Chronic pain folks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have ME and currently have covid. Still testing a strong positive line on LFT on day 9 and feel very poorly! My daughter also contracted covid and was fine after 48 hours.
Have any of you had covid and how did you manage? Did you find it lasted longer than you expected it to?
I’ve fibromyalgia and had covid. I tested positive for 11 days before I had 2 negative. Really struggled for first 2 weeks now feeling a bit better but not sure if that’s thanks to the antibiotics. Rest was all I could advise and keep fluids up.
Hope your feeling better soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Constipation and dry mouth from amitriptyline 10mg. I'm supposed to increase to 20mg but am concerned it'll worsen these issues. I drink at least 2L water a day, no caffeine, no alcohol, no animal products, plenty of fruit and veg etc.

I guess I'll take out some shares in prunes 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve fibromyalgia and had covid. I tested positive for 11 days before I had 2 negative. Really struggled for first 2 weeks now feeling a bit better but not sure if that’s thanks to the antibiotics. Rest was all I could advise and keep fluids up.
Thanks for replying, sorry to hear you were so poorly. I didn't know you could take antibiotics for covid? Did you just ring your GP and ask after the 10 days?

I haven't had covid. But I am in a neuro rehab hospital and those here who have had covid have been completely wiped out by it and some are suffering some fairly debilitating side effects for months later.

Not much new going on with me but on top of constant pain I am having the worst spasms and tremors. They think it could be caused by one of my meds so playing medicine roulette again.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Constipation and dry mouth from amitriptyline 10mg. I'm supposed to increase to 20mg but am concerned it'll worsen these issues. I drink at least 2L water a day, no caffeine, no alcohol, no animal products, plenty of fruit and veg etc.

My mouth was so dry when I started with Amitriptyline, I’ve been on 50 for a while now and no dry mouth problems anymore.

• Heart
Thanks for replying, sorry to hear you were so poorly. I didn't know you could take antibiotics for covid? Did you just ring your GP and ask after the 10 days?
I rang on day 8 as cough was productive and i had pain when breathing in. Dr said due to cough being productive and occasional temp to have antibiotics

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello to all my chronic pain friends. I have Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, POTS, Fibromyalgia, ME, MCAS, Gastroparesis and various headache issues including icepick headache, hemiplegic migraine and cluster headache.
Hi I also have hEDS and associate issue xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've got an MRI of my whole spine next month. Glad that the appointment has been booked but nervous about being in the machine due to MH conditions.

Managed 3 hours out today doing necessary errands. Paying for it now with hip and wrist pain. Yuck.

Sending love to all of you.

Just about to treat myself to some codeine so I can actually hug my husband as we watch The First 48.

• Heart
I have chronic migraines, fibro, spondyloarthritis / thoracolumbar pain, biceps instability, and so on. I've lost count of my mris, xrays, & other tests. I just had a spinal epidural injection so I'm on rest for three days. It hurts but I'm kind of relieved, because I've been having physical therapy 4x a week and really struggling to keep up with it because of the pain and sheer exhaustion it's causing. I sleep decently thanks to my meds but just wake up exhausted and too fatigued to do anything. I'm tired of my life revolving around dr visits and physical therapy because that is what I have to save my limited energy for but it's just relentless. And it's not improving my pain. So tired of being trapped in my body 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
literally the thread i've needed! feel like i've been invading others a bit bc symptoms that have been brushed off as 'just part of xyz' in the past have been getting worse so have been convincing myself something else is wrong.

i've got hashimoto's thyroiditis, cfs, chronic pain (nerves joints etc), pcos and migraines. my rosacea is pretty bad too, flares at the same time as my pain. got diagnosed when i was 14 so had a bit of a time but i'm definitely in a better place than i was six years ago! meds i'm on are levothyroxine, amitriptyline, pregabalin, double progesterone pill (recently switched from provera) and sumatriptan

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sending love to you all. So glad this thread exists too!
My brother died suddenly in November last year and my ME has been really bad at times since. Its nice to have a little corner of tattle to vent on!

• Heart
My brother died suddenly in November last year and my ME has been really bad at times since. Its nice to have a little corner of tattle to vent on!
I'm really sorry for your loss x

literally the thread i've needed! feel like i've been invading others a bit bc symptoms that have been brushed off as 'just part of xyz' in the past have been getting worse so have been convincing myself something else is wrong.

i've got hashimoto's thyroiditis, cfs, chronic pain (nerves joints etc), pcos and migraines. my rosacea is pretty bad too, flares at the same time as my pain. got diagnosed when i was 14 so had a bit of a time but i'm definitely in a better place than i was six years ago! meds i'm on are levothyroxine, amitriptyline, pregabalin, double progesterone pill (recently switched from provera) and sumatriptan
That sounds really rough, though I'm glad to hear things are a bit better now

I have chronic migraines, fibro, spondyloarthritis / thoracolumbar pain, biceps instability, and so on. I've lost count of my mris, xrays, & other tests. I just had a spinal epidural injection so I'm on rest for three days. It hurts but I'm kind of relieved, because I've been having physical therapy 4x a week and really struggling to keep up with it because of the pain and sheer exhaustion it's causing. I sleep decently thanks to my meds but just wake up exhausted and too fatigued to do anything. I'm tired of my life revolving around dr visits and physical therapy because that is what I have to save my limited energy for but it's just relentless. And it's not improving my pain. So tired of being trapped in my body 😩
I hear you. I'm so sorry that you're going through this x

I've got an MRI of my whole spine next month. Glad that the appointment has been booked but nervous about being in the machine due to MH conditions.

Managed 3 hours out today doing necessary errands. Paying for it now with hip and wrist pain. Yuck.

Sending love to all of you.

Just about to treat myself to some codeine so I can actually hug my husband as we watch The First 48.
I hope that the codeine helped x

I haven't had covid. But I am in a neuro rehab hospital and those here who have had covid have been completely wiped out by it and some are suffering some fairly debilitating side effects for months later.

Not much new going on with me but on top of constant pain I am having the worst spasms and tremors. They think it could be caused by one of my meds so playing medicine roulette again.
OH that sounds utterly vile, I'm so sorry x

Are you Jack Monroe? 😂

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Sorry for your loss x

• Heart
Hi guys, I hope you are all coping ok today ❤.

I'm wondering if anyone is getting passed from pillar to post like I am at the moment with doctors and hospital? Or if anyone has any advise if this happened to them before?
I feel like I'm losing my mind at the moment, in a cycle of pain and exhaustion but I can't sleep.
Feel that people are tired of me at this stage, sometimes I just want to give out or have a rant without being given advice and quizzed.

• Heart

I'm wondering if anyone is getting passed from pillar to post like I am at the moment with doctors and hospital? Or if anyone has any advise if this happened to them before?
I feel like I'm losing my mind at the moment, in a cycle of pain and exhaustion but I can't sleep.
Feel that people are tired of me at this stage, sometimes I just want to give out or have a rant without being given advice and quizzed.
Yes definitely. Sending massive hugs as that sounds incredibly hard. Are there any groups for your condition which might be able to offer some direction, or can we help at all?

Felt like this for a long time, people just don’t understand how hard mentally it is. Sending you lots of love and support. 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks so much, sending back love and support too ❤ ❤

I don't actually know what I have but its coming up on 6 years since I had a pain free day.
I'm on duloxetine for nerve pain, literally my whole body hurts and any pressure like if I bump into something it feels like a deep stab. Also have joint pain in fingers, wrists, hips and knees.

• Heart
Reactions: 3