Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came across this while searching for our new baby/toddler group because ironically people from this thread were venturing over there and then analysing it all in more depth than we ever had time for 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️ Funnily enough the baby threads on here are full of the most loveliest supportive people I’ve come across on the internet.

@Pebbleybeach not aiming the animosity at you, just a general on this thread. I completely support anyone child free by choice. The world is over populated and there are undeniable benefits to being child free but there are some really bitter and hateful comments on here from some others towards mums and that’s not a healthy way to live imo. ❤
Have you considered that this thread exists BECAUSE childfree people regularly experience hate and animosity simply because they are childfree? And you still think it's appropriate to come here and lecture us. Girl, bye. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Imagine the uproar if we ventured into the mum threads and started throwing smug pass-ag comments at them about their opinions/life choices 💀

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Like why did those two users even venture into this thread in the first place. I know the Boddler topic came up, but how did they know 😂

I wouldn't consider going into the TTC thread, or New Baby threads

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
another to add to the list - child free people need reminding what love and peace are because we’re just full of hate 😉

I love this thread and connecting with other people who are child free. 95% of my friends either have children or are pregnant and I have a disability and really struggle with my energy. An hour with children is enough to knock me out and sometimes I just want a child free catch up so that things aren’t so exhausting. It doesn’t mean I hate their children!

I find that parents are often lovely and supportive to each other, but all that empathy vanishes when it comes to making accommodations for me, which I need as a very ill person. No they can’t organise somewhere closer to me because X has a kid and doesn’t want to drive - so I have to drive further than anyone else (which means I often have to cancel cos I physically can’t do it - that would be fine if they then didn’t get cross with me!) I can’t visit them if their child is snotty as I can’t risk catching anything, I can’t physically help with your children, but I am a person too who deserves meaningful connections with my friends. But often, it’s all about children and I’m treated as someone lacking because I can’t join in that conversation fully. And I’m treated as a bad person for cancelling. The worst ableism I’ve experienced has been with ‘friends’ who are parents - mostly because I’ve asked for a tiny bit of flexibility!

I don’t say anything I put on this thread to parents because that’d be really rude and I’m not devoid of basic social skills, but god I need to talk about it somewhere or it feels so lonely - and it’s nice to talk about it in a place where I know people won’t be offended… but then people barge in and try to insinuate that we are just nasty and miserable! acting like we’re spitting on toddlers 💀 is there no escape 😤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I’ve only just seen this - omg why do we not work together?! 🤣💕

I’ve had this happen so many times too! Kids screaming at the sight of a needle while I’m trying to inject a wiggly cat and then the cat’s on the ceiling and I’m covered in scratches 💀 I don’t mind them there if they behave or they’re polite - I’ve had so many lovely children in who ask good questions and I let them use my stethoscope etc, but the rude ones drive me mad 🤣
Naa not letting them use my stethoscope. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ve just moved job and I used to deal with work experience requests for the whole company and the amount of school age kids who would email in their application for with no covering email, so not even a hello or a sign off. (Not all by any means but enough for it to annoy me).
I used to write a little sentence about how when addressing a stranger or employer it is polite to introduce yourself and sign off as if you do that with a CV it’ll just get binned. Utterly clueless some of em!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
To be honest, my favourite is when the parents come on here to say they totally relate to us, cos they hate everyone else's kids, they only like their own. Like every parent ever, but they think they are so UnIqUe :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
To be honest, my favourite is when the parents come on here to say they totally relate to us, cos they hate everyone else's kids, they only like their own. Like every parent ever, but they think they are so UnIqUe :rolleyes:
I know, it’s such a bore. Ok hun, I hate your kids and other people’s kids 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think it’s different just reading a thread? Sometimes I’ve gone into the pregnancy or baby ones out of morbid curiosity and always ended up reaffirming my choice not to have kids 😂 wouldn’t post though

Reactions: 22
Nothing gives me greater joy than the mumsnet thread on here but tbh that isn’t about parenthood per se, it’s more because the posters on mumsnet are surely a social experiment or completely demented if real. But I wouldn’t be going on an actual parenting/children based thread and posting all about my fantastic childfree existence. Maybe I’ll start, just to rub salt in the wound ☺

Reactions: 3
There is an article online lovingly ripped from mumsnet due to a slow news day and it was about childfree sections in restaurants due to feral sprogs running riot and loudly watching YouTube at the table.
It’s all the parenting or lack of. I was only allowed to leave the table to go to the loo and certainly no running about when staff have got hot food. But then my parents parented…

Reactions: 10
Nothing gives me greater joy than the mumsnet thread on here but tbh that isn’t about parenthood per se, it’s more because the posters on mumsnet are surely a social experiment or completely demented if real. But I wouldn’t be going on an actual parenting/children based thread and posting all about my fantastic childfree existence. Maybe I’ll start, just to rub salt in the wound ☺
I think 10% of the posters are real and the rest are trolls, journos and mumsnet staff and unfortunately the 10% of real people are a mixture of angry, very weird and normal and the normal ones are drowned out by the angry, the weird, the trolls, the journos and the staff!

Reactions: 4
I think it’s different just reading a thread? Sometimes I’ve gone into the pregnancy or baby ones out of morbid curiosity and always ended up reaffirming my choice not to have kids 😂 wouldn’t post though
Yeah I read other threads when I'm bored (usually in work and I've exhausted the other threads 😂), I don't have social media like instagram so i don't really know any of the influencers on here besides the ones that I knew from tv shows so I mostly stay on the off topic and advice threads. I wouldn't comment though, I honestly have nothing relevant to say anyway. I always feel awkward replying to anything kid related even if it's something I can reply to, like there was an advice thread on kid swimming the other day because I don't want people to jump straight to 'you don't have kids!'

Reactions: 4
There is an article online lovingly ripped from mumsnet due to a slow news day and it was about childfree sections in restaurants due to feral sprogs running riot and loudly watching YouTube at the table.
It’s all the parenting or lack of. I was only allowed to leave the table to go to the loo and certainly no running about when staff have got hot food. But then my parents parented…
From some of the situations I’ve seen in restaurants they’d be better off with ‘parent free’ sections and letting the kids sit by themselves. Last time I was out with my husband, brother, sister in law and their two kids they were horrified that when a child at a table near us was getting restless the parents sent them off to play. In. A. Restaurant. They literally said ‘X just go and play somewhere’ the child was 6/7…

Another memorable meal was the parents with a baby (in a high chair) baby was perfectly content being fed by their mum, just happy noises, eating, sitting happily. Two attractive women sat at the table in front of their and the dad decided to take over the feeding, mainly while looking at the attractive women doing an incredibly loud aeroplane thing, then being a monster etc the baby was crying, struggling/wiggling, screaming, smashing the tray bit of the high chair etc.

I’ve also seen a child running behind the bar of a pub, very little, maybe 2/3. Parents on their phones, didn’t even notice until the a staff member brought the child back to them.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
the child free thread exists for a reason and parents posting on here (which is not the same as reading a thread!) to try and argue about it and guilt us is EXACTLY why child free spaces should exist. surely if parents are so upset seeing some opinions that don’t affect them (and that have stayed on this thread), then they should be supporting child free spaces so all of us miseries can be out of their way? 💀

eta as I don’t want to derail: what’s everyone’s favourite thing about being child free? mine is the lack of responsibility and accountability, I would buckle under the pressure so instead I get to do things at my pace 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 21
what’s everyone’s favourite thing about being child free? mine is the lack of responsibility and accountability, I would buckle under the pressure so instead I get to do things at my pace 😅
The spare money and the quiet are my favourites, no question.

Reactions: 10
The spare money and the quiet are my favourites, no question.
Mine is just not having children. The extra money I have by not having children and the quiet are great side benefits but I just don’t want children, like I don’t want to paint my living room green, I don’t know why, I just don’t 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.