Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed but (see above) to me I don't know what not quite a baby not quite a toddler is? A toddler is past the baby stage and is toddling no? 0-3 months is not toddling? neither is 6 months. Those are babies. 10 months+ is surely boddler territory? Idk folks, I'm not here to judge. I just can't figure it out😂
Saaame 🤣

When people ask me how old my nephew is I always say "Well, he is underage for sure"

Who has time for those 17 life stages that children go through.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Agreed but (see above) to me I don't know what not quite a baby not quite a toddler is? A toddler is past the baby stage and is toddling no? 0-3 months is not toddling? neither is 6 months. Those are babies. 10 months+ is surely boddler territory? Idk folks, I'm not here to judge. I just can't figure it out😂
It’s really not that deep guys, we created it as a semi joke. We didn’t have time to dissect the meaning this much 🤣

Reactions: 2
It’s really not that deep guys, we created it as a semi joke. We didn’t have time to dissect the meaning this much 🤣
Tbh I’ve been too busy being a mum, putting my hair in a mum bum and working to really think!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Tbh I’ve been too busy being a mum, putting my hair in a mum bum and working to really think!
I hope you haven’t been buying yourself hair bands. If you haven’t found it in a toy box or resorted to picking up an elastic band the postman dropped on your doorstep, it isn’t an authentic mum bun. I’ve just been reliably informed by 5 mums on a training course on Monday that I’m spoilt and mums can’t have nice things like hair bands after I went to Superdrug at lunch time and bought a whole packet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Why not kindle fire? Normally I’d apologise for being off topic but it illustrates the beauty of our situation, getting to chat and not having to look after some snotty child/ be tired after having put it to bed/ the last thing before you close your eyes thinking about its school bag 😆
The kindle fire is a cheap tablet.

So you can get the kindle app but you don't get the benefits of the kindle (e-ink, no glare, light, huge amounts of storage etc)

I had 2 kindle fires before finally admitting they are tit and getting an ipad. The app choice is very limited, they get slow very quickly and they aren't great as a kindle.

If you need a tablet then get an ipad. If you just want to play candy crush and maybe read a book then get a fire but don't try to read it outside. 😁

Reactions: 6
Ashley Greene the actress referred to herself in a DM article as a warrior mum, because she works out. FML 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I hope you haven’t been buying yourself hair bands. If you haven’t found it in a toy box or resorted to picking up an elastic band the postman dropped on your doorstep, it isn’t an authentic mum bun. I’ve just been reliably informed by 5 mums on a training course on Monday that I’m spoilt and mums can’t have nice things like hair bands after I went to Superdrug at lunch time and bought a whole packet.
They really love being martyrs don't they?

My mother was working as a waitress in the 90s to feed us and she always had time to look good. She simply taught us to look after each other so "Mommy could have some me time".

What is wrong with this new generation of mothers who act like they are the first ones to give birth in history?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Going for my monthly massage this afternoon💆🏼‍♀️
Treating myself to 1.5hours instead of my usual 1. But first lazing around til 10ish and then taking the dog for a walk in the snow.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They really love being martyrs don't they?

My mother was working as a waitress in the 90s to feed us and she always had time to look good. She simply taught us to look after each other so "Mommy could have some me time".

What is wrong with this new generation of mothers who act like they are the first ones to give birth in history?
Yep! I’ve had it said before I’m spoilt over tiny things though like a cup of coffee - I’m spoilt for having the time/being able to drink it hot, spoilt for having a bath with a bath bomb in it which would be a waste ‘for mums’ because they only get 5 minute baths etc.

I’m sure I’ve said it before on this thread but I read/listen to these kinds of things a bit baffled because my mum, the mums in my family and the mums I’m friends with have time to wash their hair, wear clean clothes, shower, have a cup of tea, they buy new hair bands (!) etc. My mum would sit and watch a tv programme or read a magazine or eat a sandwich etc and we all grew up fine, I’m not traumatised because my mum bought herself stuff and lived like a person rather than someone doing a survivalist retreat!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The kindle fire is a cheap tablet.

So you can get the kindle app but you don't get the benefits of the kindle (e-ink, no glare, light, huge amounts of storage etc)

I had 2 kindle fires before finally admitting they are tit and getting an ipad. The app choice is very limited, they get slow very quickly and they aren't great as a kindle.

If you need a tablet then get an ipad. If you just want to play candy crush and maybe read a book then get a fire but don't try to read it outside. 😁

All of this and more :ROFLMAO: I had three Fire Tablets (plus my beloved Kindle, I had my first in 2009), but the app choice truly isn't great and their format isn't meant for reading, it's not comfortable to hold, etc. The E-Ink display of the Kindles is meant to mimic reading on paper, has no glare, etc, while the Fires are really just a tablet. I got my boyfriend's old iPad after that last Fire and will never look back, it's so much better. With the Fire I never could imagine giving up my big computer but with the ipad I can finally see why some people do it.

Reactions: 5
Yep! I’ve had it said before I’m spoilt over tiny things though like a cup of coffee - I’m spoilt for having the time/being able to drink it hot, spoilt for having a bath with a bath bomb in it which would be a waste ‘for mums’ because they only get 5 minute baths etc.
Where are you all apparently finding these mums?! Haha. I absolutely enjoy a bubble bath once baby is in bed and often have a hot coffee in the morning while he has breakfast. I also have an abundant supply of various hair bobbles. 🤣

Different life choices don’t mean you have to have so much hate towards people who live life differently to you. If you’re child free by choice I think that’s a great decision! It would be boring if everyone were the same. We’re all humans making the best of our lives so let’s co exist happily without all the animosity. Peace out ✌🏼 ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Still baffled by people coming into this thread when it’s not relevant to them? 🤣 Having our own space to talk in is co-existing happily because we’re not encroaching on your space?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Where are you all apparently finding these mums?! Haha. I absolutely enjoy a bubble bath once baby is in bed and often have a hot coffee in the morning while he has breakfast. I also have an abundant supply of various hair bobbles. 🤣

Different life choices don’t mean you have to have so much hate towards people who live life differently to you. If you’re child free by choice I think that’s a great decision! It would be boring if everyone were the same. We’re all humans making the best of our lives so let’s co exist happily without all the animosity. Peace out ✌🏼 ❤
I don’t find them, they’re everywhere. I work with loads of them, they’re all over the internet, they write articles in the paper. I’ve literally said it’s baffling to me because my mum, the mums in my family and the mums I choose to be friends with aren’t like that, so I’m unsure why some mums choose to have ‘mummy martyr’ as a personality. Maybe you missed that part, but you don’t need to defend yourself/your hair bands to me.

I’m confused where you think the hate and animosity is?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Haha as if you're in this thread as well. We definitely should be mates IRL 😂

I hate kids in my consult room. If you have to bring them, fine, but tell them to sit down and shut up. I had a teenager-ish once totally freaking out that I was injecting the animal (a vaccine) and how she was *terrified* of needles. No you're not love, or you would have waited outside, you're attention seeking.
I’ve only just seen this - omg why do we not work together?! 🤣💕

I’ve had this happen so many times too! Kids screaming at the sight of a needle while I’m trying to inject a wiggly cat and then the cat’s on the ceiling and I’m covered in scratches 💀 I don’t mind them there if they behave or they’re polite - I’ve had so many lovely children in who ask good questions and I let them use my stethoscope etc, but the rude ones drive me mad 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
:ROFLMAO: and here's me, I love the Baby advice thread for reading, even though I don't have kids, but the thread is hilarious and the people seem lovely (and I will now admit that I'm actually starting to think that maybe a kid wouldn't be so bad. I still dislike the martyr mum that Instagram tries to push on me for no reason at all, but it doesn't mean that every mum is like that. I know loads of lovely mums who aren't at all like that!)

• Heart
Came across this while searching for our new baby/toddler group because ironically people from this thread were venturing over there and then analysing it all in more depth than we ever had time for 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️ Funnily enough the baby threads on here are full of the most loveliest supportive people I’ve come across on the internet.

@Pebbleybeach not aiming the animosity at you, just a general on this thread. I completely support anyone child free by choice. The world is over populated and there are undeniable benefits to being child free but there are some really bitter and hateful comments on here from some others towards mums and that’s not a healthy way to live imo. ❤
Bye then

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Still baffled by people coming into this thread when it’s not relevant to them? 🤣 Having our own space to talk in is co-existing happily because we’re not encroaching on your space?
they’ve got to let us know somehow that we’re miserable and have too much time on our hands 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 24
:ROFLMAO: and here's me, I love the Baby advice thread for reading, even though I don't have kids, but the thread is hilarious and the people seem lovely (and I will now admit that I'm actually starting to think that maybe a kid wouldn't be so bad. I still dislike the martyr mum that Instagram tries to push on me for no reason at all, but it doesn't mean that every mum is like that. I know loads of lovely mums who aren't at all like that!)
Completely get this! I hate the new trend of influencers complaining about birth and their children (it’s called labour for a reason, it’s never going to be easy! 🤣) being a parent is full on but it’s definitely not all bad if you’re prepared. Theres definitely pros to both ways of life! You're welcome on the thread anytime! ❤

Came across this while searching for our new baby/toddler group because ironically people from this thread were venturing over there and then analysing it all in more depth than we ever had time for 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️ Funnily enough the baby threads on here are full of the most loveliest supportive people I’ve come across on the internet.

@Pebbleybeach not aiming the animosity at you, just a general on this thread. I completely support anyone child free by choice. The world is over populated and there are undeniable benefits to being child free but there are some really bitter and hateful comments on here from some others towards mums and that’s not a healthy way to live imo. ❤
Well when you get told enough times by mums that your time isn't as valuable as theirs, or your entire life lacks any meaning cos you don't have kids, we might make some comments towards them too.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.