Christmas 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone keep any type of fairy lights up after Christmas? πŸŽ…πŸΌ
I'm starting to want to take mine down but my living room always feels so bald and bare with no twinkly lights!
May buy a new plant and wrap lights around that :unsure:
I got some from Amazon 2 years ago that change colour so I have multi colour for Christmas, orange, yellow and purple for Halloween and yellow for general winter. It started off as an energy saving thing but I quite like having them up around the lounge on yellow when it's depressing and wintry in Jan/Feb.
---
Growing up my family always left decorations up until twelfth night and that's what we do so they will be all coming down on Friday. Normally I'm really sad and reluctant to take them down but this year I am starting to think shall I take down a couple of the smaller bits down earlier so it isn't as big a job. I do a Christmas village on the shelves each year and it always takes ages to put all the ceramic houses carefully away. I do tend to leave Christmas cards up the rest of January which my hubby doesn't like but in my eyes their cards not decorations. His mother does decs down and clean for New Year's day and he's grown up like that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Decorations are down for another year 😭. Spent my last day off with my mum only went for a coffee and spent most of the day mooching round the shops was heaving though. Back to work tomorrow even though I'm dreading it.

Reactions: 3
Decs are down. Wrestling the balsam hill tree into the bag was interesting. Still preferred it to all the pine needles from a real tree though.

Decs are down. Wrestling the balsam hill tree into the bag was interesting. Still preferred it to all the pine needles from a real tree though.
I still haven't managed to get mine in the bag...2/3 are and the final 1/3 sits on the top 🀣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I still haven't managed to get mine in the bag...2/3 are and the final 1/3 sits on the top 🀣
That woukd have been much easier!

After wrestling it in we realised it won't fit in the loft πŸ˜‘ it's wider than the loft hatch!

So will need to store it in the garage

• Haha
That woukd have been much easier!

After wrestling it in we realised it won't fit in the loft πŸ˜‘ it's wider than the loft hatch!

So will need to store it in the garage
I force mine through said loft hatch. Only got a damp shed and I'll not be putting it there 🀣. Had to buy another tree bag for the final third...had it 3 years now and never achieved back in the bag 🀣

• Haha
Some of my family only put their tree up for one week, what’s the point?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Should we start a 2024 countdown thread? ;)

Only 358 days to go.

Though Orthodox Christians celebrate on the 7th. So you could have Christmas in 5 days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Some of my family only put their tree up for one week, what’s the point?!
My mum does this!!! Leaves it as late as possible to put up and takes it right down after Christmas.
Whereas I put mine up middleish November and try keep it up as long as I can 🀣

• Haha
Has anyone bought any presents for next Christmas in the sales? πŸ˜„.

I bought a reduced festive reed diffuser for myself and they sent me 6 and charged for 1!. I'm having a moral dilemma but they would be great to pop away for next years gifting (would they even keep ok that long?).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There's also Candlemas, 2nd February, which is used as the end of the Christmas period. So you could, if you wanted, to keep things up until then. Should I ever have a tree again, that's when mine would come down.

Has anyone bought any presents for next Christmas in the sales? πŸ˜„.

I bought a reduced festive reed diffuser for myself and they sent me 6 and charged for 1!. I'm having a moral dilemma but they would be great to pop away for next years gifting (would they even keep ok that long?).
All my 2024 birthdays are done as are 90% of xmas 🀣🀣

I've never had issue with reed diffusers etc when stored correctly.

• Wow
  • Heart
All my 2024 birthdays are done as are 90% of xmas 🀣🀣
I can fully get behind this!

I came across some sea monkey sets reduced from Β£12 to Β£2 so bought a load for birthday parties - class mate's mum's "why does she always gift sea monkeys?" πŸ€” £££ πŸ˜†.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can fully get behind this!

I came across some sea monkey sets reduced from Β£12 to Β£2 so bought a load for birthday parties - class mate's mum's "why does she always gift sea monkeys?" πŸ€” £££ πŸ˜†.
Where was this! Spent a fortune on those gits recently 🀣

• Haha
Where was this! Spent a fortune on those gits recently 🀣
Ha ha Asda. Although it was a food asda and the lady said they were mis delivered so being sold off.

I do feel like I'm gifting heartache though as they never last more than a few months πŸ’”.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.