Chronic pain folks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got my PIP renewal form through today 😔 nothing has changed, got worse if anything and Im struggling to even think about it as I hate the fight.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Random new symptom started at the weekend, back spasms! Not ideal when they just start when walking round the supermarket! Does anyone else get these and have any coping tips?
Yes. I found that heat helps my back spasms so hot showers, hot water bottles. I use CBD balm, with prescribed meds and medical cannabis to help too.

Got my PIP renewal form through today 😔 nothing has changed, got worse if anything and Im struggling to even think about it as I hate the fight.
Sending massive hugs. It's such a punitive system.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes. I found that heat helps my back spasms so hot showers, hot water bottles. I use CBD balm, with prescribed meds and medical cannabis to help too.

Sending massive hugs. It's such a punitive system.
Thank you. Im really hoping the fact im now under mental health will help me with this but you just never know.

• Heart
Does chronic, life-ruining menstrual issues count? I get such heavy periods I'm bedridden sometimes for several days and the pain is soul destroying. Got a history of painful, complicated issues with lady things in my family so it seems to be something I inherited. I pray for menopause every day, as luckily I knew early in life having children wasn't for me.

It's total living hell every month, and even worse is I have PMDD which is a really extreme form of PMS that has led to suicide in cases.

Doctors have generally been useless, so I do what I can. Mostly just be grateful that thanks to a very understanding mother I am able to stay at home and don't have to deal with worrying about keeping in work, although I want more than anything to be well enough to function and not live below the poverty line. I am fearful for getting nearer my forties as I hear stuff like this medical issue can get even worse with age.

• Heart
Does chronic, life-ruining menstrual issues count? I get such heavy periods I'm bedridden sometimes for several days and the pain is soul destroying. Got a history of painful, complicated issues with lady things in my family so it seems to be something I inherited. I pray for menopause every day, as luckily I knew early in life having children wasn't for me.

It's total living hell every month, and even worse is I have PMDD which is a really extreme form of PMS that has led to suicide in cases.

Doctors have generally been useless, so I do what I can. Mostly just be grateful that thanks to a very understanding mother I am able to stay at home and don't have to deal with worrying about keeping in work, although I want more than anything to be well enough to function and not live below the poverty line. I am fearful for getting nearer my forties as I hear stuff like this medical issue can get even worse with age.
Sending you much love, that sounds hideous. Xx

• Heart
Osteoporosis sufferer here. Not great

Can I ask to fibromyalgia sufferers, have you had the covid vaccine and what we’re the side effects, if any?

• Heart

Can I ask to fibromyalgia sufferers, have you had the covid vaccine and what we’re the side effects, if any?
I had 2 x AstraZeneca and a Pfizer booster. Zero side effects for me thankfully, and it didn’t cause my most recent flare up (latest flare started at Christmas and my booster jab was beginning of November)

• Heart
Fibro, long covid & other neurological issues, aided and abetted b PTSD, severe anxiety ànd depression. I've been in flare since Christmas, the pain is horrific, my sleeping is mad. Ooh its so much fun xxxx

• Heart
Just saw this thread, I’ll be taking a seat 🙈. 6 years I’ve been in chronic pain now, it’s hard but I find overall I can cope with it better now, like I’m mentally stronger than I was at the start x

• Heart

Ive had all 3 and it didnt effect my fibro. Got a slight temperature with my first but that was all.

• Heart
Thank you my love! Will have a read. I’m Crohn’s and arthritis and currently in hospital with an anal fissure which is quite possibly the most painful experience of my life. Anticipating surgery as nil by mouth. Waiting for blood results and surgical team opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you my love! Will have a read. I’m Crohn’s and arthritis and currently in hospital with an anal fissure which is quite possibly the most painful experience of my life. Anticipating surgery as nil by mouth. Waiting for blood results and surgical team opinion
Did this come on suddenly? Oh i’m so sorry i wish i could give you a big hug, please do let me know what the surgical team say & what your results are x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Did this come on suddenly? Oh i’m so sorry i wish i could give you a big hug, please do let me know what the surgical team say & what your results are x
i will do. Started on 27 dec thought it was piles and been getting increasingly bad. Went to dr today and just sort of escalated. Am in right place though as feel horrendous

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Awaiting surgery for Myelopathy. I have been in pain for almost two years. Had every test, meds, acupuncture. Then in October I had a scan on my neck and have been diagnosed two weeks ago with myelopathy. For people who don’t know my discs are pressing down onto my spinal cord and it is very urgent so I am booked in for February. Oh m extremely scared guys and wondering if anyone or knows anyone who has been through this operation? 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I’ve fibromyalgia and had all 3 jabs. Under arm uncomfortable for a day or so but nothing else

Hi fibromyalgia sufferer her, parking up to be with like minded folk. One thing I have found helps my fibromyalgia is reflexology.

• Heart
I live with chronic pain/neuropathy but am in hospital now (have been since July) so get all the good drugs and things are kind of OK, well I'd like to be at home but can't win 'em all.

@No username was taken I haven't had that surgery myself but it completely changed over of my good friend's lives. Once she recovered from the surgery she went from being unable to stand upright and walk without leaning on the wall to having her mobility back. I hope everything goes well for you.

• Heart