Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Family always ask me for gift inspiration, which is good as people get things they like rather than generic tat. However what I'm going through right now is husband totally in love with new jacket his dad bought him.....that I picked (sent the link and everything) and I want to say but I picked that... me me me!👋

Same with the youngest, gave out a lego set idea to aunt, course this is the one that is her absolute favourite and aunt happily basks in the glory.

Feel an awful person now i type this wanting all the credit 😆 next year I must save the good ideas for myself so can wallow in smug gift giving glory.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Family always ask me for gift inspiration, which is good as people get things they like rather than generic tat. However what I'm going through right now is husband totally in love with new jacket his dad bought him.....that I picked (sent the link and everything) and I want to say but I picked that... me me me!👋

Same with the youngest, gave out a lego set idea to aunt, course this is the one that is her absolute favourite and aunt happily basks in the glory.

Feel an awful person now i type this wanting all the credit 😆 next year I must save the good ideas for myself so can wallow in smug gift giving glory.
I actually hate when that happens, especially if the gifts I’ve ended up giving aren’t as loved, so I save the best ideas for myself 🤣 there’s nothing wrong with wanting the credit at all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
So when I buy for children, I tend to ask parents what they are into / what they would like, just to make sure I don’t buy any old crap or something they already have. With my son nobody asked us this year and he has ended up with the same Lego mario set 3 times. Once from us as he asked for it, once from my brother and once from my fellas family. Am I being unreasonable to expect them to ask me if he already has it? Or what we’d got him. I know we can return them and swap for a different set but it’s hassle that I cba for. I’d just have preferred communication!
This reminds me of a story my dad always tells at Christmas - one year when my siblings and I were too young to read, my parents left out a list of exactly what they were going to buy us for Christmas. It sat around for a few weeks whilst they bought, and then hid, everything.

Well, my relatives came round to visit and took it upon themselves to buy everything off that list. 😐

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I actually hate when that happens, especially if the gifts I’ve ended up giving aren’t as loved, so I save the best ideas for myself 🤣 there’s nothing wrong with wanting the credit at all!
😂😂😂 it’s a big birthday for
My mum In feb and I nearly fell over when my brother offered to go halves with the newest Fitbit for our mum (he never gifts her and her last Fitbit was like the oldest and is broken but she still wears it as she feels lost without 😂). Anyway I’m organised and he was being so protective like no I’LL order it I pressed why he was being weird over who ordered it and turns out he only wanted to do a buy now pay next year jobby (not judging but he’s pretty well off lol) so I bought it myself and now I’ll take the full credit 🙃🤪😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Other half - been with him for two years... usually doesn’t get me anything for Christmas or the day before will be like here’s my card etc so this year he asked for a list of ideas, thought how lovely. Was quite specific. Bath pillow, white trainers, black chunky ankle boots, even attached images. (He asked me too)
Books - sent him a full list of books I’d like because my original list of ideas was good enough. You’d think he’d know me well enough really....
he goes on for the whole of December about all these presents he’s got me, he’s out done himself blah blah

he ordered it all on the 22nd because the email confirmation came to my email 😂

I got turquoise trainers and fawn lace up timbalands... I don’t wear fawn/brown boots. I’d previously bought myself dr martens in butterscotch and sent them back even though I loved them because I just wear black more often.
I asked for the trainers to wear with dresses and skirts so turquoise doesn’t go with anything that I wanted them for and I’m not a huge trainer person; not like proper trainers. The timbalands are lovely, I’m not slating peoples choices but the couldn’t be more NOT my taste.
ive never worn lace up boots, instead quite vocal that I don’t like them on me.
I know I sound ungrateful but he’s wasted £200 on things I really really don’t like or would ever wear and I’d rather have not got anything.

I put so much thought into his gifts and then he couldn’t of got things more opposite to what I am, wear or would feel comfortable in.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Could have written this. I gave MIL a nerf gun to gift which I knew my son would love so he didn't end up with tit. Its his favourite present out of everything. I wish I had given it to him myself 😩🤣

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Could have written this. I gave MIL a nerf gun to gift which I knew my son would love so he didn't end up with tit. Its his favourite present out of everything. I wish I had given it to him myself 😩🤣
I make Amazon wish lists for our children to avoid this.. and they still get utter crap they’d never play with. Why waste money.

Reactions: 6
I make Amazon wish lists for our children to avoid this.. and they still get utter crap they’d never play with. Why waste money.
My MIL has bought 3 same presents we had already bought for our child, she knew as well as she called my partner while in the shop saying she was getting X Y Z, he said not to as we had already bought them. Well she bought them anyway and still gifted them at Christmas?
On opening she went oh I think you already have these how funny!

is it funny or just plain weird and pointless?!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My SIL fucks me off. Majority of gifts I can ever remember receiving from her are random and incongruous. For my birthday last year she bought me shampoo/conditioner, a candle and a massive bag of bath salts. We don’t have a bath in our house. It was quite clearly a bunch of stuff she had either grabbed in TKMaxx or had regifted onwards. Would have rather had a bottle of wine.
For her birthday last year I bought her a beautiful Neom Organics gift set, it cost about £40 and I specifically chose it as she had been stressed with various life events and had told me not long before her birthday how having baths was helping her to relax. Clearly wasn’t appreciated and she thought I had similarly gone and bought her some random bath tit.

Xmas this year she and BiL didn’t do gifts as they didn’t have the money allegedly. Not arsed as if have to fake liking some random stuff she had put no thought into but I thought it was very rude to stay at her in laws for Christmas and not even bring a gift for my poor hard working MIL who catered for everyone and even let them bring their stinky dog. SIL also let slip what she got her own sister for Xmas so clearly it was just one side of her family she couldn’t afford gifts for
What a cow to do that to your MIL and her partners as bad because its his Mum. Could your boyfriend have a word with his brother? Its really selfish what they have done. I'd be fuming if I was hosting them.

Reactions: 5
I have an Amazon wish list for me and my son. My BIL ignores it and buys him a light up gun. KILL ME.

my mum bought my son an Alexa; originally this was my idea as he likes to listen to music and cbeebies radio (🥺) but she got it instead. In the time of her buying it to today, he is now scared of Alexa and won’t talk to her. Great.

I got a new mum gift set from my mil, bearing in mind my children are much older now like 21,14. So the stretch mark oil and new mum items will come in so useful 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I have an Amazon wish list for me and my son. My BIL ignores it and buys him a light up gun. KILL ME.

my mum bought my son an Alexa; originally this was my idea as he likes to listen to music and cbeebies radio (🥺) but she got it instead. In the time of her buying it to today, he is now scared of Alexa and won’t talk to her. Great.
That broke my heart that he is scared of her, but is also kind of sweet 💔🥲 how old is he?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
That broke my heart that he is scared of her, but is also kind of sweet 💔🥲 how old is he?
he’s 4.5yrs! He has a speech impairment and a stammer (which is getting better!) so I think he asked her a question and stammered, and she interrupted him. He likes asking her to spell his name, count to 100 (😩) and turn the light on at bedtime, haha!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My
he’s 4.5yrs! He has a speech impairment and a stammer (which is getting better!) so I think he asked her a question and stammered, and she interrupted him. He likes asking her to spell his name, count to 100 (😩) and turn the light on at bedtime, haha!
great niece turns her off at night, says she’s weird for just talking without being asked and she does know anything anyway . She’s the same age as your son .

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My

great niece turns her off at night, says she’s weird for just talking without being asked and she does know anything anyway . She’s the same age as your son .
my son will turn it off, and then tell me Alexa has a sore throat and lost her voice 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You can apply to turn your digital card into physical cards in €50 multiples. Not sure if you can do that & go to a shop in person to buy the converse & use it that way?
Because my employer purchased One4All digital (A business-to-business product separate from consumer-facing One4All), I'm limited to using it online or loading it to the dodgy app with all 1 star reviews 😭

We have love2shop vouchers which sound the same, I got a £40 one from work. Must be different here as I used I think it was a £200 one maybe even a £300 one last year to put towards buying my iPhone.
Due to money laundering laws from the European Union, we can only spend €50 a go on these cards. This wouldn't apply to physical card but as I mentioned to poster above, they won't let you exchange for physical cards. It's a load of nonsense :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m still bitter that despite my son getting the laptop he asked for (very politely and his letter to Santa was “or” between request rather than “and” plus he asked for certain things for his sisters he’s a really lovely little boy) the only gift he tells anyone he got is the sodding £1.50 yo-yo 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ah bless him, I hope he makes friends with her again soon ♥ My son is the same age and told his teacher 'Alexa is a robot who is in our family' I'd never heard of cbeebies radio so will be trying that today, thankyou!

My mum asked what I wanted and to send her a link to buy it as she does every year...so I sent her a link of a handbag I wanted as my old handbag was so welp used it literally fell apart. I am quite picky and it took me ages to find the specific one that I wanted.

Christmas day comes and I unwrap a totally different handbag, the only thing similar between the two was the colour. Its not my style and I won't use it. So I now have a handbag that won't get used, and I have buy a new handbag that I will use.

Why ask me to send the link if you weren't going to get that one?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My mum asked what I wanted and to send her a link to buy it as she does every year...so I sent her a link of a handbag I wanted as my old handbag was so welp used it literally fell apart. I am quite picky and it took me ages to find the specific one that I wanted.

Christmas day comes and I unwrap a totally different handbag, the only thing similar between the two was the colour. Its not my style and I won't use it. So I now have a handbag that won't get used, and I have buy a new handbag that I will use.

Why ask me to send the link if you weren't going to get that one?
Maybe she couldn't find it and thought the one she got was similar?

Could you return the handbag she bought you and exchange it? Alternatively sell it and use the money towards the one you want?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.