Christmas! What I’m doing, eating, opening, giving right now!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who puts their tree up before Halloween and not a square inch is left without some sort of decoration plonked on it. They take everything down today, I never could understand it.
Todays the best day of Christmas imo, the chaos is over and you can just pig out and relax. Leftover turkey is better too.
Yep! The turkey sandwiches are in full flow and I couldn’t be happier. House is quieter too, thank goodness

Reactions: 4
I'm upstairs watching a film on my tablet and eating Lindt chocolate orange balls
Husband's friend has had an argument with his other half so he's dropped by ours steaming pissed after spending the last two hours down the pub.

Selfish I know, but I hope he goes soon so we can get our day back.

Reactions: 12
Just awoken from my early evening ‘nap’ and eating Xmas pud slumped on the sofa watching bbc iplayer. Been a quiet and kinda lonely Christmas this year for me so thrilled to have tattle pals to check in with.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve deep cleaned the dishwasher and read two books … living the dream 😂

I’ve still got a fridge full of M&S goodies but hardly any appetite sadly.

Reactions: 6
There’s so much chocolate in this house I’m gonna be eligible to go on that “my 600lb life” programme come New Years

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was at work yesterday, so today will be relaxing and doing a bit of housework, after walking the dogs. Just got another hour of on call to go.

Will probably watch a film later before undoubtedly being saddened by a Boris (haha a typo/my phone changed Boris to Virus) announcement.

One thing I don’t understand in the UK is people considering Christmas over on Boxing Day? I have seen my friend in fb already taking down their tree this morning. What the heck?! I’m my country/background, we celebrate right up to 12th night. When is Christmas “over” for you?

Do you consider Christmas “over” now??
I think it's because people 'start' Christmas wayyyy too early. Most decorations in houses near me have been up since November. Are you in continental Europe? I know someone in Finland and their tree doesn't go up until around the 21st.

Reactions: 1
has anyone tried the orange & mint after eights? they are my absolute winners this year

Reactions: 1
I love the winter spice twix I hope they continue it .
This sounds kinda wrong yet kinda right 🤣

I gave in to the hype and bought those M&S cheese profiteroles and opened them last night……they were absolutely vile. Essentially hot molten Laughing Cow triangles in bland pastry. Chucked the second pack I’d bought into the bin and spent most of last night glued to the loo 🤢

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m trying to sort my sons new stuff out! It’s stressing me out so I’ve gone on a break and eating a packet of mini cheddars. What day is it 🤪

• Haha
Finished a workout at home. Just had a coffee. Probably eat some pigs in blankets left over from yesterday, with some scrambled eggs. Then I'll pop to boots as got a gift card I have had for about 3 months and still haven't used it.

Reactions: 3
I think it's ridiculous the new trend for putting up the tree as early as possible and now also taking it down as early as possible aswell. Just seen on Mumsnet the amount of posts saying they've taken it down on Boxing day or today. So common. Mine only went up a week before xmas and it'll stay up until new years at least

Reactions: 9
I usually banish mine on New Years day I like how clean the house looks without the christmas clutter then I can get a proper clean done .

Id never take my tree down boxing day that's way too early.
I saw a tiktok of a woman taking down her tree christmas night because their kids birthday was the next day and I thought that was odd myself. Mine will stay up to some point during the first week of January when I can be bothered to take it down

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I never put my tree up before the 20th of December, so taking it down on Boxing Day would just be silly, to me. I usually take it down on the 1st of January, or between the 1st and the 5th to ensure it's down by the end of the 12 days of Christmas.

Reactions: 5
I saw a tiktok of a woman taking down her tree christmas night because their kids birthday was the next day and I thought that was odd myself. Mine will stay up to some point during the first week of January when I can be bothered to take it down
This is so extra. She can’t celebrate her daughter birthday with the trees at the background? So crazy.

Reactions: 3