Chit chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Peaches_xox They seem to drag you down to that school all the time, what can there possibly be to tell you that you don’t already know?!

joking aside though, hope it goes well! I’m sure little peaches will get a glowing report 🥰
I know! This is what they do though. I’m there all the time and then they hit me with loads of info that I didn’t know and I feel like hmm you probs could have mentioned that before cos you see me all the bloody time 😅😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Afternoon all.

Hope parents evening goes well @Peaches_xox.

We are having a meeting with the school on Thursday because they are fed up of Littlest being in the same class as Middle Jelly. It is a tiny school and it is just the way things have fallen. I don't really know what they expect us to do, we might not be perfect saintly parents but I think we do OK, my kids aren't really feral, they are generally polite and kind. School just brings out the worst in Middle. I am sad for him that we are trying to fit him into a school sized box that he clearly doesn't fit in. If I was well anf at home I would just pull him out but that isn't an option for us right now.

Anyway, I am back in my wheelchair. I did have a shower this morning and then was back in bed for a while before the physio got me out. I can't stay awake, I read three lines of my book and have dozed off.

It is lovely bright weather here and I can see the horses in the field opposite. Hopefully a nurse is going to find and feed me crackerjack soon.

I feel like my days are just like groundhog day, the same over and over.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Afternoon all.

We are having a meeting with the school on Thursday because they are fed up of Littlest being in the same class as Middle Jelly. It is a tiny school and it is just the way things have fallen. I don't really know what they expect us to do, we might not be perfect saintly parents but I think we do OK, my kids aren't really feral, they are generally polite and kind. School just brings out the worst in Middle. I am sad for him that we are trying to fit him into a school sized box that he clearly doesn't fit in. If I was well anf at home I would just pull him out but that isn't an option for us right now.

Anyway, I am back in my wheelchair. I did have a shower this morning and then was back in bed for a while before the physio got me out. I can't stay awake, I read three lines of my book and have dozed off.

It is lovely bright weather here and I can see the horses in the field opposite. Hopefully a nurse is going to find and feed me crackerjack soon.

Sounds like middle jelly might be like my bro. He found school boring because he was way ahead of other kids. He ended up getting kicked out of secondary but thrived going to the behavioural unit

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Afternoon all.

Are they far off high school age? At that point it might be easier to split them up. It is sad though, it's not like he's going around bullying the students or attacking the teacher. There were many kids I'd have swapped for MJ when I was at school.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Great news here, I was able to meet with friends in person for the first time in months. We’ve been restricted to just 2 people can meet at a time but now it’s 5. We met for a lunch that lasted hours

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hellooo! Just got back from taking the baby to the pier and the park. It’s not toooo chilly here but it is a bit nippy. Very sunny, my fave kind of weather! The babies decided that he doesn’t like the pram anymore and he wants to walk everywhere. Which adds about 9 hours onto every journey. We walk so slow my Fitbit doesn’t count it as steps! Also he loves his Thomas but I bloody don’t. It plays the Thomas theme tune which I heard enough as it is. now it’s just permanently on a loop non stop 😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It turns out I needed an e-mail verification code for the X Box. On an email address that I last used in 2009. So I went through customer service, eventually got my e-mail changed and they send the code and... nothing.

So apparently tomorrow I may or may not get a code. So I've cancelled the order to buy it somewhere else. And now I may or may not have the order cancelled (apparently takes 24-48 hours).

I'll find out when they either do or don't turn up tomorrow asking for a code that I either will or will not have.

What a palaver :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Remember how I was determined to have a good day? Well it worked until about half an hour ago. A bleeping bat got inside the flat.

After 15 minutes of catatonic fear and another 10 minutes of crying to my dad on the phone, I managed to enter the room, open the window, turn off the lights and put a burning/smoking sage so the bat would be more inclined to go to open air rather than staying in the warm room. (Thanks internet.) I checked the room again, turned on the light, beat the curtains to within an inch of their lives, turned on the hoover, made a lot of noise etc. but hopefully it went out. I am still shaking, this hasn't happened in so long and I was never home alone during it before. I need to take a shower and calm down but my night is effectively ruined. I don't know how I'll sleep easy tonight, I hope there isn't one in my bedroom too. I doubt even Sims will help. I knew opening that particular infernal window yesterday was a tit idea, they always find their way in from there. bleeping hell. I really didn't need this but hey, who's asking for my opinion right?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Remember how I was determined to have a good day? Well it worked until about half an hour ago. A bleeping bat got inside the flat.

After 15 minutes of catatoniv fear and another 10 minutes of crying to my dad on the phone, I managed to enter the room, open the window, turn off the lights and put a burning sage so the bat would be more inclined to go to open air rather than staying in the warm room. (Thanks internet.) I checked the room again, turned on the light, beat the curtains to within an inch of their lives, turned on the hoover, made a lot of noise etc. but hopefully it went out. I am still shaking, this hasn't happened in so long and I was never home alone during it before. I need to take a shower and calm down but my night is effectively ruined. I don't know how I'll sleep easy tonight, I hope there isn't one in my bedroom too. I doubt even siks will help. I knew opening that particular infernal window yesterday was a tit idea, they always find their way in from there. bleeping hell. I really didn't need this but hey, who's asking for my opinion right?
Oh God, that sounds so stressful! Nasty bats 🙁 Make a nice cup of tea and try to distract yourself, I hope you don’t have to interact with them anymore

After 15 minutes of catatonic fear and another 10 minutes of crying to my dad on the phone, I managed to enter the room, open the window, turn off the lights and put a burning/smoking sage so the bat would be more inclined to go to open air rather than staying in the warm room. (Thanks internet.) I checked the room again, turned on the light, beat the curtains to within an inch of their lives, turned on the hoover, made a lot of noise etc. but hopefully it went out. I am still shaking, this hasn't happened in so long and I was never home alone during it before. I need to take a shower and calm down but my night is effectively ruined. I don't know how I'll sleep easy tonight, I hope there isn't one in my bedroom too. I doubt even Sims will help. I knew opening that particular infernal window yesterday was a tit idea, they always find their way in from there. bleeping hell. I really didn't need this but hey, who's asking for my opinion right?
Omg, I'd have been terrified too!

Right, it says

We’re sorry there was an issue with your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed.
So I'm assuming it's cancelled and have ordered a different one from Argos to be delivered tonight. If it does magically up tomorrow I'll just have to refuse it.

On the plus side I've finally finished work today - it's like a madhouse this time of year and people keep forgetting that I'm only one person.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think I’d give that pig in blanket a good go. I’d give any sausage a good go though, I’m only human 🍆

we made homemade subways for tea, I had a BMT (big meaty treat) I love big meaty treats in all forms 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.