Christine McGuinness and Paddy McGuinness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would imagine that all diagnosis were private. Both Paddy & Christine work quite closely with Caudwell Children who do private diagnoses. The problem is as the children get older a lot of schools etc won’t accept a private diagnosis, although I can’t imagine them ever needing a normal state school.
The school the three children attend is a very small private school and children attend from nursery age through to sixth form.

Reactions: 5
The school the three children attend is a very small private school and children attend from nursery age through to sixth form.
Speaking from experience smaller schools don’t tend to have the experience when dealing with ASD. I know funding would never be an issue, but I do hope the school will seek ASD trained staff as the children progress.

Reactions: 7
I'm sure the children would benefit from having parents who were focused on them rather than on themselves and their desire for fame at all costs.

Reactions: 14
I'm sure the children would benefit from having parents who were focused on them rather than on themselves and their desire for fame at all costs.
Imagine trying to explain that concept these types of people. They'd think you were mad. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
Speaking from experience smaller schools don’t tend to have the experience when dealing with ASD. I know funding would never be an issue, but I do hope the school will seek ASD trained staff as the children progress.
The school has enough problems with her twirling around the playground dressed for a night at spearmint rhino!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Come on Christine we know you read this. Please anonymously post here who the women is. We all want to know.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I find it hard to accept her diagnosis too in view of her behaviours. Autism in adult females appears to be the diagnosis of choice now when times get tough. Just belittles the struggles girls and women go through with autism and comorbidities. Much harder for females who are more aware of their difficulties and hide away.
I can’t abide this dismissal of other peoples diagnoses.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wish people would understand how hard it is for an Adult female to get an ASD diagnosis. It’s often mis-diagnosed as various MH disorders. It’s a spectrum so unlikely that people present the same. Females are often much better at masking too to ‘fit in’ and hide the struggles.

• Heart
I'd just like to see some medical evidence, that's all. Not just take someones word for it. A lot of people lie in the media these days to push an agenda and I for one am extremely cynical when someone actively chooses to disclose personal medical information, to me it's an odd thing to do. But that's just me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Same. As someone who is neurodivergent, it’s making me feel uncomfortable reading it.
That’s life. Sometimes I read or see or hear things that make me uncomfortable. But so what? Should I wake up every morning expecting the world to pander to me?

• Angry
  • Wow
Re the autism diagnosis, if it’s genuine then I would feel awful for questioning it, especially as adult women do have a harder time being diagnosed; on the other hand if it is not accurate, then it’s not unfair to question it given how some of how Christine acts is entirely inconsistent with everything most of us would understand ASD. Kind of a tricky one.

So I won’t say anything too disrespectful, but I have my own private opinion on whether it’s likely to actually be the case that Christine is autistic and that influences my opinion of how she acts and publicises herself and her family’s business.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Autism presents itself in many different ways so I can’t believe people are even debating it. Also it can be linked genetically so the fact the 3 children all have Autism says a lot as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Autism presents itself in many different ways so I can’t believe people are even debating it. Also it can be linked genetically so the fact the 3 children all have Autism says a lot as well.
I doubt it. Autism used to actually mean something, but now the meaning of the word has been massively expanded to cover just about everything. It’s an immense clinical failure.

And a lot of people are desperate to have that as a label and they demand to be diagnosed with it or to have their children diagnosed with it.

• Angry
  • Heart
I doubt it. Autism used to actually mean something, but now the meaning of the word has been massively expanded to cover just about everything. It’s an immense clinical failure.

And a lot of people are desperate to have that as a label and they demand to be diagnosed with it or to have their children diagnosed with it.
Who on earth actively wants/demands to be diagnosed with Autism? I have it and so does my son. My son was fairly late for a child and I was in my late 30’s. I would much rather not have the symptoms and lead a normal life than the ones we have. The struggles we have both been through ☹

• Heart