Chit chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did some DIY messed up my lungs along the way, yet again. I finally managed to scrape off the absolutely disgusting and dingy old sealing around the shower and put new silicone sealant down. It was nowhere as easy as I hoped because I was working like a dumbass but if I was better prepared, it would have been quick enough. I also fixed the noise issue of the hoover, apparently the filter needed to be cleaned. Now it no longer yells at me when I use it :m Did a load of washing, hoovered the flat, cleaned the kitchen and decluttered some shoes and rearranged a shelf of my wardrobe. Shouldn't have taken me all day but I only started at midday and finished around 5, along with faffing and having lunch etc. so not too bad. Sucks that I can't use the shower yet though, it needs to dry for a good 12 hours and I feel gross 😭 Gonna eat some cheese and play a bit of sims again. I want to go to bed a bit earlier today so I can finish the rest of the laundry early tomorrow and properly rest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m changing me name to Bob cos I’m basically a builder now. Just did a flat pack all by myself. I’m tit at practical stuff so this is an achievement for me 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Im officially old. Was looking for clothes for my 11 year old niece and all the tops are cropped

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sadly it's not just men with rubbish kitchen habits - mousy housemate can't wash up a tea spoon.

She makes herself a coffee and then puts the spoon in the bottom of the washing up bowl. There is a draining board, there is even a dishwasher, but every single time, multiple times a day, no matter how many people tell her... it's just dropped in the washing up bowl. Nothing else is kept in the bowl... just the single spoon.

It would be quicker to rinse and put it on the draining board than to drop it!

• Heart
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
That’s why I like not living with a partner or housemate now. I don’t have to deal with their bad habits. I’m trying to train up my 6yo to pull his weight a bit 😂 roll on the day he can make me a cuppa in bed.

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve trained my son who is 2 in 3 months how to put a wash on. He does it with me every morning and when my fella moans about having no washing I say ‘you’re 31 and can’t use the washing machine but our baby can’ 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Mine can do the machine too 😂 my ex husband (mummy’s boy) couldn’t do it so I’ll be damned if my son grows up like that. He won’t be getting pocket money unless he does some chores (haha god I sound like miss trunchball).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Mr peaches can’t wipe a side either, or take his cups and plates to the dishwasher. He heard all about it when I kicked off over the bin bag 🙃 hes tit at washing and mixes whites and blacks together. Now all his white socks are basically grey. He’s under strict instruction not to touch our stuff.
My 5 year old is more helpful then his dad. He puts his clothes in the washing basket although he never puts the toilet seat down 😂

• Haha
Does anyone else’s fella get undressed to go in the shower and puts their clothes on the floor next to the wash basket, never in it just right next to it 😂

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
The worst thing is when they leave empty wrappers back in the cupboard so when you fancy a pack of crisps or a choc biccie and there’s none left.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
My fella makes a sandwich, won’t eat the crust, leaves the crust on the plate and puts the plate next to the sink.

god I could moan about him for hours 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Our wash basket is kept in the kitchen next to the machine. My fella doesn’t even remove his clothes from the bathroom to the wash basket. I can see them piling up for days and I think I’m not moving them.. then suddenly he has no clean clothes and is doing his own emergency black and white mixed washing 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I’m determined to drum good habits into my boy and not cause this hell for his future partner (also determined not to be the mil from hell!).

• Heart
I’m determined to drum good habits into my boy and not cause this hell for his future partner (also determined not to be the mil from hell!).
Same! Sometimes I think he thinks I’m his snack witch and he’s all like ‘mummaaaaaaaa get me a drink and a kit Kat’ - trying to teach him that’s NOT how you ask for things and also he has a dad who can get him stuff?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Whenever I moan about my mil being annoying my fella goes ‘so when the baby has a girlfriend and a kid you’re not gonna wanna ring all the time and see the baby?’ And I go ‘no I’ll give them space and
Leave them alone and not go NANNA NANNA NANNNA and sing the teletubbies theme repeatedly’

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.