Chit chat #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Late Sunday evening for me - I think you're allowed out sooner (if you don't have a fever and test neg) because you had symptoms for a few days before you tested positive and that's when the clock starts. How are you feeling now?

The Asda will have put out missing posters!
i've still got a bit of a cough! do you think i should do a test? i started getting symptoms on friday but didn't test pos till Monday

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Me: look at this ugly dress
Chit-Chat Thread: Ooh, that's nice

Me: Look at these beautiful cases
CCT: duck me, those are ugly

I like them! I think they’re so extra! I love a bit of extraness

Does anyone have an Alexa? Apparently they were down this morning. I did think it cos she plays white noise for us and the baby was in with me, I went alexa stop and she didn’t bloody stop! The baby was going mad he was going ALESTTTTAAAA (That’s how it sounds) STAAAAHHHP. She wouldn’t go off! so I turned her off at the wall and said ‘that’s what happens when you don’t listen you cheeky fucker’ the baby had left the room at this point BTW or he’d start running round going fucker fucker fucker 🤣🤣
Mine goes off randomly. Scares me if I’m at home alone whilst my Bf is working 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
AAAHHHH I've been busting a gut trying to reconcile the bank the last few months and trying and get things tidy and up to date but because it's a mess as it wasn't done before I started I went to my boss and he said he spoke to his accountant and the accountant said we may need to start again, so that was a waste of bloody time 😅

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hey fellas what a range of topics on the last few pages!!!
Ive got a sister - we are either enemies or bffs.
No inbetween.
Alexa - didn’t know they were broken. I’m always secretly paranoid that they’re recording conversations but who really cares about my conversation about what to eat and how my day was 😂
Pregnancy - sucks. 0/10 will not be doing again
🤣🤣🤣
Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday. Almost the weekend 💃

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@WilmaHun sending you a big hug, we see ourselves so much worse than others do because we are self critical, i am SURE that you are gorgeous 💛

we don't bother for valentines day either, i'm not even sure mr strawb knows when it is, but i might remind him just to get some fresh flowers in 🤪

i don't have an alexa or google nest or any of these but i wouldn't mind one just so it can play dramatic victorious music when i win a board game!

in other news, i'm back from the casting. i went on tattle to update you as i was filling out a form but then they called me in. i basically just wanted to let you know that i had to say if i'll go nude or not on the casting form 😂 guess what i wrote hehe. generally it went fine, just some pictures etc. i did think one of the casting guys was a secret tattler because he kept telling me stuff like ''don't forget me when you're famous'' and ''i can see this is the beginning of a shining career'', but then i heard him say that to another girl too so i didn't feel special anymore 😒

i went there with a friend so we went for a long coffee afterwards. we live close to one another so we walked there and back, so the best news of the day so far is that i'm at 9,000 steps 😊 we're later also walking to and from the pub quiz so i should be well over 10,000! speaking of the pub quiz, we managed to ''get rid of'' the arrogant guy because my parents expressed the wish to go with us this time and i can't say no to them! also, my dad is like an encyclopedia (he was on the chase after all i meannnn 😂) so i'm really looking forward to getting a lot of points tonight!

on the way back i grabbed some groceries for tonight and i thought ''mmm, watermelon's chicken, halloumi and mushroom wraps'', so i'm making them for dinner tonight! any particular way you make them, or you just chuck it all in? @watermelon sugar do you use a sauce and which spices? 🌯

making myself a quick carbonara now, then in an hour i have a work zoom call, and when that's done, it's the weeekeeeennnnddd 🥳🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yesssss @strawb get your chebs out for the boys

And I’m not gonna lie my fella makes them, he just chucks them all in, but he adds salt & pepper and chilli flakes + 5 spice to make it have a lil kick cos we like it spicy. Also we use Nandos perinaise for the sauce instead of Mayo cos it’s nicer 😋 I’ll take you to Nandos one day. Some how 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've just had two French fancies and that's the cakes not MD clones 😊 . So glad its the weekend tomorrow I will be staying in bed all morning.🥳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
i was supposed to be spending the day with my Mum tomorrow, nothing special, I was just gonna take her food shopping as she doesn't drive, and then go for lunch or something after. But she's just cancelled on me and I feel really sad about it for some reason. 😔

In other news tho I have done loads of work this morning, I put my headphones in and just cracked on and I've probably churned out more work today than I have all week 😂😅 So I'm gonna knock off work an hour early and go have a mooch around Matalan and New Look :)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Yesssss @strawb get your chebs out for the boys

And I’m not gonna lie my fella makes them, he just chucks them all in, but he adds salt & pepper and chilli flakes + 5 spice to make it have a lil kick cos we like it spicy. Also we use Nandos perinaise for the sauce instead of Mayo cos it’s nicer 😋 I’ll take you to Nandos one day. Some how 😂
i'd get me chebs out for a nandos with you girl

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Aww sounds like you’ve had a lovely day @strawb! I’m sure this guy only repeated this to that other girl to make you jealous! Don’t forget us when you’re famous 😉

Sooo the guy I’m ~going on a date~ with is asking me about my favourite flowers 👀 I wonder whether he will get me any? He said he thinks I would love some (really gorgeous) purple tulips

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Aww sounds like you’ve had a lovely day @strawb! I’m sure this guy only repeated this to that other girl to make you jealous! Don’t forget us when you’re famous 😉

Sooo the guy I’m ~going on a date~ with is asking me about my favourite flowers 👀 I wonder whether he will get me any? He said he thinks I would love some (really gorgeous) purple tulips
Well this is exciting!! What are your fave flowers out of interest?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Afternoon all.

I've just ordered a pair of trainers. Imagine that, not supposed to walk again yet here I am needing some footwear. 👊🏻

In all seriousness they want me to use the tilt table and my feet turn in and roll so the physio suggested trainers to help.

As for pregnancy we would have had a few more children but I was diagnosed with ms right after I gave birth to Littlest Jelly and they told me pregnancy/childbirth can exacerbate the symptoms so we stopped at those 3 and were planning to adopt. We went pretty far down the adoption route, as far as matching panel but the country we were living in at the time changed the rules and didn't recognise adopted children as "yours" and wouldn't grant visas. Then we planned to come back to England to adopt and stay here but doing that would restart the adoption process all over again because we would have a new home, set up etc. We were advised that the children we planned to adopt needed to be adopted sooner than all that would allow so we let it go and gave up. I think about those children often and hope they ended up in a happy place. I am sure they did.

My favourite flowers are sweet peas and peonies.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My favourite flowers are sunflowers. My sister owns a flower shop and she always gifts us all with the most gorgeous flowers so my fella knows to not get me any cos I’m ok on the flower front 🌸 I’d rather a bouquet of chicken nuggets

41290EDA-5A2E-41C4-96A5-3B1005A8CBEF.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My favourite flowers are sweet peas and peonies.
Peonies are gorgeous but so expensive! My mother had some beautiful ones in the garden when I was little, magenta and fluffy
My favourite flowers are sunflowers. My sister owns a flower shop and she always gifts us all with the most gorgeous flowers so my fella knows to not get me any cos I’m ok on the flower front 🌸 I’d rather a bouquet of chicken nuggets

View attachment 1004940
Aww that’s so lovely about the flower shop! Must be a rather enjoyable job being surrounded by beautiful things all day, all I see in my job is my mug on Zoom 🙄 And that’s a lie, those nuggests have some baby’s breath with them 🤣🤣🤣 So technically still flowers! Love them though, very underrated, I always thought if I were to get married, I would choose them for my bouquet

Reactions: 2
I like freesias, daffodils, Hyacinth, peonies actually to be honest there isn’t a flower I don’t like really.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I like all flowers! Sometimes I go to Waitrose at the end of the day and buy myself a £20 bunch reduced to 2 pound!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.