Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AspenMarvin

The exhaustion is destroying me at the moment. I’ve been in bed for 3 days, struggling to get to the bathroom that’s less than 10 steps away. I really need help and can’t get a doctor to assist 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8

Marmaladethecat

So glad I found this thread. I'm really struggling and have been for about 6 months. I've had chronic pain for 10 years and I've worked really hard to manage it and stay positive but I'm finding it harder and harder. Stress seems to completely almost paralyse me. I did some gentle Pilates yesterday and today had been a complete write off. Every joint, muscle, even my eyes hurt. No one seems to want to hear it anymore so I just don't tell anyone how bad I feel at times 😣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
literally the thread i've needed! feel like i've been invading others a bit bc symptoms that have been brushed off as 'just part of xyz' in the past have been getting worse so have been convincing myself something else is wrong.

i've got hashimoto's thyroiditis, cfs, chronic pain (nerves joints etc), pcos and migraines. my rosacea is pretty bad too, flares at the same time as my pain. got diagnosed when i was 14 so had a bit of a time but i'm definitely in a better place than i was six years ago! meds i'm on are levothyroxine, amitriptyline, pregabalin, double progesterone pill (recently switched from provera) and sumatriptan

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

BessieB

Sending love to you all. So glad this thread exists too!
My brother died suddenly in November last year and my ME has been really bad at times since. Its nice to have a little corner of tattle to vent on!

• Heart

blackmasque

I have chronic migraines, fibro, spondyloarthritis / thoracolumbar pain, biceps instability, and so on. I've lost count of my mris, xrays, & other tests. I just had a spinal epidural injection so I'm on rest for three days. It hurts but I'm kind of relieved, because I've been having physical therapy 4x a week and really struggling to keep up with it because of the pain and sheer exhaustion it's causing. I sleep decently thanks to my meds but just wake up exhausted and too fatigued to do anything. I'm tired of my life revolving around dr visits and physical therapy because that is what I have to save my limited energy for but it's just relentless. And it's not improving my pain. So tired of being trapped in my body 😩

• Heart

xcupcakex

Hello 👋
I have Crohn’s disease and recently been diagnosed with severe endometriosis, so thought this thread would suit me well!

Nice to know I’m not alone ❤

I’m also wondering whether I have fibromyalgia too… I’ve heard it can be linked with endo. I’m 29 and feel I have joints of an 80 year old!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
Thank you my love! Will have a read. I’m Crohn’s and arthritis and currently in hospital with an anal fissure which is quite possibly the most painful experience of my life. Anticipating surgery as nil by mouth. Waiting for blood results and surgical team opinion

• Heart

patsy_stone

Hoping to revive this thread ❤

Chronic pain for 10 years with a bulging disc in my back. Was told it was not bad enough for any treatment except for "pain management" which was basically roundabout way of telling me to put up with it. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year, had a severe flare up last month followed by near constant back spasms. Chronic sinusitis, I've a deviated septum and had sinus issues all my life. Got COVID in October, now getting severe sinusitis every few weeks. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists, was awaiting a referral to the hand clinic to be told by the rheumatologist it never went through. Currently on Cocodamol, Duloxetine, Baclofen and Fenofexadine, plus frequent antibiotics and steroids. Chronic illness/pain is so isolating, this thread made me feel not quite so alone.

• Heart

123andbreathe

Hi guys, I hope you are all coping ok today ❤.

I'm wondering if anyone is getting passed from pillar to post like I am at the moment with doctors and hospital? Or if anyone has any advise if this happened to them before?
I feel like I'm losing my mind at the moment, in a cycle of pain and exhaustion but I can't sleep.
Feel that people are tired of me at this stage, sometimes I just want to give out or have a rant without being given advice and quizzed.
Felt like this for a long time, people just don’t understand how hard mentally it is. Sending you lots of love and support. 😍😍

• Heart

ronniestigs

fibro girl here, currently in bed with my electric blanket to try and warm up my cold achy bones/joints

• Heart
  • Sad
Does chronic, life-ruining menstrual issues count? I get such heavy periods I'm bedridden sometimes for several days and the pain is soul destroying. Got a history of painful, complicated issues with lady things in my family so it seems to be something I inherited. I pray for menopause every day, as luckily I knew early in life having children wasn't for me.

It's total living hell every month, and even worse is I have PMDD which is a really extreme form of PMS that has led to suicide in cases.

Doctors have generally been useless, so I do what I can. Mostly just be grateful that thanks to a very understanding mother I am able to stay at home and don't have to deal with worrying about keeping in work, although I want more than anything to be well enough to function and not live below the poverty line. I am fearful for getting nearer my forties as I hear stuff like this medical issue can get even worse with age.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Osteoporosis sufferer here. Not great

Can I ask to fibromyalgia sufferers, have you had the covid vaccine and what we’re the side effects, if any?
Ive had all 3 and it didnt effect my fibro. Got a slight temperature with my first but that was all.

• Heart

controlledrage

I’ve been having a fibro flare since Christmas, slept so much and mostly been glued to my heat pad. Solidarity to fellow sufferers, pain of any kind is so shit

• Heart