Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Defo let me know when they’re in store and you’re successful as I’d love that for my downstairs loo!
Maybe keep checking on their online website. I put an order in online and get things delivered to the shop if I don't want to risk missing them, or they're for presents.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I do elf on the shelf I will admit I don't work so I have the time to set stuff up. Ours is cuddly not the creepy one and I don't have a rule about him not being touched. I have a few easy set ups and I've bought a few accessories over the years so I'm not trying to think of new things every year. My kids love it so I couldn't stop even if I wanted to!

There’s an insta account called christmascottage_ which is delightful and worth a look at. Lots of cosy, lots of snow.

Reactions: 7
Loving looking at all the different themes of the wrap and cards on Next (online) for some inspo, they've got quite a lot of baubles and decs on now too, i can feel that September avalanche of Christmas in the stores a-coming!🥰🎅🏻

I wasnin the m&s outlet at Cheshire Oaks and they had a sale on Christmas wrapping paper, gift tags and crackers.

Reactions: 8
Too many already! And we’re still going!
So far we’ve booked:
-Wreath making afternoon with prosecco
-Chester zoo lanterns
-Drive thru Santa
-Santa train ride
-Dunham Massey lights
-Kids Christmas Disco Party
-The Muppets Christmas Carol with Live Orchestra
I had to reply to this as I have a few matches, and we must live in the same vicinity 😊.

We are also doing Chester Zoo lanterns, Dunham Massey lights, and The Muppets Xmas Carol and orchestra 👍❤.

After I had booked Dunham, hubby surprised us and has booked the train of light in Devon with an overnight stay and we are going to go to the model village whilst there also. I also have a Madness/Lightening Seeds concert in Xmas run up too 🎵. I love Xmas 🎄

We don’t have children but I wish they would have Santa Grotto’s for adults. I absolutely love everything about Xmas and that includes wanting to sit on Santa’s lap and do activities 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Joining excitedly! Christmas has been rough for me for several years due to toxic family problems and then the death of a close family member on Xmas eve. 6 years on and I feel like I’ve crossed a bridge somewhat and I can actually enjoy myself.

Me and the kids got loads of zany colourful decorations like dinosaurs etc over the last few years but having done over the living room in neutrals I feel like I just want a peaceful white decorated tree down here- so the zany decorated tree might have to go upstairs and a new tree might have to arrive with new white decorations…

Also excited for Xmas shopping in London- soaking up the atmos and getting bits from Fortnums.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
B&M's Christmas gifts are all about the same as last year bar a few little stocking filler bits.

Reactions: 4
Hi guys I’m loving all this Christmas chat.

Just wondering if anyone’s ever bought any advent calendars (the ££ beauty type ones) and has any suggestions for this year. Thinking about treating myself. Also are the ones aimed at kids worth it or should I just stick to good old chocolate?

Reactions: 1
Went into Home Bargains today and they had a good 3-4 aisles of Christmas bits, I’d say most of it looks the same as last year so I wonder if they’re trying to get rid of old stock before they bring out the new stuff

Reactions: 5

Just wondering if anyone’s ever bought any advent calendars (the ££ beauty type ones) and has any suggestions for this year. Thinking about treating myself. Also are the ones aimed at kids worth it or should I just stick to good old chocolate?
I had the Next one one year that was good.

I’m based in Australia and I’ve bought Aldi & The Body Shop before. Good value but I never use everything. We have a French specialty shop that imports Bonne Maman jam advent calendars. They’re awesome. Lego is always fun.can’t go past chocolate though

Reactions: 3

I bought this advent calendar in the Range last week. There's a little candle behind each window. 🙂
20230825_180615.jpg

Reactions: 3
The tubes of chocolates (Smarties, rolos, white choc buttons etc) have gone up to £1.35.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I was in B&M earlier buying an iron, must admit i didn't think to look for xmas stuff, but saw loads of halloween stuff out

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.