Christmas spending

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I buy “family” gifts for friends ie biscuits/cake etc for all to share
Makes so much sense. Last year when I met up with all of my cousins, we didn't buy for his three kids.

You don't always have to either despite the pressure.

The kids get an incredible amount of toys from other aunts and uncles.

Reactions: 3
I buy for my kids all year so Xmas is hard, ive bought two presents up to now. 😂 my older kids want money to spend in the sales. So I’ll buy a few smaller bits for them. for family kids cos there’s so many it will be a small personalised gift with a bit of money

It’s easy to spend 100s on kids. Not sure how people don’t get it.
We always had huge piles that filled the room growing up so now we do that for our kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It’s easy to spend 100s on kids. Not sure how people don’t get it.
We always had huge piles that filled the room growing up so now we do that for our kids.
I have 2 kids; I’ve never spend “hundreds” of pounds on them for Christmas. They get a present from “Santa” that is usually a “big” present - a bike/games console etc and they get a stocking with a selection of small gifts - small toys, games, jammies, sweeties etc. that’s it. That is more than enough. Anyone spending hundreds of pounds on gifts for a child of 2 isn’t doing so for the child in mind - it’s all for bragging rights and to
Show off. A 2 year old isn’t going to
Remember Christmas and has no concept of money either - they don’t need expensive gifts, that’s is not what christmas is all about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Out of curiosity as someone who doesn’t have kids, what are you buying a 2 year old that costs £800?
He got a swing and slide set for outside that cost around £400 then just a few other bits toys and clothes etc it all adds up surprisingly quickly.

You spend £800 on a 6 year old and a 2 year old?!! On what exactly?! You realise a 2 year old doesn’t have any real comprehension of Christmas and won’t even remember any of it….!
That’s madness.
Why do you have such a problem with what other people choose to spend on their own children? nobody is asking you to foot the bill for it. People are entitled to spend their own money however they wish. This thread is turning into a spending shaming one now.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Things are far more expensive these days. I’ve got my son a couple of presents from Santa and a stocking of small bits and it’s still added up to approx £300.

Reactions: 7
My adult children are 23 and 21. They don't get as much as they used to.
My eldest has been bought my us (me)
Parker pen = £25
Bottle of booze = £20
Chess set = £15
Jumper and tie = £50

Youngest
Trainers = £85
Shoes = £45
Gadget for her laptop phone = £40

They are token gifts and as they get older will get less. My mum and sisters get a F&M biscuit tin and some smellies. In laws get a small hamper. I don't buy for anybody else.

Reactions: 4
He got a swing and slide set for outside that cost around £400 then just a few other bits toys and clothes etc it all adds up surprisingly quickly.

Why do you have such a problem with what other people choose to spend on their own children? nobody is asking you to foot the bill for it. People are entitled to spend their own money however they wish. This thread is turning into a spending shaming one now.
Because spending near on £1000 on presents for a 2 year old child is completely bleeping ridiculous. The child has NO IDEA WHAT CHRISTMAS IS AND WILL NOT REMEMBER ANY OF IT. May aswell set fire to a grand for all the use a thousand pounds worth for gifts for a child of that age is going to be!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Because spending near on £1000 on presents for a 2 year old child is completely bleeping ridiculous. The child has NO IDEA WHAT CHRISTMAS IS AND WILL NOT REMEMBER ANY OF IT. May aswell set fire to a grand for all the use a thousand pounds worth for gifts for a child of that age is going to be!!! 😂😂😂😂😂
You might as well just say you cant afford it and move on🙄this is a thread to post what you spend and anyone spending more than the amount you agree with you jump on them. People can do what they like with their own money and dont have to answer to you👍 This clearly isnt the thread for you as you’re so triggered by what other people do with their own money that they work for.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
You might as well just say you cant afford it and move on🙄this is a thread to post what you spend and anyone spending more than the amount you agree with you jump on them. People can do what they like with their own money and dont have to answer to you👍 This clearly isnt the thread for you as you’re so triggered by what other people do with their own money that they work for.
Agreed, I'm going to spend £400 on each of my dogs just so Betty can have a heart attack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Agreed, I'm going to spend £400 on each of my dogs just so Betty can have a heart attack
Do you❤ At the end of the day everybody has different circumstances, budgets etc. i would never dream of saying to someone spending less than me thats its not enough they have to buy more. Everybody will spend more or less than someone else and thats perfectly fine but nobody has the right to judge.

Reactions: 6
I agree with Betty that for me, £800 seems a hell of a lot to spend on a 2 year old.

However - they're your kids and if you've got the money, then who are we to judge? What you choose to spend your money on is your business.

Reactions: 9
I agree with Betty that for me, £800 seems a hell of a lot to spend on a 2 year old.

However - they're your kids and if you've got the money, then who are we to judge? What you choose to spend your money on is your business.
Yeah like if idiots want to waste vast sums of money on presents for children who won’t appreciate them or remember them that’s their choice but I’m allowed to have an opinion on it and express that opinion.
Christmas isn’t about what you spend. For kids, it’s the magic of Christmas that they will remember, that’s more important than wasting money on loads of presents that won’t be remembered.

Yeah like if idiots want to waste vast sums of money on presents for children who won’t appreciate them or remember them that’s their choice but I’m allowed to have an opinion on it and express that opinion.
Christmas isn’t about what you spend. For kids, it’s the magic of Christmas that they will remember, that’s more important than wasting money on loads of presents that won’t be remembered.
Theres a difference between having an opinion and calling people morons or idiots because they dont agree with you? You dont get to dictate whats a magical christmas for other families. Bet your real fun at parties tho hun glad your not invited to mines anyway😘.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My son is almost 2, I’ve got him..

Pyjamas, slippers and a woolly hat- £47
Book- £4
Bath toy- £5
Kinetic sand- £6
Lidl wooden birthday cake- £5
Sticker book-£5
Musical instrument set- £25
Chocolate buttons- £1

So around roughly £100. I’m worried if I get more, he would get bored of opening presents 🤣

Reactions: 12
I spend £300 each on my children six of them
£50 each on in laws
And £20 each on sil kids

Reactions: 2

Book- £4
Bath toy- £5
Kinetic sand- £6
Sticker book-£5
Chocolate buttons- £1

So around roughly £100. I’m worried if I get more, he would get bored of opening presents 🤣
I think that is a great selection. from experience I know children love anything that makes noise 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
£800 is a lot for a two year old BUT if you have the money than that's up to the individual.

Book- £4
Bath toy- £5
Kinetic sand- £6
Sticker book-£5
Chocolate buttons- £1

My in laws went batshit crazy on my eldest for her first Christmas. She was really overwhelmed and it took days for us to open them all. What you're doing is wonderful.