Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys I’m loving all this Christmas chat.

Just wondering if anyone’s ever bought any advent calendars (the ££ beauty type ones) and has any suggestions for this year. Thinking about treating myself. Also are the ones aimed at kids worth it or should I just stick to good old chocolate?
I had a Cult Beauty one a few years ago and it was amazing! So many decent sized beauty products😍 If I get myself a beauty calendar I also get a chocolate one so why not treat yourself to both🤗 it is Christmas after all😉🎄
---
The tubes of chocolates (Smarties, rolos, white choc buttons etc) have gone up to £1.35.
That’s disgusting, you can’t get anything for a pound anymore🤦🏻‍♀️ had enough of this world🤣

Reactions: 6
Wow I can’t believe we’re in September next week 🤯 absolute madness!! It just seems like last week when it was last years Christmas chat 🤣

Reactions: 11
I don't think the chocolate tubes were £1 last year, I'm sure they'd gone up to £1.25. That said, if you hold on, places like Home Bargains had a 2 for £1 offer on some of them so hopefully they will again.

M&S we’re starting to get their Xmas stock in and The White Company had their winter candles and some Xmas stuff in. I resisted the urge as it’d just be put away for months, I want to buy and enjoy straight away

Reactions: 5
I don't think the chocolate tubes were £1 last year, I'm sure they'd gone up to £1.25. That said, if you hold on, places like Home Bargains had a 2 for £1 offer on some of them so hopefully they will again.
Yes I think you are right they were £1.25.

Reactions: 3
My nieces birthday is end of September and she’s asked for a Christmas themed birthday 🤣 She wants the tree up, Christmas dinner the lot for her 8th birthday, what a dream

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
M&S we’re starting to get their Xmas stock in and The White Company had their winter candles and some Xmas stuff in. I resisted the urge as it’d just be put away for months, I want to buy and enjoy straight away
Girl, life is too short to not use “best” things. Light that damn candle.

Reactions: 20
Sad but true, I buy Xmas toilet roll and kitchen roll from M&S every year, as my mum and Aunt always did, and it’s like a weird family tradition. I keep checking but haven’t seen it in any of my locals yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
On posh advent calendars: I wish diptyque did a smaller version of theirs as >20 candles is just obscene, even if it was like 1 full sized candle a week rather than all the minis? Have found a Japanese pen calendar which looks brill so will probs get that instead!

About to start my annual research spiral into stockings, I’ve never liked anything enough to pull the trigger but need to as this year’s the first my LO is old enough to truly get it.

Does anyone use those cloth advent cals? I’d like something my LO can have forever, a quick google search and they seem to be dominated by the sad beige baby aesthetic! I want something retro 80s Christmas kitsch!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I bought my first Christmas presents while on holiday last week! Also been looking at Christmas jumpers on vinted ha.

Does anyone use those cloth advent cals? I’d like something my LO can have forever, a quick google search and they seem to be dominated by the sad beige baby aesthetic! I want something retro 80s Christmas kitsch!
I have a Boden fabric advent calendar that is really bright, they usually bring them out every year or you might find it on vinted. It was £75 though 🫠 but I saw it as an investment for my little one to start a tradition.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I bought my first Christmas presents while on holiday last week! Also been looking at Christmas jumpers on vinted ha.

I have a Boden fabric advent calendar that is really bright, they usually bring them out every year or you might find it on vinted. It was £75 though 🫠 but I saw it as an investment for my little one to start a tradition.
Omg yes this is exactly the vibe I’m after thank you!! Sadly looks as if they’re not currently selling one, will keep an eye on their site/set alerts on resale platforms! 🤞

And same re memories - I don’t have anything from my childhood (but have bought stuff from Vinted/Facebook communities to plug the hole in the soul!) so want her to have lots of stuff she loves from childhood!

Reactions: 2
Girl, life is too short to not use “best” things. Light that damn candle.
hahaha I’m gonna get the autumn scent first to get me in the mood

For anyone who likes Xmas scents and hasn’t smelt the white company winter scent, I would 100% recommend. Smelt it for the first time yesterday and it’s unreal, it’ll be the first time getting a fancy candle but Iove autumn and Xmas scents and I just got a new job so it’ll be a treat to myself

Reactions: 12
I got a hideously overpriced metal advent calendar part of the lm from America shipped over so I fill that with a tin of quality street normally. I’ll get my little one the playmobil one this year. I am known for going totally overboard but can’t help it! Just booked Disney on ice they only had Christmas Eve left for good seats but suppose it won’t be a late night as starts at 2.30pm (2 hour drive home) Santa grotto at local zoo, light walk at local national trust house just the Audley end Christmas railway to book. How does everyone do ‘father Christmas gifts) I’ve said stockings are from him snd presents from me, stockings are new toothbrush, little bits and bobs etc. we are starting the elf this year but will just be moving her about the house hide and seek style I think. What does everyone do about Christmas Eve boxes? We have a family one with new pjs, a board game or movie and snacks then little one has one with Santa key, bath toy, Christmas Eve book and few little bits. I’m going to wrap up 24 Christmas books too for a book advent (same ones every year just rewrap them and read as bedtime books) what traditions do people have? Can you tell I’m getting excited already 🤣. Daughters presents are done as is niece. But still others to buy for because I have to budget I buy gift cards smyths for example so I know I have the money there for my nephew who changes his mind so I need to buy nearer the time. My dad and brother are rude enough to have December birthdays as well as Christmas and are nightmares to buy from so dreading that!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So far I have only bought 1 stocking filler gift, but now the shops are getting the gifts in I'm going to start buying things if I see something I know someone will like. I also do the 'what would you like for Christmas?' text just to get some ideas. 😊

Reactions: 4
I got a hideously overpriced metal advent calendar part of the lm from America shipped over so I fill that with a tin of quality street normally. I’ll get my little one the playmobil one this year. I am known for going totally overboard but can’t help it! Just booked Disney on ice they only had Christmas Eve left for good seats but suppose it won’t be a late night as starts at 2.30pm (2 hour drive home) Santa grotto at local zoo, light walk at local national trust house just the Audley end Christmas railway to book. How does everyone do ‘father Christmas gifts) I’ve said stockings are from him snd presents from me, stockings are new toothbrush, little bits and bobs etc. we are starting the elf this year but will just be moving her about the house hide and seek style I think. What does everyone do about Christmas Eve boxes? We have a family one with new pjs, a board game or movie and snacks then little one has one with Santa key, bath toy, Christmas Eve book and few little bits. I’m going to wrap up 24 Christmas books too for a book advent (same ones every year just rewrap them and read as bedtime books) what traditions do people have? Can you tell I’m getting excited already 🤣. Daughters presents are done as is niece. But still others to buy for because I have to budget I buy gift cards smyths for example so I know I have the money there for my nephew who changes his mind so I need to buy nearer the time. My dad and brother are rude enough to have December birthdays as well as Christmas and are nightmares to buy from so dreading that!
I read this at quite a speed 😆 love the idea of 24 children’s books - I may have to steal that for next year when baby Hollywood is here. I think telling children that parents bought the more expensive presents is important. It gives them more value as they’ve been worked hard for. Santa took credit for way too long.
Love a Christmas Eve box. We usually do a book and dvd, socks, face mask, bubble bath, chocolate. Nothing big.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I read this at quite a speed 😆 love the idea of 24 children’s books - I may have to steal that for next year when baby Hollywood is here. I think telling children that parents bought the more expensive presents is important. It gives them more value as they’ve been worked hard for. Santa took credit for way too long.
Love a Christmas Eve box. We usually do a book and dvd, socks, face mask, bubble bath, chocolate. Nothing big.
That’s just it and I also don’t want her saying for Example Santa got me ‘x’ snd a child whose parents couldn’t afford or don’t do bigger gifts wondering why they didn’t get that from Santa. The works do 10 for £10 Christmas books so I’ve got those then the rest more special ones. Congratulations on baby it makes Christmas that extra bit magical! Love the idea of a face mask for Christmas Eve box think I’ll add that!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.