Christmas 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My OH has just been offered a trip to New York mid December - his mates daughter dropped out and saves the ticket going to waste…..so jealous, New York at Christmas has been in the list to do for years! Don’t worry though I’m putting a nice shopping list of stuff for him to bring back 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My OH has just been offered a trip to New York mid December - his mates daughter dropped out and saves the ticket going to waste…..so jealous, New York at Christmas has been in the list to do for years! Don’t worry though I’m putting a nice shopping list of stuff for him to bring back 😂
I was there one Christmas and went to see The Rockettes at Radio City ... that was special.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve left it so late and need to buy a Christmas tree! Any tips of where has nice trees? I’d like pre lit and no more than £150 (currently live in a flat and saving my dream tree for when we move house and have more space) I was in M&S today and the trees looked terrible, so many gaps they were so thin looking! I’ve saw some nice ones on the we r Christmas website but nervous to buy online also without having seen it 😭😂 nightmare!

Reactions: 3
I was there one Christmas and went to see The Rockettes at Radio City ... that was special.
oh wow I’ve heard about the Rockettes, that’s on the to do list when I do eventually go. I’ve literally reeled off all the things they need to do and visit, living my dream through 3x blokes on a trip with no partners/kids 😂😂 have a feeling they won’t do half of my list 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve left it so late and need to buy a Christmas tree! Any tips of where has nice trees? I’d like pre lit and no more than £150 (currently live in a flat and saving my dream tree for when we move house and have more space) I was in M&S today and the trees looked terrible, so many gaps they were so thin looking! I’ve saw some nice ones on the we r Christmas website but nervous to buy online also without having seen it 😭😂 nightmare!
Maybe get a real tree this year and try and get an artificial one in the after Christmas sales?

I'm no help, I got given my mum's balsam hill tree when she decided she needed one of their pre-lit trees instead 😅

I hadn't ever heard of them before but googled the name after my sisters were pissed that I'd been given the tree and was shocked you could buy an artificial Christmas tree for those prices!

They are very nice though, and I am maybe not so secretly keeping an eye on several pre-lit options for the future (putting lights on the tree is my least favourite part! I've currently got my tree assembled and fluffed, but I cannot bring myself to put the lights on just yet 🤣🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve put my tree up today!! Had to pick the decs up from the floor about ten times thanks to 18 month old. Going to be a long few weeks..!! We always watch Elf while putting it up.

I put pigs in blankets with our roast today too 🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Don’t know if this has been said but just watched Exmas think it’s freevee? I thought it was pretty good! Cheesy but good!
I’m a Santa Claus/grinch girl but the kids love Christmas chronicles! Had decs up since last weekend, gone for the traditional red and gold but more of a dark red / maroon. Just love this time of year! Even broke out my Chelsea peers Christmas pjs!

Anyone else in reading favourite Christmas books?
I’ve got a few I read every year, like watching a favourite film.
Tracy Bloom’s book No one ever has sex on Christmas Day is one of my favourites

Reactions: 4
I don't think I've ever read a Christmas book as an adult - I might have to do some research and make that a thing this year!

Reactions: 3
New York is always wonderful but our trip at Christmas was not the best. It was unbelievably crowded and so mild it was t-shirt weather.
We were walking the Highline with people in shorts. I had to keep reminding myself it was December. The tree at Rockefeller Plaza was absolutely swamped with people.
We always have a brilliant time in New York but I wouldn’t both going at Christmas again.
So don’t feel too bad!

oh wow I’ve heard about the Rockettes, that’s on the to do list when I do eventually go. I’ve literally reeled off all the things they need to do and visit, living my dream through 3x blokes on a trip with no partners/kids 😂😂 have a feeling they won’t do half of my list 😂
That’s going to be so romantic for them 😂🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I need to ask a tree etiquette question; do you decorate the entire way around if up against a wall or in a corner?

I need to ask a tree etiquette question; do you decorate the entire way around if up against a wall or in a corner?
I normally just fill the back with any baubles that have no place at the front ( usually the kids school made ones 😅) i know it’s so terrible, but they do also have a small tree in their bedroom dedicated to all that stuff ! I would say I have 100% at front and 10% at the back cos you can’t really see it ! Xx

Reactions: 13
I either put baubles that I don't like or the ones the kids have made that aren't the greatest at the back. This year I've left the back and just decorated to as far as the eye can see

• Haha
Like others have said, I’ll put my rubbish baubles at the back. The ones I wouldn’t use on the front anymore lol. We all have a few don’t we 🤣

I have a white and silver main tree. Then my kitchen tree is red, gold, green so takes all the tack it bits and bobs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.