Chronic pain folks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello 👋
I have Crohn’s disease and recently been diagnosed with severe endometriosis, so thought this thread would suit me well!

Nice to know I’m not alone ❤

I’m also wondering whether I have fibromyalgia too… I’ve heard it can be linked with endo. I’m 29 and feel I have joints of an 80 year old!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello 👋
I have Crohn’s disease and recently been diagnosed with severe endometriosis, so thought this thread would suit me well!

Nice to know I’m not alone ❤

I’m also wondering whether I have fibromyalgia too… I’ve heard it can be linked with endo. I’m 29 and feel I have joints of an 80 year old!
Hope you feel better soon .

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi folks, what are your main problems with fibromyalgia?

Fatigue / Insomnia
Extreme pain
Over sensitivity - skin, feet, hands changes daily
Over sensitivity to temperature
Difficult mobility

There are more xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So glad I found this thread. I'm really struggling and have been for about 6 months. I've had chronic pain for 10 years and I've worked really hard to manage it and stay positive but I'm finding it harder and harder. Stress seems to completely almost paralyse me. I did some gentle Pilates yesterday and today had been a complete write off. Every joint, muscle, even my eyes hurt. No one seems to want to hear it anymore so I just don't tell anyone how bad I feel at times 😣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
So glad I found this thread. I'm really struggling and have been for about 6 months. I've had chronic pain for 10 years and I've worked really hard to manage it and stay positive but I'm finding it harder and harder. Stress seems to completely almost paralyse me. I did some gentle Pilates yesterday and today had been a complete write off. Every joint, muscle, even my eyes hurt. No one seems to want to hear it anymore so I just don't tell anyone how bad I feel at times 😣
It’s awful as because they can’t see anything there must be nothing wrong. My rheumatologist said to do gentle exercise for 10 mins as longer can bring on symptoms.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi all. I'm undergoing tests with rheumatology at the moment. My GP referred me as I have a raised rheumatoid factor and inflammation marker. I had xrays of my hands, wrists, feet and chest last week along with more blood and urine tests. I am in constant pain and find it hard to eat due to jaw swelling. I've been put on a low dose of amitriptyline and can increase gradually while I wait for results. I have neuropathy in my legs so I hope it helps. I'm waiting for an MRI of my spine too because the pain there is horrendous. I cried with relief when I was referred.

Sending love to all. I never thought I'd actually want a diagnosis.

Random new symptom started at the weekend, back spasms! Not ideal when they just start when walking round the supermarket! Does anyone else get these and have any coping tips?
I get back spasms and buttock. New to me too but wanted to say you're not alone. Horrid sensation

Reactions: 2
Hi all. I'm undergoing tests with rheumatology at the moment. My GP referred me as I have a raised rheumatoid factor and inflammation marker. I had xrays of my hands, wrists, feet and chest last week along with more blood and urine tests. I am in constant pain and find it hard to eat due to jaw swelling. I've been put on a low dose of amitriptyline and can increase gradually while I wait for results. I have neuropathy in my legs so I hope it helps. I'm waiting for an MRI of my spine too because the pain there is horrendous. I cried with relief when I was referred.

Sending love to all. I never thought I'd actually want a diagnosis.

I get back spasms and buttock. New to me too but wanted to say you're not alone. Horrid sensation

Sending you big gentle hugs from me xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Likewise to you all, all the same symptoms. I am on Methotrexate apart from loose stools on the day I take it, it has been really good for me. Sending best wishes to you all. X

• Heart
Good luck 🤞🏼
Thank you :) Nurse was so lovely. She's going to make me an appointment to see an occupational therapist for my hands and is going to make sure my next appointment is face to face. Inflammatory markers are down a bit too :)

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

• Heart
Hello to all my chronic pain friends. I have Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, POTS, Fibromyalgia, ME, MCAS, Gastroparesis and various headache issues including icepick headache, hemiplegic migraine and cluster headache.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just wanted to jump on and say hi. I've been diagnosed with long covid and finally have been referred to the Chronic Fatigue Team. Its got to the point where it is really affecting my life. I work full time and by the time i finish work I struggle to function. I cried in the shower because it took too much energy to shave my legs and wash my hair. I just want to feel normal again. I get a good 8 hours sleep at night and wake up and feel like i've been up all night.

The other day i went to a supermarket and carried a not too heavy bag but my wrist hasn't stopped aching since!!!

• Heart
Just wanted to jump on and say hi. I've been diagnosed with long covid and finally have been referred to the Chronic Fatigue Team. Its got to the point where it is really affecting my life. I work full time and by the time i finish work I struggle to function. I cried in the shower because it took too much energy to shave my legs and wash my hair. I just want to feel normal again. I get a good 8 hours sleep at night and wake up and feel like i've been up all night.

The other day i went to a supermarket and carried a not too heavy bag but my wrist hasn't stopped aching since!!!
Hi Pinkpascal, I really understand where you're coming from. My husband has CFS & I have Multiple Sclerosis. The fatigue is debilitating. Regarding the shower, you should have a look in Argos/Amazon for a shower chair. I was too weak to stand in the shower & would often pass out so I got 1 & OMG it is a life saver! They are a bit expensive but def worth the money bc it is used so often & just makes things so much easier & safer. Hopefully it could help you too.

Hi Pinkpascal, I really understand where you're coming from. My husband has CFS & I have Multiple Sclerosis. The fatigue is debilitating. Regarding the shower, you should have a look in Argos/Amazon for a shower chair. I was too weak to stand in the shower & would often pass out so I got 1 & OMG it is a life saver! They are a bit expensive but def worth the money bc it is used so often & just makes things so much easier & safer. Hopefully it could help you too.
I'll definitely look into one of those chairs. I'm just so exhausted all the time. I was trying to explain something to a customer the other day and my brain went blank. Couldn't even remember what the item I was holding was called!!! Felt like a right idiot.

Luckily my boss is really understanding and has said I need to take regular breaks but I just feel like i'm taking the piss. I've never slacked at work and today I've spent most of the day sat on a footstool because I don't have the energy to stand up. I'm supposed to be tidying and dusting the displays but I've done nothing at all and I feel awful about it.

• Heart
I have ME and currently have covid. Still testing a strong positive line on LFT on day 9 and feel very poorly! My daughter also contracted covid and was fine after 48 hours.
Have any of you had covid and how did you manage? Did you find it lasted longer than you expected it to?

I have scoliosis. I underwent surgery many years ago to install a metal rod on my spine to correct my posture. Now I’m stuck with this metal rod forever. It doesn’t hurt whatsoever but my back gets sore from time to time. Either standing, lying down or even sitting for long period of time kills my back.

Reactions: 1