale) looked nothing like him though I thought, I had to Google it as j recognised his voice

• Heart
There doesn't seem to be a PM facility here or I'd use it, so excuse this everybody :)

What have you been up to gibby? How long will you be on the naughty step? Don't tell me it's permanent?😯
I believe it may be (of course the rootin' tootin' knee-jerkin' self-styled Mods of Mount Olympus over there won't lower themselves to formally tell me anything by email :rolleyes: so I'm not entirely certain yet). I do know that I was accused of 'transphobia' for some jokes I made about Matty in Emmerdale, made more in a climate of commenting on the dire state of Issues-led Modern Soaps than any actual prejudice on my part (they didn't bother to check out any of my more considered serious posts about Hayley and praise for Julie D's performance in Classic Corrie, of course).

'That place' is dying a swift death on it's oversensitive derrierre by the look and smell of it now, and I won't miss it (just some of my pals there). I don't like being unfairly accused of being something I'm definitely not by people more reactionary than myself, but then that seems par for the course 'over there' now and I'm far from alone in being treated that way.

I didn't get banned though of course - circumstances forced me to reluctantly step away from the forum so that I could devote more time to my 'transphobia' family :D

Any road, I'm looking forward to joining everyone here after a period of recuperation from my trauma, laid out here on my chaise-longe like a Victorian heroine ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There doesn't seem to be a PM facility here or I'd use it, so excuse this everybody :)

I believe it may be (of course the rootin' tootin' knee-jerkin' self-styled Mods of Mount Olympus over there won't lower themselves to formally tell me anything by email :rolleyes: so I'm not entirely certain yet). I do know that I was accused of 'transphobia' for some jokes I made about Matty in Emmerdale, made more in a climate of commenting on the dire state of Issues-led Modern Soaps than any actual prejudice on my part (they didn't bother to check out any of my more considered serious posts about Hayley and praise for Julie D's performance in Classic Corrie, of course).

'That place' is dying a swift death on it's oversensitive derrierre by the look and smell of it now, and I won't miss it (just some of my pals there). I don't like being unfairly accused of being something I'm definitely not by people more reactionary than myself, but then that seems par for the course 'over there' now and I'm far from alone in being treated that way.

I didn't get banned though of course - circumstances forced me to reluctantly step away from the forum so that I could devote more time to my 'transphobia' family :D

Any road, I'm looking forward to joining everyone here after a period of recuperation from my trauma, laid out here on my chaise-longe like a Victorian heroine ;)
That just about covers the mess that is DS at the moment
Laugh 1.gif

Very sad that there isn't any messaging facility here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.