Chit chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favs are Matilda. 10 things I hate about you. The holiday. Juno

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My favourite films are Girl, Interrupted, The Green Mile and Lost Boys.

I am such an idiot. Logged into our family Spotify, and in the five (5!! 😭) months I have been in hospital my children have made all sorts of new playlists and it had made me bawl like a baby, I am missing so much of their lives. I couldn't even tell you they liked these songs. So I have done the ugly crying for hours. I have a lovely nurse looking after me today and she was all "Jelly, it's ok to cry" and "it isn't just about the music is it? it's about your old life isn't it?" So then I did more snotting and sobbing. Because yes it is. Yes it is about my old life that I almost certainly will never get back. And I want to stand in my kitchen making 4 different dinners just to please everyone and walk my children to school and blah blah blah. I'm going to spend Christmas in hospital because I can't get my bleeping body to wake up, and my new normal is being hosted from bed to wheelchair and back again, and someone spoon feeding me like a baby, and someone brushing my teeth like I am a disobedient toddler and having these four walls be my world.

Lordy I am bitter and twisted. But it is astounding really how quickly things changed, I walked away from Wembley that Sunday night after they lost the Euro final and by Monday lunchtime I am paralysed in bed. It is an absolute nonsense. I mean I knew I had MS then. I just never envisioned it would come knocking on my door like it has and totally wipe my world out.

Anyway, Mr Jelly snuck into my Ocado and added a tin of Quality Street so I am going to bury my unhappiness in eating (fed to me by a nurse of course) lots of them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I must be a weirdo coz I love films haha.
A few of my faves:
LOTR trilogy
Pretty Woman
Saving Private Ryan
Home Alone 1,2 & 3
Jaws
Rocky Horror
Matilda
Mrs Doubtfire.

I watch alot of horror too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I am such an idiot. Logged into our family Spotify, and in the five (5!! 😭) months I have been in hospital my children have made all sorts of new playlists and it had made me bawl like a baby, I am missing so much of their lives. I couldn't even tell you they liked these songs. So I have done the ugly crying for hours. I have a lovely nurse looking after me today and she was all "Jelly, it's ok to cry" and "it isn't just about the music is it? it's about your old life isn't it?" So then I did more snotting and sobbing. Because yes it is. Yes it is about my old life that I almost certainly will never get back. And I want to stand in my kitchen making 4 different dinners just to please everyone and walk my children to school and blah blah blah. I'm going to spend Christmas in hospital because I can't get my bleeping body to wake up, and my new normal is being hosted from bed to wheelchair and back again, and someone spoon feeding me like a baby, and someone brushing my teeth like I am a disobedient toddler and having these four walls be my world.

Lordy I am bitter and twisted. But it is astounding really how quickly things changed, I walked away from Wembley that Sunday night after they lost the Euro final and by Monday lunchtime I am paralysed in bed. It is an absolute nonsense. I mean I knew I had MS then. I just never envisioned it would come knocking on my door like it has and totally wipe my world out.

Anyway, Mr Jelly snuck into my Ocado and added a tin of Quality Street so I am going to bury my unhappiness in eating (fed to me by a nurse of course) lots of them.
So sorry it’s got on top of you today. You are such an amazing woman and you are so strong in your posts on here. Letting those feelings out is a good thing. Massive hugs to you and enjoy those quality steer ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have some leftover tequila and Cointreau so I’m going to make margaritas 🍹💃🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't like pigs in blankets .......
Me either 😂😂

I've had a nice day. Chilled afternoon reading while the kids played, had a walk out bought some snacks, came home ordered a takeaway then watched a film
The Mr and eldest got back from the football (we won yay!)

Kids now upstairs and I'm about to catch up on last night's celeb then bath and bed

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The concert was looovely, I felt like myself again. I was just about the smack the idiot couple next to me fiddling with eachother through the 3rd symphony though, if you're not enjoying your time, why stay through the whole thing and annoy the people around you? Nobody has to enjoy the same music but have some respect for those who do ffs. I have no patience for ill manners during concerts/films/performances. We should be legally encouraged to punch someone in the face for being a dick. I'll listen to some music now and head to bed soon. I ate so much food this evening, I doubt I'll be hungry for breakfast tomorrow morning 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Oh bless you, I’m quite new to this thread so didn’t realise you had MS❤ my fiancé has it too he was diagnosed about 3 years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.