Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Best thing to do when putting it up is to make an evening of it. Get some mulled wine on, put on some music and get in the mood. If you can, enlist help, with taking it down my husband finds and takes baubles off the tree and I pack them away.
My tactic is to put up the tree and the lights by myself when the kids are at school. I don't put any decorations on, just mean literally putting it together, fluffing the branches and arranging the fairy lights. That's the tedious bit so I can watch an Xmas film while I do it. Then it's all ready for us to put the ornaments on together, it doesn't take too long and nobody gets bored waiting. The following Monday I rearrange it all 🤣

Reactions: 13
I'm still on the fence about having a kid but the more I hear, the more I'm okay with just being me, myself and I. Especially around Christmas and its inbuilt stresses 😬
With kids you can make it as simple or stressful as you like, Elf on the shelf not on my watch, 900 different trips at xmas, no thanks. It's the small things kids appreciate. Source, myself as a mother 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Totally agree for all my Christmassy joy that bastard Elf can go take a jump off a cliff, never going to be a thing in my house!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have one friend who still does elf on the shelf. She doesn’t need to work and invents the scenarios when she’s drunk, every night.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My tactic is to put up the tree and the lights by myself when the kids are at school. I don't put any decorations on, just mean literally putting it together, fluffing the branches and arranging the fairy lights. That's the tedious bit so I can watch an Xmas film while I do it. Then it's all ready for us to put the ornaments on together, it doesn't take too long and nobody gets bored waiting. The following Monday I rearrange it all 🤣
This is what my mum did when we were growing up- she hated anyone being in the house when she was putting the tree together, I used to love coming home and the big surprise of the tree being done it was so exciting 😂

Reactions: 4
With kids you can make it as simple or stressful as you like, Elf on the shelf not on my watch, 900 different trips at xmas, no thanks. It's the small things kids appreciate. Source, myself as a mother 😆
I wish I’d never started elf on the shelf, I even had to take it on holiday last year

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wish I’d never started elf on the shelf, I even had to take it on holiday last year
We had a support thread last year but it didn’t pick up much traction. I got away with not doing the pranks last yr as my daughter decided her elf was a good elf 😂 she got quite upset if anyone suggested it caused any mischief.

Reactions: 3
If I did Elf on the shelf after a few days I’d write a letter from the Elf saying Santa needed more help so I’ve gone back to help but I’ll send you a present for Christmas. Then on one of the Xmas gifts I’d write from elf instead of Santa 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
We had a support thread last year but it didn’t pick up much traction. I got away with not doing the pranks last yr as my daughter decided her elf was a good elf 😂 she got quite upset if anyone suggested it caused any mischief.
I wish mine would decide that. I didn't see the thread, I'd have joined it.
---
If I did Elf on the shelf after a few days I’d write a letter from the Elf saying Santa needed more help so I’ve gone back to help but I’ll send you a present for Christmas. Then on one of the Xmas gifts I’d write from elf instead of Santa 😅
That's a great idea. I've broken their legs (we now have three a boy and a girl bought for us by the in-laws 😡) and said they can't move for 2 weeks, but that doesn't seem to fly anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can't wait for all the insta hunz putting their gaudy, hideous trees up months in advance, all trying to outdo each other in tackyness 🤣🤣🤣 it's all part of the entertainment
Elle Darby a couple of years ago put all of her decorations up the 1st November, including huge front garden decorations and lights displays. I think there’s a thread on here of tit influencer Christmas trees😂

• Wow
Screenshot_20230823_162539_Gallery.jpg

I screenshotted this tweet to send to my sister so she's ready in case my nephew ever asks why they don't have an elf!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I popped into my local Works store this afternoon hoping to buy the Christmas joke toilet roll but I'm a few weeks too early. 🎄

I popped into my local Works store this afternoon hoping to buy the Christmas joke toilet roll but I'm a few weeks too early. 🎄
Defo let me know when they’re in store and you’re successful as I’d love that for my downstairs loo!

• Heart
I just can’t get on board with showing my child how to be naughty, she mimics everything including how her dad groans to get off a chair, there’s no way I’m enlightening her with the joys of throwing flour around the kitchen 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Would you like skin to skin with your baby? [✔]
Would you like to partake in Elf on the Shelf? [ ]

😂😂
I’ve been laughing at this for about 20 minutes straight now and send it to my husband 😂 I’m writing a very loose birth plan this week for the arrival of my second child in November and I am sorely tempted to add this in😂

I am feeling extra excited about Christmas this year! My eldest will be very nearly three (her birthday is between Christmas and New Year’s Day) and she is so much more interactive and chatty and into everything this year. I’m so excited about doing all the fun Christmas activities with her because I think she will get it this year! It’s also her first Christmas as a big sister, which I think she is really looking forward to. She is also currently very into Tabby McTat so she’s gonna be thrilled that this years Julia Donaldson/Axel Scheffler adaptation is that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.