Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have just found this thread and I’m so glad to have somewhere to vent!

Does it not occur to her that the reason the business is struggling is that she’s trying to rob people blind?

I got engaged recently and chose my own ring. In a savvy enough shopper but wanted to look all over so I could get a baseline on price/value and can say that her prices are beyond out of line.

This is the most comparable to what I got eventually and it’s almost €15k, and I paid €3.5k, at a small, no nonsense, old school family run place. Even comparing to the likes of Appleby, Gears etc, they’d charge between €5-6k for something similar.

She deserves to go out of business when she’s basically taking people for mugs.

My ring is also better specifiations to this so the gap in reality is even bigger. I cannot get over the nerve of her charging €15k for a lab grown stone and the colour doesn’t even match the side stones!

#girlboss is nothing but a grifter.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 14

Does it not occur to her that the reason the business is struggling is that she’s trying to rob people blind?

I got engaged recently and chose my own ring. In a savvy enough shopper but wanted to look all over so I could get a baseline on price/value and can say that her prices are beyond out of line.

This is the most comparable to what I got eventually and it’s almost €15k, and I paid €3.5k, at a small, no nonsense, old school family run place. Even comparing to the likes of Appleby, Gears etc, they’d charge between €5-6k for something similar.

My ring is also better specifiations to this so the gap in reality is even bigger. I cannot get over the nerve of her charging €15k for a lab grown stone and the colour doesn’t even match the side stones!

You’re not wrong technically of course but what she is relying on is obviously her brand same as a Chanel bag isn’t worth €4k compared to other bags. Her brand has been pretty successful, I guess it’s for savvy shoppers to look behind marketing hype and some people don’t.

You’re not wrong technically of course but what she is relying on is obviously her brand same as a Chanel bag isn’t worth €4k compared to other bags. Her brand has been pretty successful, I guess it’s for savvy shoppers to look behind marketing hype and some people don’t.
I understand branding but she is hardly Chanel.
You could make that argument if it was working for her, but it’s clearly not as she’s had to make multiple rounds of redundancies and roll back employee benefits.

Plus if I buy a Chanel bag, or a Rolex watch or jewellery from Cartier, I know I’ll be able to resell it in future for a good chunk of my original investment, if not more. There is no such brand equity in Chupi, the ring would be valued on its merits and given the fact she doesn’t even call out the colour or clarity of the stones and they don’t visually match, I can’t image it’s that good!

She’s way over valuing herself. There are very few brands that have that power and Chupi is not one of them. She’s not particularly known outside of Ireland.

I have bought a few bits from her over the years because while there was always a premium, it wasn’t wild like it is now. The rustic style was novel and unique, but now it’s a bit more dated and she’s only upping her prices.

Chanel have waitlists and Chupi have redundancies, says it all really.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I understand branding but she is hardly Chanel.
You could make that argument if it was working for her, but it’s clearly not as she’s had to make multiple rounds of redundancies and roll back employee benefits.

Plus if I buy a Chanel bag, or a Rolex watch or jewellery from Cartier, I know I’ll be able to resell it in future for a good chunk of my original investment, if not more. There is no such brand equity in Chupi, the ring would be valued on its merits and given the fact she doesn’t even call out the colour or clarity of the stones and they don’t visually match, I can’t image it’s that good!

She’s way over valuing herself. There are very few brands that have that power and Chupi is not one of them. She’s not particularly known outside of Ireland.

I have bought a few bits from her over the years because while there was always a premium, it wasn’t wild like it is now. The rustic style was novel and unique, but now it’s a bit more dated and she’s only upping her prices.

Chanel have waitlists and Chupi have redundancies, says it all really.
Yes you’re right.

She did really well during lockdown though and id say her brand has some re sale value in Ireland. She posted a picture of a full DPD van during lockdown full to the brim of tiny pink packages in about 2021 ish (I ordered lamenting from her around that time).

Obviously you don’t re-sell engagement rings so the price of her lab grown rings has always baffled me but I assumed people liked the look/design/brand.

I’m not sure her lower end items are timeless enough for her to remain at her previous levels of sales. I got one of her initials necklaces after my last child was born and I regret it but her brand isn’t exactly my style and I never found initials necklaces I loved.

Reactions: 2
Why did she do so well during lockdown? It seems like a random expense when people had no where to go 🤔 Also, seems like a very bad business move to set up a huge shop if she was doing so well online. Totally agree she is NOT in the same league as the likes of Chanel. I would actually avoid buying jewellery at her high prices as to me it feels more like costume jewellery and would go somewhere more reputable.

Reactions: 3
Her prices were a bit cheaper over covid and i don't think she had discontinued silver at that point (could be wrong on that). They've doubled and tripled price since. I was lookout at wedding rings and the one I loved in 2019 when we first looked was €300 more expensive in 2020 and another €400 now.

Reactions: 4

I’d love to know where you bought if you don’t mind sharing😊 (just incase himself takes a notion lol)

I passed the Chupi shop today around 2pm. Town is really busy and the her shop was deserted.

Reactions: 4
The fake story about the ring found in the woods.....
Definitely something off about that story!! Why on earth can she not go through the sales to track the customer?!

Lolling at her trying to make out she has had 100,000 sales in the last year. And straight onto news outlets to get it viral 🙄🙄🤥🤥

IMG_2883.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Definitely something off about that story!! Why on earth can she not go through the sales to track the customer?!

Lolling at her trying to make out she has had 100,000 sales in the last year. And straight onto news outlets to get it viral 🙄🙄🤥🤥

View attachment 2867802
The 100,000 number also doesn't make sense because she doesn't only sell one ring design? It's tit like this which pisses me off about her. Maybe instead of concentrating on fake stories to get attention she should treat her staff better or look at why she's hemorrhaging money for investors.

Reactions: 15
The 100,000 number also doesn't make sense because she doesn't only sell one ring design? It's tit like this which pisses me off about her. Maybe instead of concentrating on fake stories to get attention she should treat her staff better or look at why she's hemorrhaging money for investors.
Exactly and surely if she has a computer system recording sales she can type in the style of ring - there couldn’t be that many sold.

Also the story about it being found on the romantic windswept mountains of Oirland - would she be posting if it was found in a puddle in Tallaght 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So embarrassed reading some of her comments initially saying she couldn’t look at orders due to GDPR. In this case, it’s fine. It’s also such a specific ring, there can’t be that many sold.

Reactions: 7
Exactly and surely if she has a computer system recording sales she can type in the style of ring - there couldn’t be that many sold.

Also the story about it being found on the romantic windswept mountains of Oirland - would she be posting if it was found in a puddle in Tallaght 😂😂
Acting as if she herself would have to manually scroll back through every single Chupi order 💀

Reactions: 10
Oh right the owner wants to remain anonymous and private. Bit late now. Zero explanation. Chupi even removed her Rte news interview from her page. Chupi wrecks her own brand. She’s an absolute head wreck of a person

Reactions: 2
She needs to grow a thicker skin. 99% of the comments are positive. I have only seen a handful calling it out as a marketing ploy and they are not nasty....just calling out that it seems unlikely and it does make for great marketing.

I hate when businesses or influencers do this and focus on only the negative comments. It makes them look incredibly immature and narcissistic.

Reactions: 10