Christmas spending

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I save about £700 each year with a monthly standing order. That breaks down as approx £200 per child (I have 2) which is all I am prepared to spend on them as they don't want for much all year round. Then about £100-150 on my husband, £100 on presents for my parents and niece. Then the remainder gets sucked up on xmas decs, xmas shite for school, wrapping paper etc.

As I get the presents, my husband buys all the food and booze.

Reactions: 4
I only buy for my husband and his parents … oh and the animals of course😆

I’ve bought my husband a fancy metal wallet with RFID protection. I always buy him a book to read on our annual Xmas holiday too. This year we are going to Jordan.

£70 for the wallet and a book. £1400 for my share of the holiday

His parents don’t really want for much, but his Mum is currently going through cancer treatment and their house has got a bit much for her, understandably, so I’ve organised a cleaning service to do a big deep clean when she goes into hospital next month, and then a cleaner to come weekly for the next year.

£2,000 for the years cleaning service and one off deep clean.

My cats will get the usual array of treats, and I’ve seen a motion activated laser pointer toy that the youngest two will love while we are at work. rabbits have got new beds, and the alpacas have a new football ⚽ because one of them (most likely Lemmy) has burst the old one.

Cats toy is £20 and then about £6 on treats.

Rabbit beds were £30 each x 2

Football for alpacas £15

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You spend £800 on a 6 year old and a 2 year old?!! On what exactly?! You realise a 2 year old doesn’t have any real comprehension of Christmas and won’t even remember any of it….!
That’s madness.
It really is, total madness really.
I don’t even buy Christmas presents for my grandchildren as they get enough from their parents and other relatives, they get a cash gift that I insist their parents put in their savings accounts.
Hopefully they’ll thank me when they turn 18, or maybe they won’t I don’t really mind either way.

Reactions: 1

I’ve bought my husband a fancy metal wallet with RFID protection. I always buy him a book to read on our annual Xmas holiday too. This year we are going to Jordan.

His parents don’t really want for much, but his Mum is currently going through cancer treatment and their house has got a bit much for her, understandably, so I’ve organised a cleaning service to do a big deep clean when she goes into hospital next month, and then a cleaner to come weekly for the next year.

My cats will get the usual array of treats, and I’ve seen a motion activated laser pointer toy that the youngest two will love while we are at work. rabbits have got new beds, and the alpacas have a new football ⚽ because one of them (most likely Lemmy) has burst the old one.

Football for alpacas £15
Come share in the holiday thread what Jordan is like. I've always wanted to go but unsure

Reactions: 3

Football for alpacas £15
can i have lemmy for christmas? 🥺

Found last night on Christmas market leather card holder with RFID protection for amazing 10e 🥰

1 present good to go 😃🎁🐷

My son is almost 2, I’ve got him..

Pyjamas, slippers and a woolly hat- £47
Book- £4
Bath toy- £5
Kinetic sand- £6
Lidl wooden birthday cake- £5
Sticker book-£5

Chocolate buttons- £1

So around roughly £100. I’m worried if I get more, he would get bored of opening presents 🤣
You're so going to regret that:LOL:

Come share in the holiday thread what Jordan is like. I've always wanted to go but unsure
I've got Oman on my list so if you've been there let me know

Football for alpacas £15
Probably the best gift I've seen on here, just lovely

Reactions: 3
The cleaning service is such a lovely and thoughtful gift. The last thing you want to be worrying about during treatment is cleaning the house, and the professionals do a much better job of it anyway!

Reactions: 13
I’ll send him around for a visit shall I ? 😉
He‘s a pain in the arse but gets away with it because he’s handsome in a goofy alpaca kind of way 😍
Sorry I know this is off subject but what do you do with the alpacas when you go on holiday? I’d love some goats but then I’m like who looks after them when I’m away

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry I know this is off subject but what do you do with the alpacas when you go on holiday? I’d love some goats but then I’m like who looks after them when I’m away
We have a pet sitter that lives in our house while we are away. He’s an old colleague of mine that just enjoys the chance to live by the sea for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have 2 children aged 16 and 14. They get around £500 each spent on them but I never really keep a list of what I've spent on who.
We have a xmas savings account that starts in January every year so £30 a week goes straight from our wages in to that pot. It soon adds up and takes the pressure off finding it all in one go .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When the kids were younger it was £100 spend on a few toys and £50 stocking.
Now they want specific items (electronic), that this year, we have spent around £350 for each child. Plus a few day trips out. Will contribute to Xmas food as we are at my dads this year.
stockings have added up too.
Tbh I was horrified spending that much, but I would rather get them what they wanted than £100 of tat and them to be disappointed on Xmas day.
£350 on presents is my limit.

Reactions: 5
The cleaning service is such a wonderful gift and am sure will be greatly appreciated. I ended up booking centre parcs (less than £400 for 4 nights) for my parents for Christmas and me and my daughter will also go so £100 each really. My dad is so hard to buy for and his birthday is 2 days after Christmas so I was glad to think of something he’d enjoy!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The cleaning service is such a wonderful gift and am sure will be greatly appreciated. I ended up booking centre parcs (less than £400 for 4 nights) for my parents for Christmas and me and my daughter will also go so £100 each really. My dad is so hard to buy for and his birthday is 2 days after Christmas so I was glad to think of something he’d enjoy!
Please tell me your trick in finding Centre Parcs for that price?!

I feel guilty for not getting my family as much as I usually would. I’m usually the responsible one to buy for my 4 nephews (their mother is useless & doesn’t get them anything because she spends her money on shite) and this will be the first year I don’t have the £500 that I usually give her (well I take her to the shops and make her buy stuff) and it’s eating at me, I grew up wrapping my own gifts from things I could find around the house I never wanted that for those little kids, but this year I just can’t afford it 😢.. I know it’s not all about money etc but I’m feeling so depressed about it.
I’ve got them pjs and a chocolate treat this year. Haven’t bought for anyone else, simply can’t

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Please tell me your trick in finding Centre Parcs for that price?!
It all depends when you want to go a weeks difference can result in price being £400 or £1200 obv school holidays and summer are much more expensive but we are going last week in September 3 bedroom lodge i don’t choose where it is as that’s extra. We take our own bikes/food etc and just do swimming and bike rides as that’s what we enjoy sometimes hire a boat but it’s all the extras that make it so much more expensive.

Reactions: 2
I feel guilty for not getting my family as much as I usually would. I’m usually the responsible one to buy for my 4 nephews (their mother is useless & doesn’t get them anything because she spends her money on shite) and this will be the first year I don’t have the £500 that I usually give her (well I take her to the shops and make her buy stuff) and it’s eating at me, I grew up wrapping my own gifts from things I could find around the house I never wanted that for those little kids, but this year I just can’t afford it 😢.. I know it’s not all about money etc but I’m feeling so depressed about it.
I’ve got them pjs and a chocolate treat this year. Haven’t bought for anyone else, simply can’t
Think it’s lovely you’ve always looked out for them. How old are the kids?

Maybe you could also do envelopes with coupons for different free things like a trip to the park. One reading a storybook.

• Heart
Reactions: 5