Chit chat #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't go to the cinema until I was 19.
I saw Girl, Interrupted. It is still one of my favourite movies.

"Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60s. Or maybe I was just a girl, interrupted."

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Mine was 101 Dalmatians in 1985 when I was about 5 or 6. We're about the same age so :)
My aunt took me and I was absolutely terrified of Cruella De Ville. Had to turn around every time she appeared on screen.
That's funny because my uncle took me and I was terrified of the wheelers 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Me, without any Christmas snacks left

Speaking of food - I'm going to switch out my screen detox NYR for doing the House and Home challenge instead to save some money in January.

It's where you eat yourself out of house and home, and use up of all the random tins and packets and things you have and only buy minimal groceries to supplement what you've already got in.
Ohhh I like that idea! I’m skint and could do with using up a lot of our cupboard stuff. I’m planning to do Veganuary though do it might be difficult.

Reactions: 2
On a different note...What was the first film you saw at the cinema?

Mine was Return to Oz..1985, aged 6..
The Muppets Movie when I was umm... 25 🤣

I be a simple country girl I be. Ain't none of them there fancy picture places back home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen the Lion king remake? I cant take talking animals seriously! I wish they would stop doing bloody remakes they dont need to be remade!
I have. It was unnecessary, I'd rather have the original re-released every ten years or so haha. Doesn't have the same impact as the original animation at all. The west end musical is absolutely amazing though, would recommend.

First movie I ever saw was Little Mermaid. I was about 3 I think, my mother likes to tell the story of her doubting that understood a single thing and then finding me combing my hair with a fork, mumbling songs 😂

• Haha
I have. It was unnecessary, I'd rather have the original re-released every ten years or so haha. Doesn't have the same impact as the original animation at all. The west end musical is absolutely amazing though, would recommend.

First movie I ever saw was Little Mermaid. I was about 3 I think, my mother likes to tell the story of her doubting that understood a single thing and then finding me combing my hair with a fork, mumbling songs 😂
Ooh I’m going to see The Lion King in August!(Hopefully as it’s been postponed from 2020😖)

Yes the first couple of series was so good! Hook is a bit of looker as well 👀
Ugh I look hook so much 😍 I just rewatch the series just for him

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ooh I’m going to see The Lion King in August!(Hopefully as it’s been postponed from 2020😖)

Ugh I look hook so much 😍 I just rewatch the series just for him
I'd not seen the show so googled... that was not what I was picturing for Captain Hook!

Screenshot 2021-12-29 21.01.03.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
On a different note...What was the first film you saw at the cinema?

Mine was Return to Oz..1985, aged 6..
I think it was probably the Lion King but I don’t remember going as I was 4! The earliest one I remember was Anastasia, went on a Saturday morning at the end of the run with my Dad and sister to the old (1920s) cinema in town and we were the only people there. I remember being terrified when the dancing ghosts scene came on because we were in the front row of the upper balcony, and the lights were shining in the empty seats below making it look like the ghosts were coming off screen.

Minority Report was the first 12 I saw - a few months before my 12th birthday, I was terrified they’d realise I was too young 😂 still love that film and can recite most of it word for word!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Mine was Chicken Little, I think 🤣 I was about 5 or 6 and haven’t heard of this film since!

Also, happy Twixmas everyone! Was reminded of this word when buying Twix today 🍫

Reactions: 2
I think my first cinema trip was Charlie and the chocolate factory when I was about 7!

• Heart
I think I might be ill because I have a box of these beside me and I just cba
8FC7C421-6E9A-419F-940A-3367A9DF09AE.jpeg

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.