Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mrs. Relatable at it again in her latest post about fast-fashion and collab with Happy Days Style rental. “I’m going to mark this as an ad”. Proceeds to not use any of the required hashtags to actually mark as an ad from the updated ASAI guidelines 🫠.

Reactions: 3

More layoffs at Chupi. I didnt realise they have been loss making for a couple of years. Have theg ever turned a profit, I wonder?

Also reducing maternity leave benefits isnt very supportive of women's careers now Chupi is it!
Came here to post this! I think they turned a profit before covid but not in recent years? I do wonder if she regrets getting investors in now....

• Wow
They “retired” their gold plated and silver jewellery during/just after Covid which lost them half their customer base. Then they tried to rebrand as high luxury, which flopped because she’s selling poor quality jewellery at an enormous markup. Trying to compete with applebys etc but the quality was never there.

To say the loss is “planned” as they do in that article is typical Chupi - total waffle.

Reactions: 14
They “retired” their gold plated and silver jewellery during/just after Covid which lost them half their customer base. Then they tried to rebrand as high luxury, which flopped because she’s selling poor quality jewellery at an enormous markup. Trying to compete with applebys etc but the quality was never there.

To say the loss is “planned” as they do in that article is typical Chupi - total waffle.
I uaed to worked in the finance team of a company that were in a similiar cycle to her...a few years into operation but needed to take on investors in order to expand. It is a very different industry but no company plans to make a loss so that is ridiculous.

Reactions: 2
Yeah wasn’t anoushka PB in that round of redundancies? I don’t think she worked there for even a year

Reactions: 1
They are investing their money on all the wrong things...like who needs an app for a jewellery shop that you might buy something in occasionally.

Reactions: 6
I'm just baffled as to how they managed to raise €3.8 million of investment when they've had eye watering losses for the past 2 years at least.
That new flagship store is nothing but an ego trip for Chupi. I pass it a few times a week and there's not a sinner in there.

What makes me despair is the commentary on linkedin telling her how brave and inspiring she is after she posted about "the lows in business".
The only reason she had to post this was because it was made public in the media. If that story hadn't broken in the Times, she would have continued with her ridiculous optics of being a successful businesswoman while she haemorrhages cash and staff behind the scenes.

I hate this current sh*t of carefully curated posts about how successful she and her business is. She's not the only one at this - it's nauseating.
Business is tough, there are good days and there are days when you despair. Most people keep their heads down and just plough on but that's not aspirational enough for these chancers. They would really want to cop the f*ck on and grow up.

Reactions: 17
Its all completely for show on Instagram etc. And I know that for a fact. She doesn't pay her staff the proper wage and all the shite online about "women treated equally" "support women in business" she doesn't follow through with that

Reactions: 9
She doesn't pay those who actually make the jewellery a fair wage for their work.
Maybe if she stopped giving away freebies to the insta hun crew she might actually turn a profit.
Crazy loses to be making while at the same time securing investment.

Reactions: 4
‘Planned’ losses of 2m??? 😂 Great businesswoman. Unless she stuffed her pension or something with it. Her boss girl schitck always rots me.

Reactions: 2
Does everything have to be this deep emotive post? Banging on again about how magical and alt her upbringing was and how much she cherishes every waking moment with her sprog after a 4 year wait - every opportunity to drop in her IVF journey and how much she struggled 🫠 🎻

I don’t know if its because I’m so hormonal but Jesus Christ, she is insufferable lately

Reactions: 6