Chit chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just really intrigued about @Boredofthegram ‘s tea advent calendar I can’t wait to find out what’s in it 😂

If you could have your own advent calendar that’s not already a thing what would it be? For me personally a Sims 4 expansion pack would be *chefs kiss* or perhaps a biscuit one. Bourbon behind day 1. Cuzzy cream day 2. Very disappointed with the ginger biscuit behind door 3. Or a crisp one 🤣 pack of nik naks day 1….. monster munch day 23….. 🤣
this is gonna be an absolute shocker 🙄👀
Id have a cake one.
Cupcake day 1
Muffin day 2
Slice of jam roly poly day 3
Chocolate loaf day 4

leading up to a full size cake on the final day. Maybe multiple tiers of different types of cake. All for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
this is gonna be an absolute shocker 🙄👀
Id have a cake one.
Cupcake day 1
Muffin day 2
Slice of jam roly poly day 3
Chocolate loaf day 4

leading up to a full size cake on the final day.
im Not even surprised with you Wilma! Although I thought you’d might just get a mash potato sarnie behind every door perhaps? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
this is the one I’ve got
8EA31647-979B-402E-84DA-25DA395932C1.jpeg
I’ve got a ‘feel new’ tea bag today which is a fennel one.

A biscuit one would be chefs kiss to go with this though.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I'll catch up later but having a super bullshit day so far ✌ Can't wait until it's 5 pm and I am released from this mess, I just want to go home and eat a massive plate of pasta and meatballs. It's almost midday and feels like I've been at work for a week. Daydreaming about winning the lottery and walking out of here without so much as a toodles lmao

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Peaches_xox I'm sorry you mum went babbling, it's such a crappy thing to do! If you wanted you sister to know you would of her told her yourself 🙃

Think something was in the water yesterday, or maybe the moon. I cried because we're renovating our kitchen and it's STILL not finished 😅😂

I have a Toblerone advent calendar, although the pukka one looks amazing 😍

• Heart

Any takers?

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Heart
Morninggggg. I’m so jealous of the advent calendar chat. Little peaches was buzzing his elf was back & bought him a calendar this morning. He was all ‘he must know I tried white chocolate at the weekend and liked it’ 🥰

I’ve just got to the train station to get into work. Completely forgot masks are back. I don’t have one! Binned mine when we didn’t need them anymore 😅

I had a choice to get the train and get to work before 10, or miss it and get a costa. Obvz got Costa.

Hope everybody has a good day ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Me, walking across the car park into work and remembering we don't control the music anymore, so no more hours of the Christmas Micheal Bauble album...

Me, walking through the door and realising the song playing is him...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Morning everyone, happy December! ❄🎄

It feels proper Christmassy here, all snow and white sky. I’m still feeling crap so staying at home, but I think I will put my decs up this evening so looking forward to that. No advent calendar for me this year, though

• Heart
Arghhhh I honestly just want to scream! Why is Christmas more hassle than it's worth?

Me and bf have obviously had an expensive year, buying and renovating a house. In the last week I've had to arrange and pay for a new boiler due to broken heating, we've had a leak under our floor and life in general has just been really expensive. On his side of the family there's 8 nieces and nephews who we would normally buy for. I spoke to MIL and asked for all the childrens sizes because we're just going to get them PJs and some christmassy sweets/chocolates. I'll make little hampers. It will still cost me near on £100 just for them, but it's cheaper than the normal £20/£30 per child we'd spend. She was fine about it. BIL was absolutely fine about it and said "don't get them anything if it's not within your budget, the kids will get loads anyway!!". SIL has just sent me a crappy text "so you've not budgeted for my kids this christmas then? Thanks. They'll already get PJs from me on xmas eve. Here's their lists, let me know what you're getting off there and I'll cross it off". It's so bleeping rude. I feel so stressed about money as it is, I had a right old cry to my boyfriend about it last night as my MOT is also due soon and I'm panicking about that in case I fail. I don't need her adding stress on top of that. I now feel like I need to just put stuff on credit cards so the kids get what they've asked for but then I shouldn't be made to feel like that. It's a catch 22, if I don't get what they want she'll hate me for it, but if I do, I'll hate myself for giving in to her :(

There's also lots of children on my side of the family, whos parents have all been more than happy for us to just get PJs!

Sorry to be a moaner I just needed to get it out.

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Is she joking @WilmaHun you should tell her to not be such an ungrateful bleep, at least their getting something, some kids don’t get anything at all. At least you’re doing a little something. I’d just stick to what you’re doing and the kids will be grateful - if she’s not just ignore her. The bellend!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@WilmaHun what an ungrateful witch. You get what you can afford, I seriously doubt the kids will care aslong as they receive something.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Arghhhh I honestly just want to scream! Why is Christmas more hassle than it's worth?

Me and bf have obviously had an expensive year, buying and renovating a house. In the last week I've had to arrange and pay for a new boiler due to broken heating, we've had a leak under our floor and life in general has just been really expensive. On his side of the family there's 8 nieces and nephews who we would normally buy for. I spoke to MIL and asked for all the childrens sizes because we're just going to get them PJs and some christmassy sweets/chocolates. I'll make little hampers. It will still cost me near on £100 just for them, but it's cheaper than the normal £20/£30 per child we'd spend. She was fine about it. BIL was absolutely fine about it and said "don't get them anything if it's not within your budget, the kids will get loads anyway!!". SIL has just sent me a crappy text "so you've not budgeted for my kids this christmas then? Thanks. They'll already get PJs from me on xmas eve. Here's their lists, let me know what you're getting off there and I'll cross it off". It's so bleeping rude. I feel so stressed about money as it is, I had a right old cry to my boyfriend about it last night as my MOT is also due soon and I'm panicking about that in case I fail. I don't need her adding stress on top of that. I now feel like I need to just put stuff on credit cards so the kids get what they've asked for but then I shouldn't be made to feel like that. It's a catch 22, if I don't get what they want she'll hate me for it, but if I do, I'll hate myself for giving in to her :(

There's also lots of children on my side of the family, whos parents have all been more than happy for us to just get PJs!

Bloody hell! Christmas isn't about what gifts people are given! I'm sorry she's treated you like that. A hamper would be more fun for a kid than yet another random bit of plastic anway.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning just catching up from yesterday!

I remember when I was younger with a Nintendo DS I had a sims game with aliens in a hotel anyone remember that??? I always got stuck right at the end and ending up starting over I don’t think I ever completed it 🤔

I’ve got a milky bar advent calendar, Mr. Fudge has Reese’s cups and our pup has one too she’s the only one that had hers this morning I like to have mine later on as a treat after work 😆

Also cold is almost gone but I’ve lost my voice so that’s great 🙃

Hope you all have a good Wednesday, happy hump day and more importantly it’s December woohooo Christmassssss 3 more weeks til I finish work

• Heart
Whaat?! What a proper cow your SIL is @WilmaHun, Christmas isn’t about gifts, why teach children that? Just get them chocolates or whatever is in your budget, don’t listen to her

• Heart

That's horrid behaviour wtf?? You're not obligated to buy them anything, it's nice to get presents but they are kids, whatever junk they get, they forget about in a couple of months! They are already getting stuff from their parents and grandparents, smh. Does your bf know about her attitude? That's unacceptable, if my sister did that I'd tell her to duck off. Don't stress about it at all, the kids would be happy just with the chocolate and sweets let's be honest.

• Heart
@WilmaHun Wow you’d think after last years Christmas people would just be happy to see family and be together this year!

• Heart
@WilmaHun that is horrific behaviour! She is acting more childish than her actual kids by the sounds of things! If she is going to act that way she isn't worth your time. I hope you're okay. Christmas as much as I love it, is a stressful and expensive time of year. What a knob.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Stick to your guns @WilmaHun
Also I’d never expect anybody to buy anything from my child’s list. That’s my responsibility as his parent. Sometimes my mum might pick something off it to help me out but I’d never expect the aunties and uncles too. Little peaches gets loads off us and so anything else he gets is a bonus! She sounds like a prick!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.