Christmas Watch 2022 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got the house to myself all the lights and candles on snuggled under my blanket with a hot chocolate and home alone on tv. Got a feeling work tomorrow is going to be insanely busy so having a wind down to prepare for it

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Seems like most people are getting over illnesses but anyone else like me and still sick?
Mentally I’m fully in the Christmas spirit but physically I’m just a pile of goo with no voice 😞
Really hoping to get over it soon. Don’t fancy a sad, sick Christmas alone. 🎄 🥺 🎻
I feel like trash too ☹ Hope you’re better for Santa coming xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hope everyone who is under the weather feels better soon. It’s definitely the season for dodging germs.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My little one is back from her dads and the food shopping is done!

Day of resting tomorrow and then Christmas day yay

Reactions: 5
I’m sorry but I can’t believe it’s Christmas Eve tomorrow 🤯 wow we’ve had such a busy but lovely week I’ve just not had a minute. Going to have to stay up late again tonight 🥳. Merry Christmas everyone 🎅🏻❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Spent a lovely day in the kitchen preparing foodie gifts. Also had some visitors which was an unexpected happy surprise.

Had a little cry earlier as I'm missing loved ones and a Christmas song tipped me over. Sending love & hugs to those of you who are grieving, feeling low/unwell and just generally out of sorts. It's good to cry and chat, don't feel alone and always be kind to yourself ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I finished at midday today and i’m off till the 3rd of January without having to use any leave and I am so happy. In previous jobs it’s either been in a theatre so panto season, or like the hunger games trying to get some days off over Christmas and this year I don’t have to use any leave. I’m so happy to be finishing the year in a job I really really like 🥰💙 I have a spa day with my boyfriend tomorrow in central London which is very much needed and then we’ll get a takeaway and watch Christmas films!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just watched a bloke making sticky toffee pudding on a Christmas programme.
Am now pining for one and stomach is rumbling for food.... 😟🍮🙆🤦

I'm cosy wrapped in my duvet watching The Spirit of Christmas. Hallmark movies are such a guilty pleasure but I love them.

Reactions: 2
got an email today to say it had been dispatched and dpd should have it here by the 21st
jinxed myself here, still not delivered. dpd won't let me chase it up online because it's in the system so should turn up eventually. the website basically told me to stop being an impatient cow :LOL: promise i am festive and cheery otherwise

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Anybody else have a mad urge to declutter and clean the house from top to bottom all because Santa is coming 🙈 I didn't give a tit about my cooker tonight whilst making tea but can guarantee it will be gleaming by tonight ready for the 'big day' 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Anybody else have a mad urge to declutter and clean the house from top to bottom all because Santa is coming 🙈 I didn't give a tit about my cooker tonight whilst making tea but can guarantee it will be gleaming by tonight ready for the 'big day' 🤣
Yes always do a big deep clean the week before Xmas. Usually I’d be done by now but I’m 37 weeks pregnant so haven’t been able to do as much. I’ve actually decluttered and reorganised and sorted out every day for the last 6 weeks but still not done 😂 will be cleaning the oven tomorrow while I finish my hospital bag and sort out my daughters room.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was literally just laid here like "what can I go clean for Christmas" haha it's 4am I shouldn't be thinking about that

• Haha
Haha just cleaned the oven. Swept and mopped the floors and I'm about to clean the bathroom. Why are we like this. Worried Santa will judge me 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I was up till 3am wrapping so why do we put this extra cleaning pressure on ourselves. We will be living and eating like pigs all this week then on new year's eve I will do the obligatory strop of 'right, this house is a tit hole, tidy up' so it's ready for the new year 🤣
Hope you enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy @jackieweaver’sauthority and have a smooth birth 💖

• Heart
@My2pWorth thank you! I’m the same, New Year’s Eve its everything comes down and gets cleaned. Hoping he stays in until I can do that. Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas Eve today and not spend it cleaning all day ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes!!! I cleaned my nearly adult sons bedroom whilst he was at work and made it all festive for him (he loved it when he got home 😂), scrubbed the bathroom to within an inch it’s life and gave my shark hoover a bath ready for today 😂😂

I left all my presents to wrap last night and today So my kids would only see Amazon boxes instead of the actual presents. Sat watching Paris in Emily (intentional change of name. Ifykyk) and didn’t realise it was 2:45 by the time I’d done half of the presents 😩 up at 8am to down coffee and continue cleaning and wrapping 😴

had to set reminders for this morning to take meat out of the freezer too otherwise I’d forget and we’d be having just veggies 😂

• Haha
My eldest daughter hates Christmas pud and loves meringue so I always make her some on Christmas Eve to enjoy on the big day.
When I went to make them this morning I realised I had no sugar!
DH had already made 2 Tesco runs today for things I’d forgotten.
I can’t go myself due to recent surgery. His face when I asked him again…..fortunately I did a further root in the cupboard and found castor sugar.
So our marriage is reprieved!

• Heart
Reactions: 9