Claire Balding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the state they both get in at home is wrong. No child should have to witness them drunk or suffering a hangover the next day. If it was a hangover once or twice a year then fair enough. Not weekly a few nights at that. They can’t even do anything with the kids without drinking. I don’t agree with it at all. I was young having my daughter she’s now 21 and i never have been drunk or around her drinking. For both big birthdays 18 and 21 we went for a meal for her 18th i took her for her first legal drink on both birthdays i had one drink around her i just don’t think a child needs to see that especially with the state she gets into. Major drink problems in that relationship. She’s the biggest moan ever to grace social media 😆🙄
A hangover once or twice a year? 🤨
I wouldn't say she has a drink problem, I say there is houses across the country that reach for beer or wine in the evenings, especially during this odd time. I know I enjoy a couple of glasses mid week when I feel like it.
I think her problem is that she has a very low tolerance for it, after only a couple of cans she seems a bit drunk.
Her mother lives 5 mins away, if anything happened to the kids during the night, there would be plenty of help around.
They are still a very young couple, they like a few drinks together. While I think she should avoid posting it all on Instagram, I definately don't think she is an alcoholic.

Reactions: 22
I wouldn't say she has a drink problem, I say there is houses across the country that reach for beer or wine in the evenings, especially during this odd time. I know I enjoy a couple of glasses mid week when I feel like it.
I think her problem is that she has a very low tolerance for it, after only a couple of cans she seems a bit drunk.
Her mother lives 5 mins away, if anything happened to the kids during the night, there would be plenty of help around.
They are still a very young couple, they like a few drinks together. While I think she should avoid posting it all on Instagram, I definately don't think she is an alcoholic.
Ya I agree. And with lockdown I would imagine people were turning to drink more and more to cope with it all. I don't see when she's stated they basically live slap bang in the middle of all their family why they can't have a few drinks together. Also someone above made a dig about her not being able to drive. So what? I'm 33 and can't drive and don't ever intend on it to be honest. Some people just don't want to drive and that's okay too.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry for being petty... but that smacking noise she Constantly makes with her lips goes right through me 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Makes sense. She's happy to show every inch of her manky house but hasn't given us a glimse of her 'warehouse'. If she had any kind of space at all she would be showing it on her stories. Like why lie? 🤷🏼‍♀️
[/QUOTE]
Good point, if there was anything to show we'd see it alright.

Ya I agree. And with lockdown I would imagine people were turning to drink more and more to cope with it all. I don't see when she's stated they basically live slap bang in the middle of all their family why they can't have a few drinks together. Also someone above made a dig about her not being able to drive. So what? I'm 33 and can't drive and don't ever intend on it to be honest. Some people just don't want to drive and that's okay too.
Yeah I'd say they don't have the money for babysitters, big nights out as well so they just have to sit in and have a few

Reactions: 3
I'm part of the no driving gang... Definitely not ashamed of that 🙌🙌🙌

Reactions: 5
They started drinking early when they went for food with the kids. Then had a couple of cans when they got home. (She couldn't even remember whether her two children were in bed or not!) She showed an empty bottle of red wine deciding whether she should go to bed or not. At this stage she can barely focus her eyes properly and is slurring badly. She then goes on to have a few gins... And that's what she admits to.

Don't buy the 'small celebration' excuse either. They seem to get into similar states on a regular basis. I don't think she has a low tolerance, she just drinks far too much. They both do, and their weight and sluggishness shows every inch of it. They both look at least 15 years older than they actually are.

No issue that she can't drive but imagine one of her children woke up sick to see their parents in such a drunken state that not only could they not look after them, they would have to call a family member to take them to hospital? They wouldn't even be in any fit state to go with them.

Actually imagine any child waking up to see that blubbering, incoherent mess full stop.

Reactions: 12
They started drinking early when they went for food with the kids. Then had a couple of cans when they got home. She couldn't remember whether her two children were in bed. She showed an empty bottle of red wine at one stage. At this stage she can barely focus her eyes properly, and is slurring badly. She then goes on to have a few gins... And that's what she admits to. Don't buy the 'small celebration' excuse either. They seem to get into similar states on a regular basis. I don't think she has a low tolerance, she just drinks far too much. They both do, and their weight and sluggishness shows every inch of it. They both look at least 15 years older than they actually are.

No issue that she can't drive but imagine one of her children woke up sick to see their parents in such a drunken state that not only could they not look after them, they would have to call a family member to take them to hospital? They wouldn't even be in any fit state to go with them.

Actually imagine any child waking up to see that blubbering, incoherent mess full stop.
Yeah I actually remember I read an article where someone said they used to drink almost every night and what made them stop was their kid coming down one night and seeing them dancing around the sitting room drunk.

• Sad
I wonder if Claire is reading the thread this morning as she seems to be justifying her alcohol intake by saying it was in celebration of something. To me there is a big difference between having a few celebratory drinks and being very visibly drunk after binge drinking all evening while under the care of two children. Not directed just at Claire but at the both of them - one of them needs to at least be in a fit state to mind the kids if they need them as others are posting above. And this is a pretty regular occurence in their house. As I said previously I recently worried about my own drinking habits so stopped, and I wasn't putting away as much as them and I don't have kids.
A celebration is no excuse, that level of drunk is unacceptable with 2 kids upstairs. I’d understand if it was just one of them but both of them like this on a regular basis is concerning. All it takes is E staggering out half asleep for a wee, trip against a door frame & need a hospital dash for Tusla to be down their necks for not being able to care for their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I agree that having the odd drink or a few glasses of wine is grand. But she's hungover regularly. She was very drunk last night. If her tolerance is low then maybe she needs to look at quantities. I know if I had three drinks out I'd be starting to get drunk myself. If I had another few cans and then spirits I'd be fully drunk and very hungover the next day and it would put me in bad form for days.

"If anything were to happen there's help nearby" - that's enabling poor behaviour, saying the kids are totally safe with two parents who drunk to that level regularly is just wrong. Enjoying a few drinks and their level of drunk are two very different things.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes I don’t agree with that “the parents are near by to help if anything happens” there is nothing wrong with her and her husband having a few drinks in the house every few weeks.or a few drinks every week if your not getting Twisted drunk! But getting into that state twice a week is a bit much! Like the last post said that’s enabling poor behaviour! She’d be well able to handle a few drinks sure she drinks enough to have a high enough tolerance!

Reactions: 8
I'm part of the no driving gang... Definitely not ashamed of that 🙌🙌🙌
Absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to drive. Being able to drive & being in no fit state to do so when you’re responsible for 2 kids is another thing.

The two of them are so unhealthy looking for their ages. So bloated and look years older than they are. They need to knock the booze on the head.
The two kids are stunning tho. Have to say.

Reactions: 12
She hasn’t changed out of those pjs , left the bed really or washed herself all day ..ladies and gents ..... I give you———. the Business woman of the year !! Best of luck with your new business 🤢🤢🤢 If you can’t haul your hungover ass out of the bed to wash or even change !! Good luck ‘

A few drinks vs getting plastered a few times a week is a big difference. Also with young kids..they must be lying in bed at night hearing the 2 of them roaring arguing and roaring singing at all hours. It’s not a nice environment to be in tbh. It’s inappropriate. Once in a while, maybe. Every week? No. Sure the 2 of them could pass our drunk and not realise if the kids need them. Kids waking up to cans all over the kitchen and living room, stinking of booze, parents both with heads on them. It’s not right. It was also pretty upsetting to hear her say she was screaming at the kids with a typical narcissistic theme of everything being about Claire. Kids shouldn’t need to worry about them struggling with a mortgage and things like that. They’re too young to be made to worry about their mother and her self inflicted problems.
She’s studying and trying to get a new business off it’s feet in a difficult time, she needs to have her head screwed on for that, not hungover and listless. She uses her platform to market it but comes on looking rough, unprepared and with a crappy attitude. It’s a terrible image to portray. The Mas and Galz who adore that carry on won’t be the customers she needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The two of them are so unhealthy looking for their ages. So bloated and look years older than they are. They need to knock the booze on the head.
The two kids are stunning tho. Have to say.
I couldn’t believe it when she said she was only 32! And Ian looks well into his forty’s no way would I pass him on the street and think he was 33!

Reactions: 7
A few drinks vs getting plastered a few times a week is a big difference. Also with young kids..they must be lying in bed at night hearing the 2 of them roaring arguing and roaring singing at all hours. It’s not a nice environment to be in tbh. It’s inappropriate. Once in a while, maybe. Every week? No. Sure the 2 of them could pass our drunk and not realise if the kids need them. Kids waking up to cans all over the kitchen and living room, stinking of booze, parents both with heads on them. It’s not right. It was also pretty upsetting to hear her say she was screaming at the kids with a typical narcissistic theme of everything being about Claire. Kids shouldn’t need to worry about them struggling with a mortgage and things like that. They’re too young to be made to worry about their mother and her self inflicted problems.
She’s studying and trying to get a new business off it’s feet in a difficult time, she needs to have her head screwed on for that, not hungover and listless. She uses her platform to market it but comes on looking rough, unprepared and with a crappy attitude. It’s a terrible image to portray. The Mas and Galz who adore that carry on won’t be the customers she needs.
Agree with all of this 100%. Didnt mind Claire before when she did her 9 to 5 office job. It's very sad to see the way they are behaving. If she is any way serious about building a business she would want to cop on. The drinking is disgraceful at this point and jf I was her Id be ashamed to post it on social media.

Reactions: 6
Everything you said 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼
Imagine even a teen, falling asleep thinking everything is grand and then waking up two hours later to that screehing shitshow?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.