Chit chat #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got a couple of hours sleep in the end and I'm running on fumes. Ordered a mini noise machine to be delivered tonight. I hate noise when trying to sleep but lying awake listening to birdsong or waterfalls has got to be better than lying awake listening to his snoring :rolleyes:
before I had the baby I slept in total silence but I got so used to his hoover sound white noise I still use it now and he’s not even in with me! I find it so relaxing and it proper helped me sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There are apps which can be incredibly calming and helpful. You can chose your sound, that is if you don’t want to buy a white noise machine

• Heart
Try ASMR, there are loads of resources for it on YouTube. I also find watching people draw makes me feel sleepy.

Reactions: 4
Morning all.
All of my partners have been horrendous snorers. Aside from elbowing in the night I have white noise or the radio too. I need it for my tinnitus anyway these days.
My bf’s family have invited us over for a roast today so that’ll be nice. Just sitting having some coffee and toast now while he’s still asleep and the weather is horrible out here.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Morning! I’m so tired again. Me and my bf stayed up watching a film (the new matrix) but I haven’t seen any of the old matrix so I didn’t have a clue what the duck was going on. Then little peaches woke up before 6. He’s full of cold and cough again. Tried to get him back to sleep but he wasn’t tired apparently. I let him get up to watch tv and by 8am he come in like ‘erm I haven’t eaten ALL DAY’

Im also convinced there’s some sort of creatures living in my walls as you can hear weird noises at night and the cat was scratching around there like crazy and even my fella was tapping me at 4am like ‘can you hear that’ so an eventful night all round. I’m hoping to sneak off for a nap at some point today 😴

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Morning all, well I'm knackered;). What's everyone's plans for today? I've got to do the weekly food shop and then popping to mums for a cuppa.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Aww @Libbylulu families are just hard work and this time of year can truly bring out both the best and the worst in them. My MIL was very much a "we are getting old you should be here" guilt tripper but let me tell you now we are here she has just traded that complaint for something else so you still can't win. I'm sorry though.

And @watermelon sugar I hope you are OK. Rubbish start to the day.

--

Morning all. I am starving and waiting for someone to come and feed me breakfast. All I can think about is this toast from a place in Singapore called ToastBox, that they cook it on this like hot plate grill thing and it is thick bread and then they chop it into 9 little squares and you eat it with a wooden stick. Anyway, I can't have it so may as well so jabbering on about it.

Really rainy and gloomy here. I am going to lose myself in my Kindle for the day I guess.

I use Calm app, their sleep stories and meditations are so good. I used to use Headspace but Calm has Matthew McConaughey reading me a bedtime story and that is just glorious.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Eventful nights sleep in the CocoHousehold too 🙋🏻‍♀️ MrGlenCoco has started nights this week so I was proper looking forward to having the bed to myself and being able to sleep without waking up to him snoring or elbowing me or kicking me 🙈 but MiniGlenCoco had a different idea. She thought it would be fun to wake me up roughly every hour with a new issue "mummy I lost my teddy" or "mummy my duvet isn't right" (it was on the floor 😂) or she was coughing. Luckily we haven't got too much planned over the next couple of days so apart from the food shopping I think we'll be having a chilled day

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
my bf also sometimes snores and so far my tactic has been elbowing him and rolling him over 😅 the last few days he's had a cold so it's been horrendous

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Speaking of snoring, I’m quite blessed mr peaches doesn’t snore very often and when he does I just breath in time with his snoring and can get back to sleep. I don’t really snore but on the one off occasion that I do I get woken up with a shake and he’s like ‘YOU’RE SNORING’ and I get proper embarrassed you know 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I tried to skip my morning coffee today. Wow. Never known a headache like it. I gave in and had a cup about 15mins ago.
The Mr is back to work today and the weather is rubbish so we are having a lazy day in. Films/board games etc
The girls are busy playing with the dolls house. There's a lot of grounding and sending characters away to 'think about their behaviour' going on 😂😂
It's amazing listening to how their little minds work

• Heart
I wonder what Tattle threads would look like in the 1800s. Just a bunch of people commenting about lords and ladies and mistresses and pointing out they're wearing more petticoats than they claim to be.

• Haha
What’s happening, me and me fella have made up anyway and we’ve met our mates at some massive indoor fun arena. The babies having a ball but I swear to god my sock didn’t have a hole in when I put it on but now there’s a hole where me big toe is.
I’m running round trying to disguise my big toe but it keeps poking out, look a right scruff 🤣 good job I’ve got nice toes 🥴😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder what Tattle threads would look like in the 1800s. Just a bunch of people commenting about lords and ladies and mistresses and pointing out they're wearing more petticoats than they claim to be.
I mean that’s what high society was in the 1800s was wasn’t it?

I’m watching Death to 2021; still in bed and cba to get up.

Reactions: 1
When Mr fudge snores I hold his nose and then roll over quickly so he doesn’t know what happened but it stops the snoring 🤣 sometimes his snoring is so bad I have to go sleep downstairs on the sofa!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I've finally managed to get a grocery delivery for tonight. It's been a nightmare getting slots over Christmas. My usual supplier Ocado switched their minimum order up to £90 and I just don't use that many groceries.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.