Christine McGuinness and Paddy McGuinness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t abide this dismissal of other peoples diagnoses.
I’m afraid you’ll just need to abide it. If someone puts information into the world via the media then other people are entirely entitled to question it.
I don’t believe in a million years that Christine McGuinness is autistic and it actually angers me when I see people pretending to have conditions or illnesses that they don’t have.

They do it for attention and for access to opportunity and cash. It sickens me.

The conceit that people can’t see through it and will not question it is absolute narcissism.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Speaking from experience smaller schools don’t tend to have the experience when dealing with ASD. I know funding would never be an issue, but I do hope the school will seek ASD trained staff as the children progress.
It's a school with lots of children who have additional needs and they're very well staffed with lots of one-to-one support for the children.

Reactions: 11
Who on earth actively wants/demands to be diagnosed with Autism? I have it and so does my son. My son was fairly late for a child and I was in my late 30’s. I would much rather not have the symptoms and lead a normal life than the ones we have. The struggles we have both been through ☹
I agree with you. It is awful. These are people with personality disorders primarily. They like to latch on to real struggles of real people in order to make it about them.

Reactions: 6
It's a school with lots of children who have additional needs and they're very well staffed with lots of one-to-one support for the children.
Absolutely perfect then. Having been through the school system with a SEN child the right placement makes the biggest difference

I agree with you. It is awful. These are people with personality disorders primarily. They like to latch on to real struggles of real people in order to make it about them.
The problem is a lot of females are diagnosed with Personality disorders when it’s actually ASD. Often it’s both. I can’t see why you ‘want’ a label.

Reactions: 8
As someone who knew Paddy back in the late 90's in Bolton, he has always been a dog and was really well known for it around town!

He was a personal trainer and was married at the time and basically had a different woman every night!

A leopard doesn't change its spots......

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
As someone who knew Paddy back in the late 90's in Bolton, he has always been a dog and was really well known for it around town!

He was a personal trainer and was married at the time and basically had a different woman every night!

Paddy was married before Christine?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Paddy should just be happy with what he’s got! A house, wife and 3 kids. But nope….!

Reactions: 5
He is hardly an oil painting …. Creepy McCreeperson. Hope someone spills who his side piece is or was. Be lots of them I bet.

Reactions: 18
I am genuinely autistic, diagnosed as a (female) child and before it was trendy. I am hugely disabled by it, and am disgusted by this crop of celebs (and non-celebs) getting themselves diagnosed after an independent adult life. Myself and my peers will never live independently or be employed, and if we ever did reproduce, we would need help to look after them.

Autism has become meaningless and one study from 2016 showed that 9% of diagnoses are wrong. This is surely higher these days.

Even if Christine and Melanie Sykes and the like really did have autism, I don’t care. They obviously have the mildest form of autism ever and it’s ableist privilege that enables them to be the public faces of the condition, as opposed to the huge majority who are seriously disabled.

Masking is bullshit. All these mild “autistics” do is go on about how hard it is to look totally normal. They’re actually privileged to have that ability.

I am entitled to my own opinion by something that Christine is putting into the public eye, and clearly benefiting from, both financially and in terms of celebrity status, and in PR.

People more disabled by autism are entitled to have opinions on recent trends, confirmed in studies that people with milder and milder symptoms are getting diagnosed, and how that impacts us.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

He didn't mention being married in his book? Surely someone would have found this out. (Not saying your lying just surprised lol) 🤔😲

I doubt it. Autism used to actually mean something, but now the meaning of the word has been massively expanded to cover just about everything. It’s an immense clinical failure.

And a lot of people are desperate to have that as a label and they demand to be diagnosed with it or to have their children diagnosed with it.
Is this based on your knowledge or the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders? Because the criteria are very clearly and specifically laid out, and as far as I am aware, it hasn’t been massively expanded to cover just about everything. There is far more awareness now about neurodivergency, thank god, and some disorders are now listed in the DSM which did not used to be. It’s not just a quick chat and boom, you’ve got a diagnosis!

Often parents *are* desperate to get their kid diagnosed. It’s because that kid is already labelled at school - weird, thick, bad, naughty, stupid, horrendous, freak. The right label can be life saving and acts safety net and is meant to ensure their legal right to support but sadly, it often doesn’t. My kid was labelled as a weirdo, and horrendous and naughty and bad. He was bullied by children and occasionally teachers. Luckily this was 10 years ago and we only had to wait for 18 months for a diagnosis of multiple complex SN. our youngest is currently waiting for an asd diagnosis. The list is 3 years long. We are almost two years in. He has already self harmed as a young child due to inability to process emotions.

The ableism on this thread is shameful. The very idea that a diagnosis is some kind of fashionable accessory, or that they aren’t presenting as you think someone with autism should! My kids both present differently. In fact took far too long to see the youngest was struggling because his needs and difficulties were so much more internal and ‘quiet’ that those of the eldest .

I think the immense clinical failure has been to get people to develop an understanding and awareness of ND. I keep thinking things have changed then I read something like this thread and it is bleak as duck.

FWIW I am no fan of Paddy or Christine. But I’m not going to keep quiet when there is so much disability shaming and questioning.

And the very idea they should show some medical proof! What an extraordinary request.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Is this based on your knowledge or the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders? Because the criteria are very clearly and specifically laid out, and as far as I am aware, it hasn’t been massively expanded to cover just about everything. There is far more awareness now about neurodivergency, thank god, and some disorders are now listed in the DSM which did not used to be. It’s not just a quick chat and boom, you’ve got a diagnosis!

Often parents *are* desperate to get their kid diagnosed. It’s because that kid is already labelled at school - weird, thick, bad, naughty, stupid, horrendous, freak. The right label can be life saving and acts safety net and is meant to ensure their legal right to support but sadly, it often doesn’t. My kid was labelled as a weirdo, and horrendous and naughty and bad. He was bullied by children and occasionally teachers. Luckily this was 10 years ago and we only had to wait for 18 months for a diagnosis of multiple complex SN. our youngest is currently waiting for an asd diagnosis. The list is 3 years long. We are almost two years in. He has already self harmed as a young child due to inability to process emotions.

The ableism on this thread is shameful. The very idea that a diagnosis is some kind of fashionable accessory, or that they aren’t presenting as you think someone with autism should! My kids both present differently. In fact took far too long to see the youngest was struggling because his needs and difficulties were so much more internal and ‘quiet’ that those of the eldest .

I think the immense clinical failure has been to get people to develop an understanding and awareness of ND. I keep thinking things have changed then I read something like this thread and it is bleak as duck.

FWIW I am no fan of Paddy or Christine. But I’m not going to keep quiet when there is so much disability shaming and questioning.

And the very idea they should show some medical proof! What an extraordinary request.
There is supposed to be a “clinically significant impairment”, and this is being very broadly interpreted.

Studies show that people with milder symptoms are getting diagnosed.

It is ableist to try to silence the opinions of the more seriously disabled, just to spare the feelings of the less or non disabled.

I would add that neurodiversity is an ableist ideology that a lot of people don’t agree with.

Reactions: 2
Or you could be a parent like me who has fought against getting a diagnosis because I worry about the stigma and cruel comments from people like you. It’s a hard enough struggle without people saying things like this. It’s hurtful and damaging.
I doubt it. Autism used to actually mean something, but now the meaning of the word has been massively expanded to cover just about everything. It’s an immense clinical failure.

And a lot of people are desperate to have that as a label and they demand to be diagnosed with it or to have their children diagnosed with it.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Or you could be a parent like me who has fought against getting a diagnosis because I worry about the stigma and cruel comments from people like you. It’s a hard enough struggle without people saying things like this. It’s hurtful and damaging.
You don’t know my circumstances or experiences regarding this matter. My view is my view.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
No way has booked on not checked Passports. Duoh! Regardless of whether he has cheated she will stay. She wears all that sexy underwear on videos tho probably Paddy not getting the goods from her. (Not that it gives him a reason to cheat). They can’t be that rich what does he do apart from Top Gear? I just know him from that cringe dating show.
They get good money for adverts/ voice overs/ narrating.there are also endorsements. I think paddy has a few revenue streams apart from presenting top gear. He’s doing a question of sport now as well. A little off topic but does anyone else find his pixie looking ears a bit off putting. Once I noticed them it’s all I see. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Any diagnosis is based on choice of psychiatrist and their area of "expertise". Private or NHS. Whatever her diagnosis it's not a great look to sell stories about the break up of your marriage to a tabloid or to parade yourself regularly over its pages because you are "current". Not a great example to set to her children. You could argue that she won't "get" this due to being autistic herself or that she just craves attention and needs to be in the spotlight which jars a bit in terms of her diagnosis.