Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
I also find it pathetic that they drive to bars when both drinking, I presume that is to save money on an uber both ways. They are an unlikeable couple, those 'jokes' like he gets his way all the time aren't funny, just passive aggressive!

Reactions: 1

Sloanes

Constantly shirtless Zac does not seem like he wants to be anywhere but Cincinnati with his friends. I can't see him moving to a new city permanently. He criticized her eyebrows and her use of makeup in this latest video. Lots of passive aggressive "joking" from him. I couldn't stand that.

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
I'm not going to lie I used to watch her because I thought she was way more positive than me lol. Now I realize she is actually worse than me. Did anyone else used to think she was so inspiration and positive too? 🙄
Yes me too! Although I agree with everything comment on life has said! It is so disappointing when you realise that all YTers have massive flaws, I still admire her work ethic though and the fact she does a real job. I used to watch Kylie Ross but she became completely unbearable and smug after making big bucks from advertisers. Also something about Clancy I like is she hasn't sold out to them (yet).

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
unrelated but anyone think the reason Clancy isn’t having bridesmaids bc she’s got no close girlfriends? She has her friend from home and her and Jenna seem close but other than that she has no close girlfriends. You never see her talk about friends or go to lunch or anything with her friends. A lot of her friends are Zac’s friends’ SOs…she made a lot of reasons for not having bridesmaids but I think it boils down to just not really having any close friends who would stand with her on her big day.
I completely agree with this! It will be interesting if Carly has Clancy as a bridesmaid at her wedding. She already had a much better proposal so I am sure her wedding will be more lavish too!

sarajackman

Yeah that video was complete BS. The eating out and drinking wasn't included for a reason.

I think she keeps her diet bland, to stay thin. Granted a sandwich and fries isn't healthy and eating copious amounts of sweet potatoes seems like a lot of carbs. But she avoids sauces, only orders vodka water, etc. probably because she is scared of gaining more weight.

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
I feel like all her vlogs are complaining anymore. Plus of course she has low B12 she isn't eating B12. Then she claims she eats a lot and has some random disease. Also, low B12 can digestive issuses. I don't think she has all these intolerances like she thinks..

I don't see her relationship working out either but hope it does. :/
I completely agree, over-relying on particular foods can cause intolerances to those foods, she has caused her own issues!

I also agree, they have a very passive aggressive relationship under the guise of banter. Clancy seems very controlling I feel sorry for Zac. Although I wish them luck with their engagement as maybe he is fine with being a beta!

RJF

VIP Member
^^^^ vlogwatcher33 you have a good point! I didn't even put two and two together but I think you are on to something.

I actually started watching Clancy because I was a former TV news reporter. Like me, there are a TON of other people leaving the business. There are many articles online if you search the "great resignation of TV news." It's an industry where you're severely overworked/underpaid and it is not a very family friend career (which I'm sure that's something she wants someday). Also, TV news reporters sign a two-year contract, and once that's up, it's time to move again! It makes it so hard to get settled in one area.

Getting up at 1 am every day sucks. If they have kids one day, it's going to be very tricky. There are a lot of journalists who are going into Public Relations for better work-life balance. That's what I did!

I guess time will tell. But with her 2-year contract ending in April, selling work dresses, etc. makes me very suspicious!

^^ Also, to HairyBerries point I think her mom DEFINITELY had a hand in helping her start off in Journalism.

What Clancy never talks about is how she is beyond privileged that she started off in Dayton. For reference, there are about 210 TV news markets in America with New York being #1 and Glendive, MT is 210. Cincinnati is 36. Dayton is 64 and usually, all on-air TV reporters fresh out of college start off in at LEAST market 100 or higher! Making $24k a year. No joke!

So she basically climbed her way to the top, without earning her chops. Also, she had a photographer in Dayton which is unheard of for your first TV market! I lugged a 30 lb camera around for my first TV gig making no money! I was a multimedia journalist or "MMJ" so I was the reporter, photographer, producer all in one! Like the girl Clancy showed getting hit by a car on live, TV, "Tori Yorgey" – basically every newbie is sent out solo to run their own live shot.

I wish she addressed how lucky she is, to start off in Dayton...
This is such an interesting and insightful post! Thank you.

If you had to guess, how much would you say that Clancy is making a year?

HairyBerries

VIP Member
Okay is it just me that’s extremely grossed out by Clancy meal prepping her food FIVE days out. I’m sorry but why would anyone want to eat 5 day old Brussel sprouts? I also can’t fathom how she can eat the same exact thing 5 days in a row without getting sick of it.

-Neurotic, probably?

I also thought it was hysterical that the news anchor on the desk told Clancy to “step out of the way” so the viewers can see Matt’s makeover. She always needs to be the star of the show!

-Ugh. This always annoys me about her. She's a very me, me, me person.

Also, do Clancy and Zac sleep in a full bed? It seems a little small. I’m sure knowing her cheap self, she refused to upgrade to at least a queen size. I think it’s the same bed she had when she lived alone. Zac is over 6 feet tall so I can’t see how that would be comfortable for him.

-Maybe he sleeps on the couch 🤣

OmgObsessed

They don’t pre-game
They said the bar is the pregame prior to events. 😭 That's why I suspect they are driving drunk because they drive to the bar then magically get to event then back home then back to the bar for the car? We're suppose to believe they took 3 Ubers when they drove to the bar? We all know Clancy would never.

Of course it is all Zacs fault for not being telepathic! Also did you know he doesn't finish the toothpaste tube before opening a new one, what an evil guy!
Lmao, I can't lie, my husband does the exact same thing, especially with food where he'll open a new jar of something when one is already open, and it drives me INSANE hahah so I get her feelings on this one.

I don't think Clancy can work with advertisers/products because it would be a conflict of interest with her job. It's actually a nice break from other YTers who try to shill random products you know they don't use.

The engagement video is up! Can't wait for all your snarky comments on this one 🤣

Kit123

VIP Member
She says she's frugal however isn't their apartment pretty expensive? And the new car she brought?

sarajackman

^^ I also sense there is no warmth or love with the men in her life. I guess that's why she told Zac to not even bother to ask her father for her hand in marriage when he decided to propose. Sure, I guess the whole thing is a little antiquated but I can't believe he didn't bring it up to her family until a few hours before the proposal. I find that WEIRD. It's just a respect thing that you ask the father first.

Speaking of her proposal, she kept complaining that she was dressed in her pajamas. BUT she knew she had a reservation at a fancy restaurant with both their parents. Yet she chooses to stay in her sweats? Weird to me. Especially for how much of a perfectionist she is when it comes to her appearance.

There have been times when she vlogged doing her makeup to sit in the house with Zac. She said she wasn't even leaving the house but wanted to feel put together. I just can't fathom why she wouldn't bother to put herself together before going to a nice restaurant.

BottleBlonde

In the run up to the 2020 election, there was a video where she was talking to her mother on the phone about the fact that she had had a political argument with her brother. Clancy’s mother appeared to be on Clancy’s side of the political issue but it was never revealed exactly who thought what.

Given that Clancy’s brother is a soldier, I always assumed that he was pro-Trump and that Clancy wasn’t. However, isn’t the news company she works for pretty conservative? Who knows…
I don’t think I watched that one. Could they be varying degrees of republican maybe? I find most families all skew the same way politically speaking. Looking back, it doesn’t surprise me Clancy leans right. I do wonder about Zach though.

sarajackman

In her vlog yesterday, she finally apologized for saying “back in the olden days women did nothing. I work full time that’s why I can’t cook.” She made some BS apology that I don’t buy. She claims she got mean messages/comments about it but I went back and checked that vlog and of course she deleted all negative comments.

Also, In this vlog, she said she contemplated getting highlights in her hair but refused and said: “spending over $50 in the hair salon is just not in the cards for me.” she is so damn cheap! What girl in the 21st century is spending less than 50 bucks in a hair salon? 🤦🏽‍♀️

Apparently today she has the stomach bug, but I feel like she just wanted to get out of seeing Zac’s parents for Mother’s Day 😂

HairyBerries

VIP Member
She should just admit the news reporting job wasn't working out and not how she expected it to be...and that they're both not sure about the marriage..it isn't that hard.

HairyBerries

VIP Member
She worked hard for that role (well, sort of) I'm sure her mum had a hand in helping her start off in Journalism,

So I don't think she'll quit, but it is weird to sell all of your work clothes out of the blue..

could she be doing behind the scenes? I can't see her opting out of being in the spotlight, what would they do for money? Youtube surely can't be reliable...

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
Why would anyone want to watch 30 minutes of them bickering? Perhaps show a short clip or a single remark but nobody wants to see them have the same freaking conversation all the time. The desperation for content is painful.
I noted that she said there was a lot of stress going on behind the scenes, if this is what she is still showing on camera I can't imagine how bad it is. That relationship is in trouble!