Chit chat #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning my favourite witches 🥰

I slept for 11 hours last night - some people may only need 7 or 8 hours a night but I clearly need 11.

Going to do my NYE nails today, then going out for dinner tonight.

Hope you all have a lovely day! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hey witches

Feeling a bit down today after everything that happened with my mum yesterday. My car is still registered to her house so my road tax renewal letter is there so I’ve asked for the reference and she’s ignoring me. Useful because my road tax is due 1st Jan and I need either the ref or the log book - both are at her house 🙃

Had a proper good cry and went to sleep last night. Not sure why my life has to be filled with so much ✨drama✨ must be me or something.
Goal for 2022 is have a less drama filled life!

In positive news I had the most perfect boiled eggs this morning following the instructions @BelleAmie gave the other day. You’ve changed my life 😅

Hope everybody has a good day. What day even is it?! Every day is just merging into one atm!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve just taken my tree down. Everywhere looks very bare but lovely and clean 😅

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone - Took all the decs down today, just wasn't feeling it anymore. Had a good tidy up and cleaning spree too.

Took the husband out for a pub lunch. I've been less than sympathetic since he broke his arm and started to feel a bit mean about it.
We had gourmet burgers and chips with an onion ring loaf.

I got ghd helios hairdryer for Xmas and used it for the first time today. Really impressed with how quick it dried and how smooth and shiny my hair looked. Almost like I've been to the salon. Well chuffed.

I'm going to the Lidl bakery in a bit to get some treats!

Hope everyone is having a good day 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m truly shocked you are already putting your trees and decs down 😮 Mine will be staying at least until the Epiphany

I asked my Dad to buy some fresh berries for the cake I’m baking. He bought blueberries. So I’m going to have a blueberry cake. I was thinking more along the lines of strawberries or raspberries but…new year, new me, eh?

• Heart
My decs will stay up till twelfth night. They make me feel cozy.

Had a bit of a rest and feeling a bit better thankfully. Hope I’m over the worst now.

Not feeling NYE this year. I might just go to bed early with a book.

• Heart
@Peaches_xox ahh I’m so glad it worked! At least I’ve achieved one good thing this year 😂

I’ve just taken my tree down too - I never normally do it this early but I felt my tree/decorations were a bit lacking this year because I didn’t have the time/energy when I put them up and they were getting on my nerves. Plus I’m doing my nails this afternoon and will be rendered incapable of doing anything in case I damage them!

@Raymond Luxury-Yacht do you watch Gilmore Girls? Sookie makes a blueberry shortcake when she can’t get hold of strawberries and your post reminded me of that. Show us a photo when it’s done please?!

• Heart
Afternoon all.

The few decorations I had in my room were put away on Boxing Day. But at home we keep the tree until epiphany.

I had a shower this morning and because the staff were in a hurry they couldn't dry my hair which is fine, so now everyone can see my curly/normal hair which is proper corkscrew ringlets and everyone is all "I didn't know your hair was so curly" and I never know what to say "Oh you have really straight hair" 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, am currently sat in my wheelchair. Trying to build my tolerance up again. Boring, boring.

Need to find a good book to read. We were playing Colourbrain as a family over video this morning and Oldest Jelly got all stroppy and lost her mind because she wasn't winning. I adore my children. But honestly, parenting pre-teens is hard work. She is ferocious.

• Heart
Our decorations came down on Tuesday 🙈 I am literally Mrs Christmas until Christmas and then I am not interested and want it all away 😂 in fairness we needed the space back from where everything was as MiniGlenCoco has so many new toys 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Speaking of hair.. how do you find a good hairdresser? I want to get it cut by April but I've only ever gone to SuperCuts and I'm refusing to go back because last time the hairdresser said "no matter what you do to it, your hair will always be ugly." bleeping cow.

Plus they would always charge me extra because my hair was 'too thick' :rolleyes:

So I don't even know where to start with looking around for places. How can you tell if somewhere/someone is good before you've been? Just reading reviews online?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Speaking of hair.. how do you find a good hairdresser? I want to get it cut by April but I've only ever gone to SuperCuts and I'm refusing to go back because last time the hairdresser said "no matter what you do to it, your hair will always be ugly." bleeping cow.
What the hell, that is repulsive. Her personality will always be ugly.

I have no advice as the person who cuts my hair is my sister's best friend and she has always just been there.

I'd ask friends/family for recommendations I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello!!!

I’ve been out with my friend - luckily my frizzy hair settled a bit and went a bit wavy. My mate said it looked nice so I was ‘thanks, it’s the humidity’ we went for a Costa in the morning to get a coffee then at about lunch time we rocked up to Nandos. We didn’t even have a Nandos cos the food they have for kids is SHITE.

right so I used to be shagging this lad LOL and me and my mate used to take the piss out of him cos he loved peas. Let’s called him Pea Lover. Whenever we’d go out for food he’d ask for garden peas with his food and we used to laugh at him. Once we went for a Nandos and he just got two sides of peas and we were like ‘who the duck gets peas with a Nandos!?’ Since being on tattle I’ve come to realise from the Aldi thread it’s actually quite popular! Anyway the baby LOVES peas, never eats them at home but when we’re out, give him peas and he wallops him down his throat. So we were sat there the baby was shouting ‘MORE! PEAS!’ And saying ‘peas please’ and ‘my peas’ my mate was like ‘are you sure he isn’t pea lovers baby?’ 😂 made me laugh

but yeah we didn’t even go Nandos we went the Harvester. I ate a load of shite tbh I got halloumi fries to start, then absolutely devoted some tomato & herb pasta, then had a halloumi flat bread. Love halloumi me 😂

so that was my day, I’m gonna get back in my pjs now and have a lazy afternoon with the baba 💕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
What the hell, that is repulsive. Her personality will always be ugly.

I have no advice as the person who cuts my hair is my sister's best friend and she has always just been there.

I'd ask friends/family for recommendations I guess.
Thanks. My hair is very thick and curly, but it's also super frizzy and dry. She'd just washed it so I pointed out the curls and asked if there was anything she could do to make it less frizzy and that was her response :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Thanks. My hair is very thick and curly, but it's also super frizzy and dry. She'd just washed it so I pointed out the curls and asked if there was anything she could do to make it less frizzy and that was her response :rolleyes:
That is awful, what a horrible woman!

I would maybe Google some hairdressers/salons in your area and have a look on Facebook/Instagram at their work and if they’ve done hair that’s similar to yours - for some reason a lot of hairdressers aren’t particularly great with curly hair 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Plus they would always charge me extra because my hair was 'too thick' :rolleyes:

So I don't even know where to start with looking around for places. How can you tell if somewhere/someone is good before you've been? Just reading reviews online?
What a twit. Obv wasn't taught customer service skills. After working in salons I refuse to use them now. I have a hairdresser who comes here and she's lovely.
Maybe ask for recommendations on local fb groups or something

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.