Christmas 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't buy Christmas gifts per se, only bought items once the sale started. 100% clothing items which would be used any way like PJ's, socks and night shirts.

I don't see the problem with buying now, and saving for later as long as you're not getting into debt.

I did also buy flowers for my aunt from Bloom & Wild which were £12 delivered. 15% off with the code from a Newsletter and £5 credit for adding 3 reminders.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone bought any presents for next Christmas in the sales? 😄.
got quite a few ideas all written down but i did get my mum a duplicate perfume for her march bday. she always complains she's running out half way through the year so this should preempt that!

Reactions: 6
Already had playmobil big zoo, lion enclosure extension, aquarium and riding stables that I was going to give daughter this year but she had so much (her dad claimed enough for 20 kids 😑) so I’ve saved them for next Christmas so got a good start as she’s main one who I give presents too. I have to buy throughout the year to budget.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We've decided on a Advent Calandar per family( my Mum sews so i'm on about the handmade type) then a Christmas Tree Decoration per person. The decoration will be picked specifically for the person, Ariel for a Little Mermaid lover etc

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I usually buy Christmas presents for the next year in the Jan sales, at least some if not all but didn’t see any deals worth it this year. I did buy myself some dresses and shoes for Taylor Swift in the summer since I didn’t want to pay much for an outfit for it

Reactions: 4
We've decided on a Advent Calandar per family( my Mum sews so i'm on about the handmade type) then a Christmas Tree Decoration per person. The decoration will be picked specifically for the person, Ariel for a Little Mermaid lover etc
That’s such a lovely idea! I always get a personalized family one, my daughter a yearly personalised one and one that includes our pets.

Already had playmobil big zoo, lion enclosure extension, aquarium and riding stables that I was going to give daughter this year but she had so much (her dad claimed enough for 20 kids 😑) so I’ve saved them for next Christmas so got a good start as she’s main one who I give presents too. I have to buy throughout the year to budget.
Each of those sounds nice but very expensive. I looked up the aquarium. You could split it up further for the next two years, depending on the child's age.

Reactions: 1
Each of those sounds nice but very expensive. I looked up the aquarium. You could split it up further for the next two years, depending on the child's age.
I did get them cheaper as shopped around but I could split birthday and christmas, she will be 5 near Christmas next year. I have a tendency to overcompensate because she I’m a single mum but she would be happy with anything so it’s silly of me really.

• Heart
I did get them cheaper as shopped around but I could split birthday and christmas, she will be 5 near Christmas next year. I have a tendency to overcompensate because she I’m a single mum but she would be happy with anything so it’s silly of me really.
She wants you, not necessarily things.

One of my best presents from my grandmother at 7 was mini pencils. For a gift you could make a jar with fun things to do written on paper, and tick them off one by one. It could be things like make pancakes or a trip to see swans. Take photos of everything too.

When she grows up she will know of the sacrifices you made for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I also overdid it on the days out and activities leading up to it as like you say that’s most important. The silly thing is her Christmas eve box contained one of those little wind up toys that walks she was so grateful and thought it was her Christmas present. This Christmas was first one she’d seen her dad on the day for a couple of hours so I’ve always been making up for that as she doesn’t get the family Christmas I want for her but she enjoyed making waffles for breakfast as much as she did the gifts really. O

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ha ha Asda. Although it was a food asda and the lady said they were mis delivered so being sold off.

I do feel like I'm gifting heartache though as they never last more than a few months 💔.
My friends kids Seamonkeys are already dead 🤣 gifted for a birthday in November. Oops lol

• Haha
I'm going to start putting away money for Christmas time, so when it comes to it I'm not panic buying right out of my wage (tbh I say this every year and never do it but definitely going to this year!!!)

I'm going to start putting away money for Christmas time, so when it comes to it I'm not panic buying right out of my wage (tbh I say this every year and never do it but definitely going to this year!!!)
I know a few have said it but I've done Park Christmas for the last 2 years now - means I can't dip into it, get vouchers for where I need and then I use in sales to get bits for the next year. Been a godsend as I used to buy the stuff out of my Jan wages then be poor, whereas now I have my love2shop for boots/homesense/argos etc etc and it's already paid for.

I love gift giving (but also budgeting) so I'm all over the Jan sales. I'll admit I've got an ottoman bed with emergency gifts under ready to go. 2022 hubs bf's new girlfriend bought us lovely gifts and I got her nothing and felt awful*, so now I'm always prepared!.

I found some cute Oliver Bonas socks £3 a pair so stocked up on those for work mates/teachers and Victoria Secret underwear sets £3 (sisters). Very disappointed in the Next sale though.

*It was a very new relationship and he's a serial dater 😬.

I love gift giving (but also budgeting) so I'm all over the Jan sales. I'll admit I've got an ottoman bed with emergency gifts under ready to go. 2022 hubs bf's new girlfriend bought us lovely gifts and I got her nothing and felt awful*, so now I'm always prepared!.

I found some cute Oliver Bonas socks £3 a pair so stocked up on those for work mates/teachers and Victoria Secret underwear sets £3 (sisters). Very disappointed in the Next sale though.

*It was a very new relationship and he's a serial dater 😬.
I read that at first as your "husband's boyfriend's new girlfriend" 😅🤣🤣

I've also got an stash of emergency gifts. If they're gifts originally given to me by someone else, I've got a post it on them with who it was given by and when, so I don't accidentally re-gift it back to them!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I read that at first as your "husband's boyfriend's new girlfriend" 😅🤣🤣

I've also got an stash of emergency gifts. If they're gifts originally given to me by someone else, I've got a post it on them with who it was given by and when, so I don't accidentally re-gift it back to them!
Now that is good organising!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Time for a new thread, shell we do it, shell we do a 'Christmas 2024' thread on Jan 3rd? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I save every month so it’s a habit. I also put £30 a month on a sainsburys reloadable card. If I don’t spend it on food or presents then it’s there to make January easier. I know you aren’t supposed to leave money on cards in case the shop goes bust but I’m hoping they are a safe bet.

I save every month so it’s a habit. I also put £30 a month on a sainsburys reloadable card. If I don’t spend it on food or presents then it’s there to make January easier. I know you aren’t supposed to leave money on cards in case the shop goes bust but I’m hoping they are a safe bet.
That’s a good idea and like you say I would trust sainsburys are quite stable too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.