Chit chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well today has gone much better - had my walk, deep conditioned my hair, cooked some tea, ate real(er) food and struggled less at work. Still feel rough but roll on tomorrow!

Plus in 60 minutes RDR2 will finish downloading - only took 11 3/4 hours 🤣 Hope everyone has a good evening.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ooh I deep conditioned my hair today too. I always do it once a week and let it dry naturally and it always feels healthier after

• Heart
omg I use that one! I have dead frizzy curly hair and that one seems to tame it the most
I'm still growing my hair out but I'm getting some proper nice curls in it using that and the matching regular conditioner/shampoo after have 'dragged-through-hedge-backwards' hair for years.

Reactions: 1
Omg I have a new fav dinner. I usually only eat a couple of meals on rotation cos I’m so boring, but my new fav is hash browns scrambled egg and spaghetti hoops. I’m slightly fuming because the little Tesco only had Heinz hoops and own brand are way better but it’ll have to do for today

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I've just had a packet of Randoms and there was nothing random about them. Just lumps of foam that all tasted the same.

• Haha
  • Sick
I've had a cheeky McDonalds 🤭 I didn't have the festive burger this time I had hamburger and fries but I did have the festive pie and I didn't like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As I couldn't bring myself to go home because I'm a gutless little tit, I am staying over at dad's place tonight. Sadly he's away, I could use a hug and a piece of chocolate. I think last night got my nerves all messed up, I keep crying and I don't know if this is entirely because of the bleeping bat. I am still very scared but I also feel very small and alone and nobody is around to fix this stupid thing for me. I just want someone to walk in, make sure my home is clean and intruder-free and make me a cup of tea. Hiding this under the spoiler because I'm embarrassed.
The concert was kind of lame. We went to see a small chamber orchestra but the pieces felt disorganised, the soloist and the orchestra were out of sync and I resorted to thinking about what I'm gonna do tomorrow night instead so the distraction attempt was a bit of a fail. I'm making myself a cup of green tea now, I'll watch some Nat Geo to distract myself and go to bed soon. Got my period too which is just icing on the tit cake that is these last two days.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s happened again. I got a bit carried away when I got my 2 new expansion packs I forgot one of my families was up the duff. Came back and…..

2D2E9C20-4EEA-4729-B4E8-14D7ECCD7CDF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Omg I have a new fav dinner. I usually only eat a couple of meals on rotation cos I’m so boring, but my new fav is hash browns scrambled egg and spaghetti hoops. I’m slightly fuming because the little Tesco only had Heinz hoops and own brand are way better but it’ll have to do for today
this sounds like my kinda dinner 😍 agree, Heinz are tit, own brand are soooooo much better

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I was creating one earlier and hitting the randomiser button and it came up with Austin... nope, but at least it's slightly more modern than Augustin!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My mum made me some chicken pasta to take home to uni so that was my dinner tonight ♥

now I’m gonna have a cup of tea and a white choc + raspberry muffin I bought from Starbucks earlier 🥰

I’m catching up on IMAC 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh Tattle was a life saver during the first lockdown (when we all went mad and some of us got the hots for MP's) :ROFLMAO: but yeah I love coming on here and having a chat with you guys and reading what you've been upto etc.
Some of us had that well before lockdown ;) 😂

I just work for Tesco. I always feel embarrassed telling people that when they ask...

I was seriously questioning my life choices at 6.30 am, when I was about to leave the house in the cold and dark...I hate working that early in winter and I'm not a morning person!
Nothing embarrassing about working in a supermarket @Thelmachops. When I was at uni, I worked part-time in a supermarket and I loved it. I'm still in touch with a few people I worked with and that was about twenty years ago now.
Retail work is one of the hardest jobs to do and I have felt so sorry for all the retail staff this past 18 moths for everything they've had to go though.
Never mind clap for the NHS. Retail (in particular supermarket) staff should have got a lot more thanks and appreciation.
It's a massive bugbear of mine to see anyone looking down on retail staff, bar staff, wait staff etc and treating them like dirt.
I think retail should be like conscription. After leaving school EVERYONE should have to work a year in retail and then see how they treat people afterwards.

Just remember:

Screenshot_20200509_231507.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
As I couldn't bring myself to go home because I'm a gutless little tit, I am staying over at dad's place tonight. Sadly he's away, I could use a hug and a piece of chocolate. I think last night got my nerves all messed up, I keep crying and I don't know if this is entirely because of the bleeping bat. I am still very scared but I also feel very small and alone and nobody is around to fix this stupid thing for me. I just want someone to walk in, make sure my home is clean and intruder-free and make me a cup of tea. Hiding this under the spoiler because I'm embarrassed.
The concert was kind of lame. We went to see a small chamber orchestra but the pieces felt disorganised, the soloist and the orchestra were out of sync and I resorted to thinking about what I'm gonna do tomorrow night instead so the distraction attempt was a bit of a fail. I'm making myself a cup of green tea now, I'll watch some Nat Geo to distract myself and go to bed soon. Got my period too which is just icing on the tit cake that is these last two days.
Be kind to yourself. I grew up in the countryside and we always had creatures in our house that should not be there. My mum used to just shrug it off nonchalantly.

However, I do not react the same way. We lived in Asia for a long time and while I am ok with the geckos being inside that is where I draw the line. I came downstairs once to a motherfucking civet cat in my living room, it just looked at me as if to say "yo. What you doing in my house?" While I froze in panic on the stairs and contemplated burning my house down. I had to get a friend to rescue me and get the civet out. But for days after that I felt so icked out and like my space had been invaded by this intruder. It was horrible.

It is not a stupid thing. I am glad you had somewhere to go to for now.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.