Christmas Watch 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah they are all family, we have discussed scaling it back this year and only buying proper worthwhile presents, not body wash sets etc. But I’ve worked it out and I’ve still got like over £500 worth of gifts to buy yet
If you’ve discussed scaling back could you do a family secret Santa instead? Rather than buying for everyone but everyone still gets a gift.

Reactions: 2
Well Manchester was absolute manic yesterday 🤯. Me and my husband went For a night away we had evening plans anyway but thought we would do a bit of Christmas shopping and then go to the markets. We lasted all of 15 mins in the Christmas markets it was just wild.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Well Manchester was absolute manic yesterday 🤯. Me and my husband went For a night away we had evening plans anyway but thought we would do a bit of Christmas shopping and then go to the markets. We lasted all of 15 mins in the Christmas markets it was just wild.
London is manic too. I mean, It's nice to see it all busy and normal again, but not many people with actual shopping bags though.

I went to the lights being switched on in Belgravia, all the posh shops were handing out freebies and I got a hug off Santa lol. If any one is popping into town to look at the pretty lights/displays I'd def recommend heading over to Eccleston yard, it's really pretty.

Oh yeah defiantly nice to see it busy. There were so many young young girls dressed in nothing and already drunk by 3pm 🤯. I think it’s best to go in the week if you get the chance.

Reactions: 3
Ordered Baileys with my Tesco delivery tomorrow. Think it’s on clubcard price (£13 for 1l) for a while but thought I’d start getting odd bits in. Now to hide it from my husband so he doesn’t open it 😂

Reactions: 5
I guess it depends on your family & how you feel but I always buy gifts in the sale.
Next, John Lewis and M&S have some really nice things if they’re funny about the shop.

I never spend more than £15/20 per person- kids I spend £10/15 & they still get 2 things to open. And I buy chocolates from Aldi as they have really big chocolate santas for £1 or much cheaper branded boxes of chocolates.
That's pretty much like me - I have all presents done and I think it's been around £200. It's quite easy to buy small, really nice and useful things.

So I got cotton pyjamas, beautiful hardcover books, cutlery, cashmere socks, shortbread etc. If you got onto electronics that would be a different matter!!

• Heart
Does anyone please have any advice how to hang lights outside at Christmas? I don’t really want to have to drill into the brick if I can avoid it. I saw something on google about using a hot glue gun but not sure how secure that would be??

Does anyone please have any advice how to hang lights outside at Christmas? I don’t really want to have to drill into the brick if I can avoid it. I saw something on google about using a hot glue gun but not sure how secure that would be??
My husband uses some kind of clips? Sorry I’m useless at this kind of thing I just leave him to it. He’s putting ours up next Weekend so could have a look then.

• Heart
My husband uses some kind of clips? Sorry I’m useless at this kind of thing I just leave him to it. He’s putting ours up next Weekend so could have a look then.
I saw an influencer Kate Murnane? Showing some gutter clips? In a recent haul

• Heart
I really want to do my Christmas dinner differently this year. I have a rubbish oven And I’m sick of feeling disappointed by our Christmas dinner. I’d still like to do our joint of meat (usually gammon) but would welcome suggestions of something else to do with it. I’m really tempted to simply do gammon sandwiches with stuffing 🤣 Who Says you have to have a full roast for Christmas dinner?!

I really want to do my Christmas dinner differently this year. I have a rubbish oven And I’m sick of feeling disappointed by our Christmas dinner. I’d still like to do our joint of meat (usually gammon) but would welcome suggestions of something else to do with it. I’m really tempted to simply do gammon sandwiches with stuffing 🤣 Who Says you have to have a full roast for Christmas dinner?!
Im having steak 💃

• Heart
Reactions: 5

What about dauphinois potatoes? We are doing these instead of roasties as we have a small oven and timings wouldn’t work. Can prep a day or two in advance, cook the morning of and just warm up before serving

Reactions: 4
What about dauphinois potatoes? We are doing these instead of roasties as we have a small oven and timings wouldn’t work. Can prep a day or two in advance, cook the morning of and just warm up before serving
That's exactly what I', doing, never do a turkey dinner so having fillet steak and dauphinoise potatoes :love:

Order the food in advance from somewhere so you just have to heat it.

Less stress and hours cooking away.

Reactions: 1
Speaking of the lights discussion, how does everyone get power outside? I want lights at the front and we have no outdoor sockets that reach there and it’s impossible to feed any cables through windows and have them still close/not slice the cable in two.

Speaking of the lights discussion, how does everyone get power outside? I want lights at the front and we have no outdoor sockets that reach there and it’s impossible to feed any cables through windows and have them still close/not slice the cable in two.
It’s really surprisingly easy to get outdoor plugs installed, like a few hours of an electrician’s time tops. I’m not sure how long exactly but we are in the midsts of a large outdoors electrics project across land and I’m always amazed at how much progress is made in a day so I’d be amazed if it took >2 hours for one just on a property?

It’s really surprisingly easy to get outdoor plugs installed, like a few hours of an electrician’s time tops. I’m not sure how long exactly but we are in the midsts of a large outdoors electrics project across land and I’m always amazed at how much progress is made in a day so I’d be amazed if it took >2 hours for one just on a property?
Ahh thanks but we rent so not an option, hence looking for creative ways to do it.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.